Community Member

Default You now fight with the unarmed combat style of a monk...

I remember seeing recently an ability that states "You now fight with the unarmed combat style of a monk though your damage does not increase" Or something similar, anybody know what this is?

Community Member

I think it was Grandmaster of Flower ED - Improved martial arts or Hail of Blows. I'm pretty sure it was t2. It got changed in beta.
    edit: actually it may have been Improved Flurry of Blows

Community Member

Ah, so it's been removed? Shame, between this and shadow dancer, I kind of expected monk splashes to go away.

Community Member

Dangit! Any way we can convince the devs to bring it back? Or put in a feat or epic feat that allows non-monks to fight like monks? I've been looking for a way to get a barbarian to fight unarmed ever since I unlocked the monk class.

If I remember correctly from the beta discussions, it was pulled due to bugs, and the devs indicated they intended to add it back when it was working properly.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

noooooo! i was lookin forward to that one!

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

I think I rememeber seeing a dev statement that this was fixed in some build at least already, but I might be wrong there.

did anybody try to upgrade grandmaster of flowers a bit to see if it maybe is there when you spend more points on an ability? In other trees, quite a few abilities have secondary effects on their highest upgrade level, and you don't see them before. (unearthly reflexes 3 makes you able to dodge through mobs, the draconic incarnation fear dc boost makes you immune to fear etc.)

Here's a quote from Feather:
    ---------------------------------
    Grandmaster of Flowers granting the monk unarmed combat animations to non-monks will likely make it back in (and work this time), pending our Quality Assurance team determining that it does not cause the multiverse to implode.

This will be granted by two sources:

1: The first automatic granted enhancement in Grandmaster of Flowers.

2: "Hail of Blows"- a way for the unarmed combat animations to be gotten via Twist of Fate for people who want it, but do not use Grandmaster of Flowers as their active destiny.
    ------------------------------------
    But I couldn't find anything confirming that it did make it into a build.

The very first passive you get as Grandmaster of Flowers is Inner Focus which states.

Ofcourse, this doesn't mean it actually works.
    Devourer ate my characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxson View Post
    Ah, so it's been removed? Shame, between this and shadow dancer, I kind of expected monk splashes to go away.
    They still get the free feats and evasion, so doubt it..

I'm curious though on a slightly related subject.. If you level as pure something to 20 can you splash there and gain the 2 free feats? As far as I understand you get epic feats the same way on all classes, but couldn't find anything about the autogranted ones.

Default "it works!!!!"

Saw this old thread last week....couldn't find any new info/threads about it - So I did some research on my own.....

For anyone else curious, or wondering...I can confirm the GMOF innate ability "Inner Focus" is working: Level 20 Ravager Barbarian now fighting unarmed - monk style!!! Granted d3 damage die is underwhelming, and no monk stances --- but, Power Attack, GTWF, enhancements, wraps, loot and crafting make character creation / toon building alot more interesting & fun (*for me, at least) going forward!

Riddle Solved!!!!...Next up? How to Twist / make usable when in different active Epic Destiny?! Anyone know? Can someone find out?!!!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurunewyz View Post
    Saw this old thread last week....couldn't find any new info/threads about it - So I did some research on my own.....

For anyone else curious, or wondering...I can confirm the GMOF innate ability "Inner Focus" is working: Level 20 Ravager Barbarian now fighting unarmed - monk style!!! Granted d3 damage die is underwhelming, and no monk stances --- but, Power Attack, GTWF, enhancements, wraps, loot and crafting make character creation / toon building alot more interesting & fun (*for me, at least) going forward!

Riddle Solved!!!!...Next up? How to Twist / make usable when in different active Epic Destiny?! Anyone know? Can someone find out?!!!

Thanks!
    At the moment it is not possible to twist in an innate ED ability. I was disappointed as I wanted to take advantage of FvS wings on my rogue in another destiny. XD
    Orien: ~Erofen (28 Assassin Rogue) ~Erostorage (16 PM Wizard) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (24 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o