Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52
  1. #21
    Community Member Shadowrth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Forgotten Realms
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superspeed_Hi5 View Post
    They want you to trade in the ones you dont want for things like lasting haste potions and hearty apple cider.
    Right... because me TR 5 times to finally get the commendations i need is how long it will take mean while i got 100's of potions coming out of every orifice.

    Edit: alright I have officially wasted 15 hours of my life hunting for a wizard commendation and doing quests and have YET to get a named item or any of these wizard commendations that supposedly exist. Uhh my head hurts I'm getting oldschool skiver flashbacks
    Last edited by Shadowrth; 06-29-2012 at 07:32 PM.

  2. #22
    Founder AnubisPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    556

    Default

    <*tongue in cheek rant--steam-blower-offer*>

    ... my solution would be to NOT group with people who, say, are told NOT to be seen by the Priestess because she kills the prisoners, and they proceed run up to her and start fighting her anyway. It doesn't matter that her health bar doesn't go down at all. They keep swinging and dying in the traps and the prisoners keep dying.

    When you type something to those people like "STOP!" "SNEAK" "HIDE" "RETURN TO THE FIRST ROOM" they don't answer.

    When you tell them in voice chat, all you hear in return is some muffled "Farrn-harn-nnnoomoo-knooooo".

    What I did was recall, leave the group and found another group that had working eyes and ears.

    ...and then the commendations started rolling in.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnubisPrime View Post
    When you tell them in voice chat, all you hear in return is some muffled "Farrn-harn-nnnoomoo-knooooo".
    Stop grouping with Dretches.

  4. #24
    Community Member Oficinaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    The U15 chain is very easy and, as a chain end rewards, gives you 3 commendations of your choice. Run it on casual as many times as you want and get your rewards! Hope this helps you.

  5. #25
    Community Member mmitch5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Hello,
    Been farming king forest for many hours too and I had some cessions with almost 0 encounters at all
    Even going everywhere in the forest.. yes true !

    Then getting back to village and coming back after a couple of minutes and having rares every 5 minutes all over the map
    I think they have to fix some problems with this particular areas , seems that it 's not fully stable !
    But anyway , it is for me by far one of the best wilderness aventures areas I have been through

    When all will be fixed and all rares coming out in a normal rate it 's gonna be great really
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

  6. #26
    Founder & Hero Vordax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    Hello,
    Been farming king forest for many hours too and I had some cessions with almost 0 encounters at all
    Even going everywhere in the forest.. yes true !

    Then getting back to village and coming back after a couple of minutes and having rares every 5 minutes all over the map
    I think they have to fix some problems with this particular areas , seems that it 's not fully stable !
    But anyway , it is for me by far one of the best wilderness aventures areas I have been through

    When all will be fixed and all rares coming out in a normal rate it 's gonna be great really
    All my characters are currently overflowing with unused commendations, doesn't take too long questing to get to this point. But initially on my not so well geared characters, I just went and did a quick 2 minute loop around the northern section of the forest. Usually found 1 or more encounters in that time. Then I would just leave the instance and reset it. Took an hour or so to get a couple cleric and PDK items for my cleric.

    Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

  7. #27
    The Hatchery samthedagger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Church of the Sovereign Host
    Posts
    1,836

    Default

    I ran Unquiet Graves about 10 times with my cleric, just enough to start getting ransack notice, and I got all the cleric commendations I wanted to get the Blessing of Amaunator set. UG has only ever dropped cleric commendations when I've run it. Some friends and guildies helped by passing me their commendations, so it is best to do this with a group. Then you run The Lost Thread which seems to only drop War Wizards commendations so the wizards and sorcerers get what they want. I think it might have dropped Purple Dragon Knights commendations once, but I have run it a bunch and WW is what I see all the time, so I may be mistaken about that. Then you run Impossible Demands so the monks get what they want (Villagers Commendations). Then you run Battle For Eveningstar which drops Purple Dragon Knights commendations so the tanks get what they want.

    I have yet to figure out the best way to farm druid commendations. But they seem fairly common in the forest. And one thing I have noticed is that random encounters seem to happen a lot more frequently when you are in a full group. Spread out into teams of three or two, depending on self-sufficiency, and tackle the random encounter spawn points. Your entire group will get the commendations and XP for defeating the encounter, even if they aren't nearby. Who really cares about the chests when you are farming commendations anyway? Half the random encounters don't even have chests. Plenty of guides online already have a map of the King's Forest and all the encounter areas. They are only semi-random. Some encounters only seem to occur in one place, dragons for example. If you need commendations associated with that encounter, check those spots first, then recall and reset if that is all you are running it for.

  8. #28
    Community Member HallowedOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    515

    Default

    PDK comms drop on Battle for Eveningstar and The Lost Thread
    Cleric drop from Unquiet Graves
    Villagers drop from Impossible Demands

    Druids... druids are random from chain 2 & 3 afaik.

    On forest, there seem to be specific area where some comms are more common than others. PDK's, for example, are more commonby its entrance.
    "When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken."
    Dak'kon.

  9. #29
    Founder Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oficinaman View Post
    The U15 chain is very easy and, as a chain end rewards, gives you 3 commendations of your choice. Run it on casual as many times as you want and get your rewards! Hope this helps you.
    Yes, this is by far the fastest way guarantee to get 3 x commendations of your choice.

    Just a note, the U15, Druid's Deep, is not a free adventure pack.
    (Main Server: Khyber)
    Harrivenger - Rogue 20 / Epic 4 / Shadowdancer 5 (Assassin Build)

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    For me, the most efficient way that I've found is farming the one chest in Deal and the Demon on epic elite and Shufarix's chest in Trial by fury. You will also be farming for the awesome chest pieces that drop there, so that's a nice bonus.
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

  11. #31
    Death's Dominator Eth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    For me, the most efficient way that I've found is farming the one chest in Deal and the Demon on epic elite and Shufarix's chest in Trial by fury. You will also be farming for the awesome chest pieces that drop there, so that's a nice bonus.
    This. The EE chest will give you a commendation everytime for the first 8 or 9 runs. If you may do this with some friends that will give you their commendations, you'll have your piece in no time.
    Remember that you can trade any 3 commendations of one kind for any one you want.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

  12. #32

    Default

    I farmed out 25 Villagers commendations in about 2 Hours (with breaks, selling & repairing, ship buffing etc) by:

    1. Do the Impossible Demands quest using Stealth/Invis where needed
    2. Complete quest, with Optional
    3. Invite 5 guildies
    4. Loot 4-5 commendations as Guildies pass em over

    I also did something similar for PDK Commendations (needed 40!) by re-running Battle for Eveningstar with 5 guildies all willing to give over there PDK commendations from either chest.

    Lastly, as already mentioned, just zerg run the U15 chain for 3 guaranteed commendations from the chain end reward.

    Edit: Don't forget there is also the trade-in now, so you can swap 3 Faction Commendations for a single Commendation of another Faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

  13. #33
    Community Member grayham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,119

    Default

    Check the DDO wiki for advice about getting to the 1st chest in "deal and the demon". This is the quickest way to get commendations, believe me.

  14. #34
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnubisPrime View Post
    <*tongue in cheek rant--steam-blower-offer*>

    ... my solution would be to NOT group with people who, say, are told NOT to be seen by the Priestess because she kills the prisoners, and they proceed run up to her and start fighting her anyway. It doesn't matter that her health bar doesn't go down at all. They keep swinging and dying in the traps and the prisoners keep dying.

    When you type something to those people like "STOP!" "SNEAK" "HIDE" "RETURN TO THE FIRST ROOM" they don't answer.

    When you tell them in voice chat, all you hear in return is some muffled "Farrn-harn-nnnoomoo-knooooo".

    What I did was recall, leave the group and found another group that had working eyes and ears.

    ...and then the commendations started rolling in.

    No I was NOT the voice chatter to whom you alluded, BUT... It was the "return to the first room" trick I didn't know - I must have run that quest half a dozen times without success solo because I'd try to hide, sneak, run around a corner, etc. She could spot me every time. I went back and reviewed the stealth guide to make sure I was doing it right. Yah, no.

    I partied up on an LFM, and once the party leader told us to run back to the shrines in the first room and simply defend against the stragglers a minute, I was stunned to see the priestess turn around and walk off. I was hit by the user error bug, apparently.

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayham View Post
    Check the DDO wiki for advice about getting to the 1st chest in "deal and the demon". This is the quickest way to get commendations, believe me.
    That is clearly the best way... you can also farm easy chests in other quest (matrons in schindiski quests), of "stuff of fire" in demon's web....
    It gives fast commendation (especially now that quests can be reset), plus you may have nice loot... that's a lot more than walking around in forest area...

  16. #36
    Community Member jbleargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Run the quests... eventually you will get what you want.

    As they are useless after you get your set and 2 or 3 other things, chances are that someone in the group will pass then to you.

    I noticed that most people doing the second Motu (drow city with name i can't spell) chain already have their commendation stuff done so it is a good place to "beg".

    If you are in a hurry, do the new Harper's quests... End reward is 3 commendations of your choice.

  17. #37
    Community Member gphysalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oficinaman View Post
    The U15 chain is very easy and, as a chain end rewards, gives you 3 commendations of your choice. Run it on casual as many times as you want and get your rewards! Hope this helps you.
    This
    It gives you comms for the end reward, so you can farm it on Heroic casual.
    It won't give you any xp though if you do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the right spot at the right time.
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HallowedOne View Post
    PDK comms drop on Battle for Eveningstar and The Lost Thread
    Cleric drop from Unquiet Graves
    Villagers drop from Impossible Demands

    Druids... druids are random from chain 2 & 3 afaik.

    On forest, there seem to be specific area where some comms are more common than others. PDK's, for example, are more commonby its entrance.


    War Wizard are in "The Lost Thread"
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

  19. #39
    Community Member jbleargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grayham View Post
    Check the DDO wiki for advice about getting to the 1st chest in "deal and the demon". This is the quickest way to get commendations, believe me.
    The deal and de demon one will change after U17... so the time do it is now

    I also got tons of commendations at the Seal of Dun'robar chest.

  20. #40
    Community Member fco-karatekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Since this topic first got started, commendations appear to drop more frequently, but the character I am running now has been building up commendations much faster than te one I was running then.

    The only thing I did significantly differently was NOT farming or sticking around in the first set of eveningstar quests so much. I jumped up to the demonweb explorer and quests more quickly this time, and it seems to have significantly increased the number of commendations I have now.

    I've run the (P2P) druid chain twice, but didn't take the commendations for those completions; so I think you're better off casually doing you SRE in King's Forest, run the Eveningstar quests just for the chain advancement, and moving up to the next chain.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload