The proposed idea is to have a 'manual' (shared bank) for you account that 'holds' named equipment. Think of a treasure vault or display for your hard won loot.
Here's the rundown of the features:
1. The manual would be accessible to all characters.
2. The manual would hold ONLY named items (no randomly generated loot, no ingredients, etc).
3. Characters could drop items into the manual or remove items from the manual.
4. Items would be sorted out by the quest chain that they drop in.
5. Items that have been customized (Fused/Upgraded/Bound) would not be able to be put in the manual. This is mostly for the purpose of keeping the list in the manual simple.
6. Dropping multiples of the same would add an incremental count number in the manual. So you could have a cache of a few named items (i.e. two named shortswords) to transfer to another character.
7. Only BtA or unbound items could be added. No BtC.
Here are the advantages:
1. You can quickly see what you may be missing from a particular quest chain.
2. This frees up alot of inventory management. No need to create mule characters to hold all the new loot.
3. It's easy for any character to get at the vault and be able to pick up the item they want without having to log in/log out on a bunch of alts to find the one that has the item.
4. Shared bank space still remains viable for all other loot (which is fairly vast).
5. Since the manual is essentially a reference to loot tables, there is no need to maintain a 'copy' of the item in the database. This could free up some space/processing time in game by not having a bank/inventory full of copys.
1. Hoarding of items (not sharing out in quests). I suspect that would drop off quickly though as people build out their Treasure Manual on their account. Especially if there is no reward for having multiples of a single item in the manual.