Default epic destiny and TR

with all the excitement about epic destiny I would like to know what happens if you TR? do you have to start over when you get to 20 next life? if I'm not done TR'ing is there any point to grinding out epic destiny?
    or if I get to 21-25 and Tr do those come back as soon as I reach 20 next life?
    Just curious how it carries over if it does at all.

Community Member

I was going to ask the same thing. Noticed noone replied so here's a bump.

Community Member

This has been stated a few times, but basically you keep you destiny xp and levels, but lose your generic levels 21-25.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

Also, it's my understanding that when a TR hits 20 again and goes to set their destiny, they can't automatically select a new one, but have to pick up where they left off in a destiny that is already unlocked.

Example: Mushmouth the bard levels his Fatesinger destiny to 4, and moves in to Shadowdancer, which he levels to 2. He then decides he wants to TR and become a paladin. When he hits 20, he doesn't get to start working on the divine sphere epic destinies, he has to take one of the arcane destinies or Shadowdancer (if he'd leveled Shadowdancer to 3, he would be able to select any of the martial or arcane destinies).

Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus1000 View Post
    This has been stated a few times, but basically you keep you destiny xp and levels, but lose your generic levels 21-25.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenvis View Post
    Also, it's my understanding that when a TR hits 20 again and goes to set their destiny, they can't automatically select a new one, but have to pick up where they left off in a destiny that is already unlocked.
    These are essentially correct. When you reach level 20 again, you'll have use of whatever Destiny progress you'd made before, and don't get another first-time unlock of a new destiny.

Community Member

How do I change my epic destiny. I appear locked in.

I picked Exalted Angel for my pally, a mistake. I detest this line, don't want it, and want USentinel.

I purchased a shears of fate, reset my tree points, in Ex Angel. In a tavern, using shears, it confirms usage.
    It then brings up the EDestiny tab, I can click on USentinel, but cant make it active. No choose destiney button. What is going on here?
    Last edited by LordKalkin; 06-29-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKalkin View Post
    How do I change my epic destiny. I appear locked in.

I picked Exalted Angel for my pally, a mistake. I detest this line, don't want it, and want USentinel.

I purchased a shears of fate, reset my tree points, in Ex Angel. In a tavern, using shears, it confirms usage.
    It then brings up the EDestiny tab, I can click on USentinel, but cant make it active. No choose destiney button. What is going on here?
    There are two ways to unlock Unyielding Sentinel once someone has chosen the Exalted Angel destiny.

You can play and get experience until you reach Level 3 of Exalted Angel. At this point you will unlock Unyielding Sentinel, and can then activate it to make it the active destiny by talking to the Fatespinner. You can also purchase a Key of Destiny to unlock a destiny adjacent to one you already have unlocked and similar talk to the Fatespinner to activate a different destiny.

We'll try to look into making these items more clear. Shear of Destiny can only let you switch to a destiny you've already unlocked. We'll see if we can make these not purchasable if you only have one Destiny unlocked.