Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well my main is fighter with all the toys and tools available and my barbarian will have this ability unlocked tonight. It's current implementation is moronic and obviously bugged, I'd be willing to go as far as calling it exploitable. I can spam trip, sunder, stun and cleave at nothing to gain a charge which holds through instances... it feels so utterly cheap and it's cheating the game mechanics. Yeah, it's great fun once you activate and lay waste but it needs to be fixed. You should actually have to do something to activate your epic moment, in it's current state they could just as well give you a charge every two minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    This is the very definition of cheese and quite frankly one bugged out moment. First, randomly spamming sunders, trips etc. at the air in order to charge the Master's
    Blitz if it is Working as Intended should not be.

[...]

Fourth, great beta testing. I do not recall ever seeing the first two points mentioned by the beta testers. Yeah for self interest.
    I've asked that question early in beta. More precisely, I've requested a clarification of the masterblitz's description: "whenever a tactical feat is successfully used". Whether this means that the tactical feat must actually succeed, or does successfully mean, that we have physically successfully stretched a finger to the hotkey.
    A developer promptly confirmed, that it means the latter.

I've also seen reports of outside-quest charging, but since 50 charges means ~5 minutes of dull button mashing for anyone who doesn't have 4 highly spammable tactical feats (=/= trip & sunder & hamstring), I didn't think much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTheHoon View Post
    I've asked that question early in beta. More precisely, I've requested a clarification of the masterblitz's description: "whenever a tactical feat is successfully used". Whether this means that the tactical feat must actually succeed, or does successfully mean, that we have physically successfully stretched a finger to the hotkey.
    A developer promptly confirmed, that it means the latter.

I've also seen reports of outside-quest charging, but since 50 charges means ~5 minutes of dull button mashing for anyone who doesn't have 4 highly spammable tactical feats (=/= trip & sunder & hamstring), I didn't think much of it.
    Cheers then for reporting it. One of the big problems of this is I foresee all melee other then tanks becoming Legendary Dreadnaught and no I am not kidding it really is that strong. If I had a rogue, a twf ranger, a barbarian, a monk, a paladin and on and on I would. Turbine will eventually get around to fixing or changing this and then people will cry because it will take them 1-2 years to get around to changing it and everybody has gotten so used to it. Better to change things up front I can tell you that after having played this game 6 years. The only example I can point to Turbine getting at a nerf quickly was the radiant servant nerf after 1 month that one came out. Radiant Servant used to have a super over powered aura and they fixed that quick.

The second aspect of this is dull button mashing/cheese which is not fun game play.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Cheers then for reporting it. One of the big problems of this is I foresee all melee other then tanks becoming Legendary Dreadnaught and no I am not kidding it really is that strong. If I had a rogue, a twf ranger, a barbarian, a monk, a paladin and on and on I would. Turbine will eventually get around to fixing or changing this and then people will cry because it will take them 1-2 years to get around to changing it and everybody has gotten so used to it. Better to change things up front I can tell you that after having played this game 6 years. The only example I can point to Turbine getting at a nerf quickly was the radiant servant nerf after 1 month that one came out. Radiant Servant used to have a super over powered aura and they fixed that quick.

The second aspect of this is dull button mashing/cheese which is not fun game play.
    Do you even look at the other Legendary Dreadnought enhancements?

It's the best DPS melee ED in the game other than Fury. Some even say that Fury is meant for burst damage while Dreadnought works better for sustained damage. Of course everyone's going to take it and not because of Master's Blitz. Frenzied Berserker gets the most potential out of Master's Blitz anyway because of their extra x3 critical damage multiplier on 19-20 rolls. They can kill things faster than other classes and more reliably charge the moment buff.

I've already seen 3 other Legendary Dreadnought's in the ToD pug I did last night... a monk, a fighter/rogue, and a barbarian. They were all rank 5 and none of them had Master's Blitz. I was the only one in the raid with that ability.

It's an EPIC MOMENT. It's extremely situational, very temporary, currently bugged up the wazoo, and requires a ton of skill, reflexes, and luck to even pull off. You've obviously never tried it in your life, have no idea how it works, and don't have any understanding behind the intended design. I'd expect this kind of talk from someone new to the game, but you!?
    Last edited by Wraith_Sarevok; 07-06-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Quote Originally Posted by Palantyr View Post
    You should actually have to do something to activate your epic moment, in it's current state they could just as well give you a charge every two minutes.
    5 miniutes.

And imo none of the ways you charge ANY of the epic moments are fun anyways. There all pretty arbitrary things, all of which result in you either only waiting out the cooldown (all melee ones) or just be impossible to get (magisters).

Given there ability to code such complex things is less then stellar, I wouldnt ask for any changes, it only going to get worse if you do. They need to fix the actual ability when its active before they go worrying about how it charges any further, it's at least functional atm.

And even if you dont spam tactics at the air, it STILL charges long before the cooldowns up, so its really silly to even complain about that. It's easy to charge, period, as all melee moments are. There no cheese to it, its just easy.

The most powerful one by far atm is Everything is nothing, thanks to its 3min cooldown, massive range and massive save DC. It will always result in a lot more of an impact then this one in anything actaully challenging. Though ofcourse it is bugged as well.

I should clarify again.

while I DO use the cheesy spam tactic to charge it initally, once it runs out in the middle of a fight I'd ACTUALLY use it in, I'm sunk. I can spam cleaves and trips and sunders and stuns all day (and I do in real combat) and get back to 50 ticks very quickly. but that 5 min cooldown keeps me from my juicy goodness.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Third, the moment does not act per its description instead of itteratively loses its damage increases it appears to go away completly after the second itteration down which is a bug obviously..
    Again, that is NOT a bug. That's you not understanding how Master's Blitz works.

I've been toying around with this ability recently and I've come to understand why the buff seems to randomly disappear. If you read the description, it specifically says that you must kill a WORTHY opponent within the 10 second time limit. So no, those CR 19 Frost Giants just ain't gonna cut it. But that CR 28 Aussiroth will get the job done. Basically anything that has a CR below your level won't charge the moment.

The reason why I bring this up now is because I've started to notice people bug reporting this feature of Master's Blitz, when it clearly matches the description and works perfectly.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12