Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Wink Solo Epic Normal ADQ2 - Zawabi's Revenge lvl 24 Melee brute-style

This is just for you guys...

Still think epic difficulties aren't broken? Well I present to you a soloed EN DQ2 using pure DPS on my Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 4 / Legendary Dreadnought 3.

Lailat should have carved me up like a roast and fed me to her gnolls, but nooo... I persevered.

First run was close, very close. Got her down to ~5% before she triple Cometfell me to death. I learned to put on my Kundarak Warding Boots, which made run #2 much quicker and easier. Granted this was still a tough fight. I was taking damage from the gnolls, Lailat, and her blades the entire time and I still wouldn't go down.

Coincidentally, three people had just boasted in the LFM how they 3-manned this same quest on the same difficulty right before I entered the raid. I chuckled to myself afterwards.

Ship buffs are there for min/max purposes, not because I need them! SF pot count was 70 or so.
    Last edited by Wraith_Sarevok; 06-29-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: derp typo... 24 should be 4.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

It's a raid not a quest hence not a great example.
    It's L22 on normal - Epic has nothing to do with it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    It's a raid not a quest hence not a great example.
    That being said, an EPIC (STILL MEANS LEVEL20+ ONLY!) raid should be somewhat challenging to a full party of 12.

It is easier than the elite heroic raid.

Hell, the epic hard mode is easier than elite heroic.

Not relatively easier. Actually easier.

That party of level20s would have more difficulty with heroic elite than epic hard/normal.

If a group of level 14s just finished doing dq1, they would have an easier go of it doing epic normal than heroic elite.

That doesn't strike you as odd?

Grats on your accomplishment. It is yet another example of how unbalanced things are at the moment.

Community Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    That being said, an EPIC (STILL MEANS LEVEL20+ ONLY!) raid should be somewhat challenging to a full party of 12.

It is easier than the elite heroic raid.

Hell, the epic hard mode is easier than elite heroic.

Not relatively easier. Actually easier.

That party of level20s would have more difficulty with heroic elite than epic hard/normal.

If a group of level 14s just finished doing dq1, they would have an easier go of it doing epic normal than heroic elite.

Grats on your accomplishment. It is yet another example of how unbalanced things are at the moment.

Normal epic is easier than heroic elite?

Time to start regular solo loot runs on epic!

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post

Very.

I guess that is what Turbine gets for having normal = 1, hard = 2, and elite = 10.
    A level 10 raid on heroic elite would then be at level 20 difficulty.
    An epic raid on hard would then be considered 22 difficulty.

Yet compare the average hitpoints, saves, and damage potential of level 10 characters versus level 22's. HUGE difference.

I'm beginning to suspect that Turbine applied the exact same scaling scheme to both heroics and epics and just called it good, not bothering to consider how this would affect the low level quests. I'm hopeful that they will sort it out soon and realize their error.

I'm all for having content accessible to everyone and reachable, but there really wasn't any need to have the heroic scaling changed. I think this was collateral damage and they just haven't manned up to admitting it yet.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Congrats, nice work.

Default Farm them Epics till changes come

Nice work. Yes, I discovered the same with Wizard King Epic-Norm. Did 6 solo runs in one day .. got 300k+ xp from it, and since I still want some EPIC gear from Sands, I opened the quest up each time at the end for 5 other players to come share 6 chests.

I probably have netted about 6 scrolls, and 2 seals (although, still haven't gotten the ones I want).

But, word to note .. one player pulled a +3 Dexterity Tome from one of the end chests. EPIC Normal at that.

So farm it up, go crazy on these .. until the next patch makes Epic Norm not possible to solo.
    Kiss My Khopes and Bow to my Bow
    ----------------------------------
    Firekragg Red / Windkragg Red of Sarlona

I can make a lvl 14 char and solo it on heroic normal, so not the best example of how something is broken.
    Quadrovault | Quadrotune | Hyperyon

Quote Originally Posted by Tobril View Post
    Normal epic is easier than heroic elite?

Time to start regular solo loot runs on epic!
    Not for me - time to start regular "First2Click, BYOH" DQ runs again, only on Epic instead. PUGging just got more fun.
    "I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities" - Vaarsuvius, OoTS #674

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    I think people are really struggling with this bit, despite it being mentioned by devs a few times now.

Congrats!

Difficulties are:
    • Casual
    • Normal
    • Hard
    • Elite

Epic is just to describe the base level above 20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs