Default Construct Essence while shapeshifted?

Crazy I know right? I know WF can't (or shouldn't) be repaired, but how does construct essence play with forms, since it's a feat and doesn't modify your race?

Not that I'm thinking about building an arti/wiz/druid or something silly... :P

Just so you know ahead of time - you can't have a wolf and a toaster puppy at the same time.

I made a Druid/Artificer on Llamaland just so that I could try that because I thought two pets might be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by riexau View Post
    Crazy I know right? I know WF can't (or shouldn't) be repaired, but how does construct essence play with forms, since it's a feat and doesn't modify your race?

Not that I'm thinking about building an arti/wiz/druid or something silly... :P
    Side of the coin 1:
    It's based off your ability to modify yourself, and thus indicates you could likely incorperate the various components involved into your shapeshift.

Side of the coin 2:
    It's based on modifications directly to your own body, and thus may not transition well into another form.

It's a clearly unnatural modification to yourself, and thus the components involved would likely break druidic oath.

I'm sure we could work something out to make it work- and I'm always in favor of more crazy build possibilities- but the odds are kinda leaning against it, conceptually speaking. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Construct Essence is suppressed while in animal form.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    Construct Essence is suppressed while in animal form.
    Kind of what I suspected. Sadly, my dreams of a techo bear may now only be realized with bell bottoms and otto's.