Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Compilation of ED Bugs

This thread is for gathering all of the current bugs with Epic Destinies in one location. Have a problem with one of your abilities? Post it here, and I'll add it to the OP along with your name. I've also taken the liberty of aggregating a few existing issues from the front page.

Magister:

- Various Magister (and some wizard) bugs. (Credinus)

- Summons not scaling properly? (akiraproject24)

- Bonuses to DCs not appearing on mouse over decription of spells. Visual bug only? Needs testing. (Ironforge Clan)

- "Tier 3 Necromancy augmentation causes your own Negative energy burst to apply the -5 fortitude saves debuff to yourself when in undead form (maybe also to other palemasters in range - not tested). Moreover, it actually doesn't apply a -5 fortitude saves debuff as it should, but a -5 reflex saves debuff. That means it probably applies the reflex saves debuff instead of fortitude saves debuff to monsters as well." (Maznak)

- Unearthly Reaction 3: Visible effects from blur remain visible when you tumble through the weave. (FooWonk)

Draconic Incarnation:

- Energy Vortex is killing Palemasters. (Jaid314)

- Dragon spell knowledge (cold) does not appear to work. (shadereaper33)

- Go Out With a Bang (Rank II and Rank III) still only deal 2d6 elemental damage per caster level, not 3d6 or 4d6 as per the description. (MrCow)

- Energy Burst (Rank II and Rank III) still only deal 3d6 elemental damage per caster level, not 4d6 or 5d6 as per the description. (MrCow)

- When gaining Rank II or Rank III of Energy Burst they will deal a flat 12 damage per caster level (instead of a weighted 3d6 damage per caster level, which gives a spread of 12 to 18 damage per caster level). This can be resolved by logging off and back on. (MrCow)

- Flyby attack for Red dragon seems to do 2D6 per CL but doesn't apply any damage modifiers, appears to not take spell power. (Tirisha)

- Energy Vortex is DC 20. It is not factoring in Character Level or INT/CHA modifiers. Energy Vortex does the minimum possible damage on its damage dice rolls every time. These issues may be corrected by logging the character off and back on. (MrCow)

- Black Dragon Breath does the minimum possible damage on its damage dice rolls every time (other breath elements have not been tested). (MrCow)

- Dragon Spell Knowledge or Secondary Spell Specialty does not increase the caster level of Energy Sheath, Go Out With a Bang, Energy Burst, or Energy Vortex of a matching element, even though similar effects such as a Sorcerer's Elemental Savant does. (MrCow)

- Draconic Hunger has no effect. (Kilarthia)

- Energy Vortex damages Palemasters, including self. (Kilarthia)

- "Fearsome Invulnerability charges may disappear when Draconic Fury ends. It then may occasionally reappears momentarily showing a random number of charges afterwards." (Kilarthia)

- The second use of Draconic Fury after the cooldown expires has no effect, and gives no buff. (Kilarthia)

- Daunting Roar does not work on targets being affected by flesh to stone. (Kilarthia)

- Draconic Presence: Giving a +2 stacking bonus to reflex saves on all 3 tiers. (EatSmart)

Shadowdancer:

- Meld Into Darkness: Capped by dodge cap. Comparatively speaking, Imp. Uncanny Dodge is not. (Drakanous)

- Consume: Does not work, applies no death effects. No save & damage either. (Drakanous)

- Shadow Walk appears to be removed on use. (FooWonk)

- Tumble breaks stealth when Shadow Dancer II is active. (FooWonk)

- Shadowdancer IV profane doublestrike is granted to non-finesse main hand weapon when a finesse weapon equipped in off-hand. (FooWonk)

- Executioner's strike save or damage effect is immediately removed on use. (FooWonk)

- Dark Elusion doesn't work with unarmed. (vbyahoo)

- Shrouding Strike doesn't give charges while unarmed. (vbyahoo)

- "Shadowdancer's Shadow Manipulation (copy of dominate) not work on monsters immune to dominate even they are solid creatures like spiders, constructs solid undead of which shadows should allow puppeteering as the description states." (Syrophir)

- Shadow Lance: On all ranks the skill only shoots 1 lance at the target when it should be 3 lances. (Kaiserkreuz)

Grandmaster of Flowers:

- Perfection of Soul does not provide +6 reflex or no-fail on a 1. Tested for a while on bear traps in forest. Sheet and dice both showed 33 before and after. Saved vs trap on 33+2, failed on 33+1, bumped my reflex to 36 and had the same results.

- Perfection of Mind/Body provide the +6 will/fort, testing needs to be done on the save effect.

- Everything is Nothing: Does not work properly on occasion when will save is made, causing monsters to go invulnerable and take no damage after returning from banishment. (heneli627)

- A Dance of Flowers does not boost the damage of bows, even if you are centered while using one. (MrCow)

- Perfect Balance shows up separately for each level purchased. (FooWonk)

- Lv 0 innate grants monk-like unarmed fighting to the user, and the higher attack speed seems to be working fine compared to my monk. ToD ring Bursts are also applied correctly. But the monk-fighting animation is only shown to the user, not for party mates. (arroyo)

- Everytime I go 'uncentered' with GMF, my Fortification drops to 0%. Re-equip Fort item to fix it. (arroyo)

- Serenity's +3 SR/rank is not stacking with Drow's racial SR. Confimed in PvP. (arroyo)

- If you are in form as a PM while in the grandmaster of flowers tree, going out of or into centered status leaves you in form in most ways but strips the ability to heal with negative energy. At the same time still letting your own negative energy spells effect you. (Rawel San)

Legendary Dreadnought:

- Sundering Swings does not apply to unarmed attacks. (MrCow)

- Level 0 Innate 'Unstoppable' is supposed to work while helpless, but it isn't working when I'm CC'd by enemy casters. Seems like Unmovable and Thick Skinned (Lv3 and Lv4 Innates) don't work either while helpless. Needs further testing. (arroyo) UPDATE: "Unstoppable only works when you're 'held', not helpless in general. So ineffective if danced, tripped, stunned, dazed."

- Master's Blitz: After triggering it and killing enemies, it is supposed to go down by one point if you don't kill something in 15 seconds (as per description). Right now it completely turns off after 15 seconds without a kill. (xveganrox) Refuted, for the moment. More discussion on this please?

- Master's Blitz has an incorrect duration of 10 seconds instead of 15 like the description says. The timer freezes on the hotbar whenever it hits 0:00, so you can't quickly see how much time or how many stacks you have left (examine window can still tell you though). The dodge bonus is incorrectly capped by whatever armor you're wearing; it should be adding +50% dodge like Uncanny Dodge does. (Wraith Sarevok)

- Combat Brute is partially broken. Testing shows that the +1[W] damage seems to be working, but you don't get +50% damage against helpless opponents while an action boost is active. (Wraith Sarevok)

- Momentum Swing is broken for Half-Orcs. The character makes three short swings and then their attack is disabled for 2 seconds. Damage is only sometimes dealt. (Wraith Sarevok)

- Master's Blitz: See this post for multiple issues with the ability. (maddmatt70)

Fatesinger:

- Masked Ball activates without any points present in the ability. (Shadospawn)

- Reign does not work with unarmed or ranged attacks. (BananaHat)

- "The resonance (can't remember the name, the 3rd passive that builds up sonic vulnerability) does not appear to work with ranged weapons either." (BananaHat)

- When taking the 2nd rank of Masked ball and you play dirge, the description in your buff bar is still the one of the rank 1. It's missing the 1d6 Sneak attack die. Don't know if it's just a visual bug or not. (Tid12)

- "When I sing, I get counters for Inspire Courage, O Fortuna and Tailwind. However, despite the description for O Fortuna and Tailwind stating "You and your friends", I only see Inspire Courage on fellow party members." (LittleTinSoldier)

Exalted Angel:

- Avenging Light SLA dmg is cut down by half after 14.1 patch. (Udalric)

- Judgement: Harms nearby friendly palemasters upon detonating. We killed our PM inadvertently with a 1500 damage hit yesterday. Oops.

- Astral Vibrance not working as detailed here. (Goobermans)

- The additional caster levels that are supposed to be granted from this ED's levels are not being granted. No extra spell pen, no additional damage dice, and buffs are not lasting longer. (Fefnir 2011)

- Sometimes, usually after spending an AP in your Epic Destiny, your extra SP gained from EA stops applying. I spent an AP and watched my spells points drop from 2.4k to 2.1k. The only surefire way I've found to fix this is to take off all my gear and restart my client, or reset my Destiny Tree. (Fefnir 2011)

- Leap of faith: Non-recharging, just like all the favored souls. (SgtHart)

- Exalted Angel's Celestial Destiny ability is not granting +1/ED level to the caster level of Favored Soul spells. (andepans)

- "Divine wrath does nothing, Reborn in light only heals, even while dead, but doesn't do anything else. The stack for it resets when you go through loading zones within quest. It may add incorporeality, Doesn't add 100 light damage, doesn't reduce any spell cost, doesn't reduce cooldowns. Also the stacks of righteous fervor/endless ardor sometimes get stuck, in which case the stacks for the epic moment wont accumulate. The fervor/ardor stacks will go back to norm after not casting light/heal spells for a little bit." (Panacide.)

