Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Soloed Epic Normal Chrono

The title and screen shots say it all. I had many discussions in threads today how the changes brought by U14 made epics in general to easy. Here is some proof that maybe.....just maybe they are a little easier now, or maybe I am just that good

I found all the guards and did most optionals, but was getting bored so I didn't finish the second set of kills. Except for the abishi boss this felt like elite solo. What is shown in the screen shots should not be possible. Take a look at woodwards gear on myddo...nothing special.

Or does this make me uber and a bit crazy?

Epics are now accessible to even casual solo players, This is WAI.
    It's not a matter of too hard or too easy.
    Now that the level cap has been raised, EVERYONE can enjoy doing level 21+ quests.
    It is a good thing for the game.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

WAI.

A Self healing Arcane is one of the best solo builds in the game.

Try it on a non self healing build and let us know how that works out for ya.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    WAI.

Sure.....what do you consider non-self healing? a bard? fighter/rogue?....oh wait all my toons are self healing and self sufficent. Guess I need to level up my barb again...oh wait he drinks silver flame pots and has umd as well....

Quote Originally Posted by Bargol View Post
    Sure.....what do you consider non-self healing? a bard? fighter/rogue?....oh wait all my toons are self healing and self sufficent. Guess I need to level up my barb again...oh wait he drinks silver flame pots and has umd as well....

Sounds to me that you soloed content your capable of soloing then....

Epic just means L20+ nowadays.

the only thing thats stops many raids from being solo'd are mechanics that require more than 1 player to coordinate. DQ's been solo'd at level... Reaver..... even ToD's been solo'd
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Sounds to me that you soloed content your capable of soloing then....

Epic just means L20+ nowadays.

the only thing thats stops many raids from being solo'd are mechanics that require more than 1 player to coordinate. DQ's been solo'd at level... Reaver..... even ToD's been solo'd
    Maybe its my way of thinking...but an epic raid shouldn't be soloable...should it? I mean before U14 yes I could solo many of the easier epics (eparty, esmall prob, etc.) but a raid? Just seems weird/wrong.

Yes I even soloed reavers, DQ, etc on woodwards first life....but again an epic raid?

Community Member

Epic just means 20+. Turbine has modified the entire system. Players seem to have trouble grasping this concept...

I think some balance tweaks still need to be made, for the WHOLE game (and thus don't expect a quick resolution) and I'd like to see unique rewards come from EE-only, but that's a different thread.

Epic doesn't mean the same thing it meant last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu
    Dear Delt,

No reach around references.

Maybe its my way of thinking...but an epic raid shouldn't be soloable...should it? I mean before U14 yes I could solo many of the easier epics (eparty, esmall prob, etc.) but a raid? Just seems weird/wrong.

Yes I even soloed reavers, DQ, etc on woodwards first life....but again an epic raid?

Its not an "Epic Raid" like it was pre Update 14. Its just a L20 raid now.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Its not an "Epic Raid" like it was pre Update 14. Its just a L20 raid now.
    Sigh...I guess your right, but shouldn't it have been at least a bit harder then an amrath quest?

WAI.

Self healing is overpowered! Nerf selfhealing!

Honestly, normal chrono is like the vale. It is good that more people can survive and thrive in epics but this has gone way too far.

Tactics don't matter. Build doesn't matter. Gear doesn't matter. Teamwork doesn't matter. Strategy doesn't matter.

Even on epic-hard for most quests. We all stayed in through the fire in Ehard von6 and it was fine. Strategy? Bah!

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Self healing is overpowered! Nerf selfhealing!

Honestly, normal chrono is like the vale. It is good that more people can survive and thrive in epics but this has gone way too far.

Tactics don't matter. Build doesn't matter. Gear doesn't matter. Teamwork doesn't matter. Strategy doesn't matter.

Even on epic-hard for most quests. We all stayed in through the fire in Ehard von6 and it was fine. Strategy? Bah!
    But Von is another low level raid.. So yeah! I'm really looking forward to epic'ing these shortman on normal/casual with a couple of guildies so we can learn every little detail. Previously, this sort of thing wasn't even remotely possible.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Sigh...I guess your right, but shouldn't it have been at least a bit harder then an amrath quest?
    Go run normal amrath and normal epic chrono. Should be closely the same.
    IMO, normal is fine as it is.

Sadly, an epic hard quest just means a hard lvl 20+ quest, which sucks, as I believe these should be more alike the old epics, if not a little more difficult.

Epic elite seems fine as is, although I believe it wouldn't be too bad if it was put up a notch as well, as I believe it will quickly become cakewalk once everyone has got used to their destinies.
    Quadrovault | Quadrotune | Hyperyon

Quote Originally Posted by SoloPhalanx View Post

Sadly, an epic hard quest just means a hard lvl 20+ quest, which sucks, as I believe these should be more alike the old epics, if not a little more difficult.

Epic elite seems fine as is, although I believe it wouldn't be too bad if it was put up a notch as well, as I believe it will quickly become cakewalk once everyone has got used to their destinies.
    Ummm...epic normal chrono is supossed to be level 21. That would be equal to say elite genesis point as far as level. In fact I run elite amrath often as I enjoy it. However, the difficulty is not the same. Epic chrono normal is so easy and elite amrath is moderately hard. Normal is not fine as it is...

You hit on the problem. They set the bar so low with epic normal / hard that once everyone has full destinies and is god like elite epic will be a cake walk when currently (level 20's) its a challenge right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoloPhalanx View Post

I'd compare epN Chronoscope to (heroic) Normal Shroud.

Shroud is significantly harder, despite being a level 17 raid not a level 21 raid. Most players can't solo either Arraetrikos encounter even as geared 20s.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

You hit on the problem. They set the bar so low with epic normal / hard that once everyone has full destinies and is god like elite epic will be a cake walk when currently (level 20's) its a challenge right now.
    Well, you have to consider all the brand-new first-time-player insta-16s running around too. Considering the knowledge level and gear some of those guys are going to have (or, more to the point, NOT going to have) I think Epic Normal will give them plenty of challenge, and it's blindingly obvious this update was designed to pull as many new people into the game as they possibly could.

And that's not really supposed to be criticism - it's kind of fun seeing all these new guys running around Korthos again, and seeing the general chat filled with all the newb questions I had when I first started. Korthos was pretty sparse the last time I TR'd, it's good to get some fresh players in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

It's just so lame.

Why should I bother grouping with anyone for loot anymore? I can just solo an EPIC RAID on Casual/Normal difficulty and get that legendary ultra-rare Shard of the Charged Gauntlets in about... 20 minutes. 0 deaths. Minimal cost.

The design behind these difficulties is just mind boggling. Epic Elite is the ONLY one that's working properly and the rest are all bugged. I'll keep saying that until someone comes along and gets the idea. Raids shouldn't even be able to drop shards if they are this easy to get. It's like they're just handing us free items and XP for 0 proof that we've earned it. You have to defeat a god-like monster before you can take his god-like treasure!

But this isn't the place to question raid difficulties. This is a place where you praise the OP. Great job!
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post
    Why should I bother grouping with anyone for loot anymore? I can just solo an EPIC RAID on Casual/Normal difficulty and get that legendary ultra-rare Shard of the Charged Gauntlets in about... 20 minutes. 0 deaths. Minimal cost.
    They add ml25 loot so they make (some) outdated ml20 loot easier to acquire. Stop complaining, if it was harder to get you'd complain that it's too much grind.

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Epics are now accessible to even casual solo players, This is WAI.
    It's not a matter of too hard or too easy.
    Now that the level cap has been raised, EVERYONE can enjoy doing level 21+ quests.
    It is a good thing for the game.
    Yes. I solo'ed Lords of DUST Epic-Norm yesterday, died (poison two-shotted by end boss) once, learned from it and completed.

My initial thought was "I shouldn't have been able to do that"; but then I thought "wow, that means I can now actually learn content I've owned for two years". This will lead to me being better able to play in a group at Epic-Hard and Epic-Elite eventually. It is, indeed, good for the game.

EDIT: I typed lord of blades, shoulda been lords of DUST!
    Last edited by fco-karatekid; 06-29-2012 at 08:39 AM.

The proof is in the pic. EPIC is now just epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, although VIP players do get free Gold rolls on Daily Dice, so that might fit into your criteria. But when it comes to chest drops, chain rewards, general Daily Dice rolls (what number you get), etc., VIP does not confer additional "luck".

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble View Post
    Epic just means 20+. Turbine has modified the entire system. Players seem to have trouble grasping this concept...

I think some balance tweaks still need to be made, for the WHOLE game (and thus don't expect a quick resolution) and I'd like to see unique rewards come from EE-only, but that's a different thread.

Epic doesn't mean the same thing it meant last week.
    ^^This applies to AC discussions as well. Old mentality was "what AC do I need to be missed on a 2 in %blah% content?". New mentality should be "what combination of AC, PRR, and dodge do I need to sufficiently mitigate damage to the point I can survive?"

I'm still seeing folks complain about getting hit more often; yet I don't see much in the way of how much incoming damage they are receiving. My experience has been that my monk's getting hit more often in level 19+ content, sure; but she's getting hit for smaller numbers at a time. Yes, there's always death by papercut; but I'm starting to warm up to the new systems in general.

TL;DR: Things have changed, so, too should the paradigms we had last week - lower Epics are now accessible content to the non-leet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast