Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Default Paralyzing toggle debuffing?

The Arcane Archer now has a paralyzing arrow toggle (nice)

However; the effect seems to keep debuffing (running in epic gianthold)

On the action bar it still appears to be on in that the little line is still circling the icon, however the effect disappears and if u examine yourself (via the Z function you pervs) you will see that the paralyzing icon is no longer active until you un toggle and re toggle....

Are monsters who save taking the effect off you as well?

can any other archers confirm?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    The Arcane Archer now has a paralyzing arrow toggle (nice)

However; the effect seems to keep debuffing (running in epic gianthold)

On the action bar it still appears to be on in that the little line is still circling the icon, however the effect disappears and if u examine yourself (via the Z function you pervs) you will see that the paralyzing icon is no longer active until you un toggle and re toggle....

Are monsters who save taking the effect off you as well?

can any other archers confirm?

thanks
    Since i like talkign to myself...

note: another epic level ranger was having the same troubles, but the same player had lower level heroic rangers that were not having this trouble. So i thought it might be something to do with epic.

The debuff happened while standing there without attacking mobs. i entered, buffed and watched the icons and gone in 30 seconds,. so nto a monster effect. it looked like a 30 second timer....

so i jsut went back to playing, checking the effect and trying to figure out what was happening (all this while fighting dragons and giants by the way).

In any case: it then seemed to work as expected. it persisted through deaths , through recalls and through shrines.... It also started working for my friend who was running with me at the same time?

do bugs fix themselves?

I will keep myself updated as developments unfold!

Community Member

The debuff happened while standing there without attacking mobs. i entered, buffed and watched the icons and gone in 30 seconds,. so nto a monster effect. it looked like a 30 second timer....
    Moonbow: While wielding a bow, once every 30 seconds you gain 20 temporary spell points for 10 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Moonbow: While wielding a bow, once every 30 seconds you gain 20 temporary spell points for 10 seconds
    i ll go try toggling that off.

but

In the new quests and wilderness area the paralyzing arrows kept toggling off (about every 30 seconds....)

Do despite my second post about a positive exp... still not working.

sadness.

I noticed this same effect with the Venom Blade stance on the Assassin tree too. Flipping it off and back on seems to clear it up though, at least, I didn't notice it turning itself back off after doing so. It seems to me that I reported this bug on Lamma too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    I noticed this same effect with the Venom Blade stance on the Assassin tree too. Flipping it off and back on seems to clear it up though, at least, I didn't notice it turning itself back off after doing so. It seems to me that I reported this bug on Lamma too.
    two things. flipping it on and off isnt working for me. flipping it on, logging off and on has worked for some time, but i haven't tried it enough to make sure that that will always work...

I could live with the glitch if the developers are fixing it. BUT to know that it was reported in Beta.... i mean, what is the point of beta? kinda disappointing that it would be released knowingly broken

Community Member

two things. flipping it on and off isnt working for me. flipping it on, logging off and on has worked for some time, but i haven't tried it enough to make sure that that will always work...

I could live with the glitch if the developers are fixing it. BUT to know that it was reported in Beta.... i mean, what is the point of beta? kinda disappointing that it would be released knowingly broken
    I did some meticulous testing with my arcane archer for 4+ hours and I didn't have trouble with my imbues until I got the capstone Master of Imbuement however once I started toggling paralyzing, force, terror imbues the issue seemed to resolve itself. If even paralyzing is being removed from you, you should definitely bug report that your imbues are not remaining toggled on. But just to be sure... you're not trying to use paralyzing in conjunction with an elemental imbue are you? You can only have one primary and one secondary imbue toggled on at the same time. Elemental, Paralyzing, Banishing, Smiting, Terror and Force arrows are all primary imbues so your choice of just one. Metallic, Alligned, Morphic, and Shadow? arrows are a secondary imbue and you can only have just one of them on. With the capstone Master of Imbuement you might toggle paralyzing - and then - frost arrows for instance and the paralyzing will linger for 30 seconds but then should be properly removed as per the capstone description.

I have been investigating this issue in this thread with the hope of gathering information. You will find a bug report template with simple instructions on how to bug-report it. In my experience, it seems that Master of Imbuement is the chief culprit. I have tested out several builds with my half-elf bard arcane archer and I have found that if I do NOT select Master of Imbuement, my primary toggles stay on as long as I stay alive. If I select Master of Imbuement however, all hell breaks lose, so to speak. Elemental Arrows, Force Arrows, and Paralyzing Arrows are the primary ones I have had issues with, but those are also the ones which I use most often. I will also second the note that this only happens in private instances like quests and wilderness areas. As soon as you step in, a 30 second timer starts behind the scenes. Sometimes you have to attack before the timer starts. Either way, eventually your primary imbues will get dismissed.

Banishing Arrows and Smiting Arrows seem to somehow be resilient to this effect for reasons I cannot say. Usually they will remain on even with Master of Imbuement. So perhaps these two are coded differently. I cannot say much about Terror Arrows since I rarely use them. Anyway, if you would report your experiences in the thread I linked to above, then perhaps we can get some more data to make more precise bug reports.