Default Goodberry. What am I missing?

A spell that creates tavern food, but you can't cast it in a tavern.. or a city.. you have to go into a dungeon to summon them.

What am I missing here?

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Community Member

This question has come up a few times, both in beta and live. Doesn't make too much sense to me either. I haven't seen a dev response to this, so not sure if bugged, oversight, or WAI. It would make more sense if they lasted through logout, but they disappear if you log out and back in.

Transmutes natural matter around you into Goodberries.

Natural matter, trees and dirt and junk.

I suppose you cant turn a chair and a dart board into a goodberry, which is why you cant use it in a tavern. But you SHOULD be able to use it in a town...

I mean... unless its a steam-punk warforged town
    Wisdom is a liquor store. Tastes so sweet, just wait till you wake up in the morning.

I cast it in a dungeon just now and it tells me they can only be used in a tavern.

I guess that raid picture reminded me that there's a tavern in Chronoscope.. but ugh, that just seems horrible. At least let us cast it inside a tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueFox View Post
    Transmutes natural matter around you into Goodberries.

Natural matter, trees and dirt and junk.

I suppose you cant turn a chair and a dart board into a goodberry, which is why you cant use it in a tavern. But you SHOULD be able to use it in a town...

I mean... unless its a steam-punk warforged town
    Well, I just cast it in a sewer.. the only thing natural down there was the human waste. I guess they should rename the spell Dungberries.

Would be better if it worked like tasty ham and gave you a small bonus vs posion and disease.

Useable both in and out of quests. But dissapeared (rots) after 3 mins per caster level if not eaten.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Community Member

The only thing that I can think of is that they would be used for when doing slayer/explorer/rare grinding. You would summon them while in the wilderness. Kill everything. Go back to town to rest up and you wouldn't have to buy supplies. Maybe I am missing something and there are taverns out in the Kings Forest that I don't know about but that is all that I have come up with. It would be nice if you could trade them also.

Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeslieWest_GuitarGod View Post

Would be nice to be able to use them when you have the option to swap spells after shrining.

Quote Originally Posted by Amante View Post
    Well, I just cast it in a sewer.. the only thing natural down there was the human waste. I guess they should rename the spell Dungberries.
    I believe the correct term is "dingleberries."

It's a bug. You should be able to use the feat to create the berries anywhere - especially in public areas, hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    It's a bug. You should be able to use the feat to create the berries anywhere - especially in public areas, hah.
    While you're at it, could you consider making SP clickies like the Bauble and Ring of Spell Storing work in public areas too? They use to be usable anywhere but that changed several updates ago without notice. It would be nice to be able to use them in public events like Mabar and Crystal Cove.
    Ascent, Argonnessen ~ Cleatus Yogurthawker | Isostatic Rebound | Mohorovicic Discontinuity | Angular Unconformity
    Ghalanda ~
    Feldspathic Greywacke

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    Is it a green bug with pearly whites, that dances like its 1999? (hint: like a new monster found on the way to Faerun with a great new dance) Mississippee Queen gonna run that quest again JUST to see them hands in the air!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Dungeons & Dragons Online Guild
    No Drama. Cameraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | GHALLANDA GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley_Nicholas View Post
    While you're at it, could you consider making SP clickies like the Bauble and Ring of Spell Storing work in public areas too? They use to be usable anywhere but that changed several updates ago without notice. It would be nice to be able to use them in public events like Mabar and Crystal Cove.
    That is why it was changed, they added public only sp regen items to the store for the public events. Or maybe it was just coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!