- Strike Down unusable, gives "failed action" warning even with 10 stacks of Righteous Fervor. (deathblaze)

- Blood and Radiance. Righteous Fervor and Endless Ardor reduce spell power in light and positive instead of increasing it (on the first rank at least). (Siro)

- Wings don't work in animal form. (Nachomammashouse)

Unyielding Sentinel:

- Vigor of Battle Stance: Heal amp does not work. Needs further testing. (Rizzia)

- Spending AP on new abilities removes all granted abilities from hot bars. (HighPrior)

- Smite Evils granted by Fanaticism do not recharge. (possibly only on a non-paladin, without Endless Smiting) (HighPrior)

- "When I spend AP in the US tree while questing, I immediately recharge all non-item per-rest abilities I have--Smite Evil, Turn Undead, Lay On Hands, Human Versatility..." (sephiroth1084)

- "Undying vanguard demands I rest to use it, regardless of if I have the stack or not., rendering it useless." (SgtHart)

- Legendary Shield Mastery: Lost when resting or transitioning areas and does not reapply without a shield swap. (SgtHart)

- Fanaticism does not regenerate your smites if you are not a paladin. (DarkForte)

- +5 natural armor bonus from Unbreakable isn't correctly applied and/or displayed in the character sheet. It shows up after switching from another destiny, but then disappears after resting or relogging. (VveX)

Shiradi Champion:

- Wild Shots - You are not facing xxx message occurs when soft targetting. (BOgre)

- If Twisting Healing Spring and Illusion of Well Being, Illusion of Well Being does not grant an extra usage of Healing Spring. (MadCow)

- Healing spring, T3: 1d100 each 20 second for 5 mins. The description in the buff bar still states that you healed every 30 seconds. However, it's just a visual bug as you get healed every 20 sec as per description in the Epic tree. The T2 and T1 descrption are also wrong but working correctly. (Tid12)

- Stay Good: Once ranked to 3, the light damage proc stops working. (figurehead)

- Shiradi healing spring is overwriting Virtuoso Sustaining Song. (Shadospawn)

- Pin: See this post for further details on Pin-related issues. (BOgre)

- Offensive spells dont seem to get fey favor. It says 7% and not seen any fey favor yet. Further testing needed. (Rizzia)

- One of the Double Rainbow procs can hurt friendly Palemasters. May be sunburst. (BananaHat)

- "Pin and Otto's Whistler: these trigger an "attack" but with an unloaded crossbow an attack will reload. This means that the ability does nothing (reload, not attack) and goes on cool down. Also means that they can be hard to use when auto attacking/holding down mouse button (at least for me). (Same thing also happens with deepwood sniper's sniper shot.)" (SillyWallaby)

Fury of the Wild:

- Tunnel Vision does not apply to unarmed attacks, even though it states your melee attacks will deal extra damage (unlike other abilities that explicitly state only "melee weapon attacks"). (MrCow)

- Rank 3 Primal Scream's buff reads +3 Con and Str, though it properly applies +5 in the character sheet.

- Effects from Injury (Shaken, Bleed damage, Paralysis) do not work with unarmed attacks. (MrCow)

Twist-related Bugs:

- "The spell penetration from the Magister and the Draconic trees seem to stack weirdly (if twisted in). It looks as though you only get 1 spell pen when you have a rank 3 spell pen twisted in. Would love if more people could test this as spell pen is notoriously easy to compute incorrectly." (Rawel San)
    Last edited by Xinrok; 07-22-2012 at 08:03 AM.
    | Byakuren Hijiri, 23/5 Monk, Life #2 | Tsurupettan, 20 Artificer |

Community Member

You left out the Bug where clerics, one of the core classes of DnD since its inception, do not have their own ED.

_
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

Community Member

Default ShadowDancer - Consume doesn't work at all :(

Consume (min level: 20 - Prereq: Shadow manipulation) (1 ranks - 2 AP): (Active Cooldown: 2min) Spend a Shadow Charge to crate a field around you for 10 seconds. Every 2 seconds the aura causes one nearby corporal enemy to be devoured by its own shadow and die (save negates), or take 80-120 damage. You are free to perform other action while the aura is active.

BUT, it did NOTHING, completely broken

You can see Consume buff on your buff bar
    but, You can't consume anything, even the bird & squirrel at king's forest
    It doesn't have even save & damage, just nothing
    And it lasts just 8 sec, not 10 sec
    Last edited by Drakanous; 06-30-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinrok View Post
    Grandmaster of Flowers:

- Perfection of Soul does not provide +6 reflex or no-fail on a 1. Tested for a while on bear traps in forest. Sheet and dice both showed 33 before and after. Saved vs trap on 33+2, failed on 33+1, bumped my reflex to 36 and had the same results.

- Perfection of Mind/Body may not work as well given the above.
    Confirming that Perfection of Soul does not display or provide the Reflex save bonus.

Perfection of Mind and Perfection of Body are both displaying properly on the character, but unable to test if they are applying correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

reportedly, energy vortex (for draconic incarnation) is killing pale masters. have not personally tested however.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaid314 View Post
    reportedly, energy vortex (for draconic incarnation) is killing pale masters. have not personally tested however.
    Added to OP, had this confirmed by a guildmate who died to it.
    | Byakuren Hijiri, 23/5 Monk, Life #2 | Tsurupettan, 20 Artificer |

Community Member

Fatesinger: Inspire Excellence Strength inspired Garos.

Not sure if it works on other bosses.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post

AFAIK this is a bug with Garos. He's treated as friendly (and buffable) while the dialogue happens in there.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    AFAIK this is a bug with Garos. He's treated as friendly (and buffable) while the dialogue happens in there.
    Cool - didn't know. Thanks for the info.
    Server: Thelanis
    Guild: Fallen Immortals
    Toons: Soza, Sozz, Sozza, Sossa (bards)

kormor's belt anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post
    Draconic Incarnation
    Dragon Spell Knowledge or Secondary Spell Specialty does not increase the caster level of Energy Sheath, Go Out With a Bang, Energy Burst, or Energy Vortex of a matching element, even though similar effects such as a Sorcerer's Elemental Savant does.
    weird. we were told it was supposed to be based entirely on character level, and that they hadn't yet figured out how to make it take the best of character level or caster level. is it possible your character level just happens to match your caster level somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoDaClown View Post

I concur, we always buff away from Garos before the fight. AoE buffs do land on him. With a song, it might be even tougher as the AoE is larger than a haste for example IIRC. Depending on the length of song buff, may want to try to play it after the shrine and on the roof before dropping down.

Community Member

Grandmaster of Flowers - A Dance of Flowers - doesnt work on ranged even if you are centered with your bow.

Legendary Dreadnaught

Level 0 Innate 'Unstoppable' is supposed to work while helpless, but it isn't working when I'm CC'd by enemy casters. Seems like Unmovable and Thick Skinned (Lv3 and Lv4 Innates) don't work either while helpless, need to test it a bit more on those two.
    Sarlona: Sagarana (Drow Roguenought) / ~Katrynna~ (Human Assassin) / ~Jcuervo~ (HElf Emerald) / ~Jwalkers~ (Human PM)

Quote Originally Posted by arroyo View Post
    Legendary Dreadnaught

Level 0 Innate 'Unstoppable' is supposed to work while helpless, but it isn't working when I'm CC'd by enemy casters. Seems like Unmovable and Thick Skinned (Lv3 and Lv4 Innates) don't work either while helpless, need to test it a bit more on those two.
    Ok, after testing on higher level quests I figured it a bit better. It's more of a poor description than a bug: Unstoppable only works when you're 'held', not helpless in general. So ineffective if danced, tripped, stunned, dazed. Still need to check Flesh to Stone, but I'm guessing it won't work either.
    Sarlona: Sagarana (Drow Roguenought) / ~Katrynna~ (Human Assassin) / ~Jcuervo~ (HElf Emerald) / ~Jwalkers~ (Human PM)

Community Member

Draconic incarnation: dragon spell knowledge (cold) does not appear to work. My cold resist was casting at level 31 before and after taking the enhancement.

Fury of the Wild
    Tunnel Vision does not apply to unarmed attacks, even though it states your melee attacks will deal extra damage (unlike other abilities that explicitly state only "melee weapon attacks").

Legendary Dreadnought
    Sundering Swings does not apply to unarmed attacks.

Grandmaster of Flowers
    A Dance of Flowers does not boost the damage of bows, even if you are centered while using one.
    Server - Thelanis
    Diaries of a True Reincarnate (Wizard, Sorcerer, Melee, Divine, Artificer, Druid)

Quote Originally Posted by MrCow View Post

Legendary Dreadnought
    Sundering Swings does not apply to unarmed attacks.

silly me, like a noob I was gonna take that on my monk without safely assuming it wouldn't work.....
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

Default Exalted Angel - wings don't work in animal form

Exalted Angel - wings don't work in animal form. Is this working as intended? We seriously need flying bears up in here =D

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Default Summer Smoke

I don't know if this has already been said or not but,

As a monk, anytime an ally has summer smoke, most of my on hit procs are nullified and i'm left doing only base damage and summer smoke procs.

I usually ask people not to have this ability active but someone usually has it in a raid.
    Instead of complaining that there are no healers, go roll one...

Unyielding Sentinel

vigor of battle stance: + heal amp doesnt work. (if it does for some then it doesnt stack with 2 paladin pls)

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast