Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Whatever you're looking for, XP, loot, commendations, etc, the kings forest is THE WORST PLACE TO GET IT.

For commendations, the easiest would be: deal & demon 1st chest (until ransacked) druid's deep casual end reward (4 heroic casual quests for 3 comms of any chosen type).

Default jaytrons comm. tips

Actually I have had good luck in Kings Forest sometimes leaving with 6 total comms at end of run. The trick is make your route with the map open. An encounter may not show up on screen when close but will show up on map. Like most people said I run to Millers then down the west side of the map til you cross the river and if no green dragons rares are at either spot I recall. I get usually 2 to 3 encounters a run......sometimes more sometimes none.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Whatever you're looking for, XP, loot, commendations, etc, the kings forest is THE WORST PLACE TO GET IT.

For commendations, the easiest would be: deal & demon 1st chest (until ransacked) druid's deep casual end reward (4 heroic casual quests for 3 comms of any chosen type).
    Yep. If you can get 5 friends to help, Deal & Demon is 48 random comms in about 30 mins. Too bad they're taking the chest away in U17.

If you want to run slayers for comms, High Road is much faster and you can run a +2 gem for +4 tomes while you're at it.
    Last edited by cdr; 02-08-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    So what is it??? I have now run around the kings forest for close to 10 hours and I have 3 commendations, only one of which I care about. Since I want the whole purple dragon set, I figure it will take me.... around 300 hours of running around an explorer zone. That is a ridiculous length of time and I will be maxed out on my epic destiny and at level 25 long before I can get the loot I'm looking for.

So what am I doing wrong? There has got to be a better way to get commendations.

Do the random encounters always spawn in the same places? So I could run a normal route through the forest to check for them?
    Do the U15 and U16 harper chain on casual. Each chain end reward has 3 accomendations (of all kinds). It's the quickest way of getting the specific accomendation you want.

Community Member

Wink

Farm the demonweb for comm's- Trial by Fury has 4 optionals close to the front, takes about 5-10 min to do on EH on a sorc, and you'll come out with ~2-3 comm's a run if you can knock opt 3's chest (the spider). Then, ransack the Deal with the Demon's first chest on EE, can be done in 20 min, gives about 5-8 comms. I took an hour on my sorc last night to get the comms for his greenscale, and got around 20 comms in that time.
    Proud Member of Captains Crew on Ghallanda

Schlaffer, FVS Healer; Schlaffen, Illusion Archmage CC; Schlaffy, Ice Savant; Daelamar, Light Monk

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Yep. If you can get 5 friends to help, Deal & Demon is 48 random comms in about 30 mins. Too bad they're taking the chest away in U17.
    I have to agree with Turbine on this: that chest is downright embarrassing. I have only one epic toon (bard 23 Sensate), and with a fighter hireling he can solo this chest on EE. Not easily -- requires some careful play, hireling usually dies, and Sensate died couple times, -- but still, five minute chest on EE solo should not be possible!

Good thing Sensate has no use for most Commendation rewards. He already got Purple Dragon Helm and Lenses of the Woodsman, and however much I wracked my brains every other reward is either useless, or takes place of something worth to him more than the reward. So I need not ransack Deal and the Demon chest
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    I have to agree with Turbine on this: that chest is downright embarrassing. I have only one epic toon (bard 23 Sensate), and with a fighter hireling he can solo this chest on EE. Not easily -- requires some careful play, hireling usually dies, and Sensate died couple times, -- but still, five minute chest on EE solo should not be possible!
    You don't have to kill the spiders. Just run past them and quickly loot the chest, then jump off the side or Dimension Door away. It's more of a 30 second chest than a 5 minute chest.

Community Member

Yep, thats a 15 min farm to ransack ^^

And other uses for comms- pots?? I always want more comms! 2 min haste/ 20 min GH/ 20 min Deathward/ SP Regen/ HP regen/ Restoration pots- who WOULDNT want more of these??? Great for when grouping with casters who wont haste, soloing, or EE CitW when SP isnt for buffing ^^
    Proud Member of Captains Crew on Ghallanda

Schlaffer, FVS Healer; Schlaffen, Illusion Archmage CC; Schlaffy, Ice Savant; Daelamar, Light Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    So what is it??? I have now run around the kings forest for close to 10 hours and I have 3 commendations, only one of which I care about. Since I want the whole purple dragon set, I figure it will take me.... around 300 hours of running around an explorer zone. That is a ridiculous length of time and I will be maxed out on my epic destiny and at level 25 long before I can get the loot I'm looking for.

So what am I doing wrong? There has got to be a better way to get commendations.

Do the random encounters always spawn in the same places? So I could run a normal route through the forest to check for them?
    Run the druid's deep quest series- it's the end reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Stkestrel View Post
    Run the druid's deep quest series- it's the end reward.

Name: Create Undead
    School: Necromancy (Evil)
    Level: Clr 6, FvS 6, Sor/Wiz 6
    Spell Point Cost: 35
    Components: Material, Somatic, Verbal (Black Onyx)
    Metamagic: Quicken
    Range: 60 ft.
    Target: Self, Positional
    Duration: 10 minutes
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No

Description:
    This evil spell allows you to create one of four types of undead: a wight priest, a dread wraith, a mummy lord, or reanimated thread. Created undead are automatically under the control of their creator. They are subject to the same restrictions as summons conjured by summoning spells.
    All summons are CR 12. Summons use the following spells:
    Wight Priest - Prayer, True Seeing, Cometfall, Flame Strike
    Dread Wraith - Wraith's Lingering Touch
    Mummy Lord - Protection from Fire, Spell Resistance, Mummy despair, Soundburst, Cometfall
    Reanimated Thread- Greater Embarass Poster (only on its controller), Summon Forum Moderator IV
    Last edited by Vellrad; 03-15-2015 at 10:55 AM.

2015 DDO Players Council Seikojin's Avatar

Sorry that you are having a hard time getting comms OP. I would recommend posting LFM's and duo quests to farm them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seikojin View Post
    Sorry that you are having a hard time getting comms OP. I would recommend posting LFM's and duo quests to farm them.
    I'm sure in 2.5 years OP either managed to get comms and learned how to farm them rapidly, or no longer cares.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123