Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Sources of Dodge

I'm trying to compile a list using my best knowledge, so any help or correction is appreciated. Unless otherwise noted, everything stacks with everything and is a passive bonus. This list is up-to-date up to update 15.1.

Feats, Enhancements
    • (Improved) Uncanny Dodge, passive : 1% at Levels 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, and 20 of Rogue or Barbarian, respectively. (Note: also 2 rogue seems to give uncanny dodge, this is probably not wai)
    • Uncanny Dodge, clickie: 25%, exceeds Dodge cap.
    • Improved Uncanny Dodge, clickie: 50%, exceeds Dodge cap.
    • Dodge Feat: 3%
    • Mobility Feat: 2%
    • Spring Attack: 2%
    • Inspire Heroics, Song: 4%
    • Flurry of Blows, when centered: 2%, 4% and 6% at monk levels 1, 2 and 4, respectively.
    • Lesser Ocean Stance: 1% (currently bugged to give 10%)
    • (Greater) Ocean Stance: 2% (currently bugged to give 20%)
    • Combat Archery (epic feat), passive: 2% if wielding a ranged weapon.

Epic Destinies:
    • Meld Into Darkness, Shadowdancer, Clickie:+100% Enhancement bonus to dodge for 6 seconds (how does this work?)
    • Untouchable, Shadowdancer, passive: 1% extra dodge for each Shadow Charge held
    • Echoes of the ancestor: Primal (ranged version), Fatesinger, passive: 1%
    • Perfect Balance, Grandmaster of Flowers, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks
    • Walking with Waves, Grandmaster of Flowers, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks
    • A Scattering of Petals, Grandmaster of Flowers, active: for 12 seconds: +25%
    • Master's blitz, Legendary Dreadnaught, active: for 10 seconds: +50%
    • Unearthly reaction, Magister, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks
    • In the weeds, Shiradi Champion, passive: 1% per rank, 3 ranks
    • In the weeds, Shiradi Champion, when standing still: additional 1% per rank, 3 ranks

Items (same numbered item bonuses do not stack, i.e. the maximal total Dodge bonus granted by items is 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 10).
    1%
    • Bracers of Wind (various versions): 1%
    • Cloak of Night (ML 16): 1%
    • Nimble Trinket (tier 2 and 3):1%
    • Staff of Nat Gann: 1%
    • Cannith Crafting Shard, appliable to Goggles, Bracers, Trinket: 1% (+2 potential)
    • Wariness item suffix: 1%, also grants +3 Resistance and +2 insight ac

2%
    • Bracers of Wind (various versions): 2%
    • Head of Good Fortune (upgraded), Trinket: 2%
    • Chaosgarde, Bracers: 2%
    • Cinder's Dance, Ring: 2%
    • Epic Cloak of Night: 2%
    • Duelist Leathers (ml 12): 2%
    • Thaarak Bracelet: 2%
    • Cannith Crafting Shard, appliable to Goggles, Bracers, Trinket: 2% (+4 potential)
    • Epic Bracers of Deftness: 2%
    • Iron Cloak of the Wolf: 2%

3%
    • Arcing Wind, Runearm: 3%
    • Bracers of Wind (various versions, including the epic version): 3%
    • Chattering Ring: 3%
    • Duelist Leathers (ml 16 and tier 1 and 2 of the epic version): 3%
    • Epic Grim's Bracelet, Necklace: 3%
    • Sovereign Rune of Dodging (Dragontouched Rune for Armors): 3%
    • Mithral Cloak of the Wolf: 3%
    • Alertness item suffix: 3%, also grants +4 insight ac

stacking 3% from set bonuses
    • Planar Focus: Subterfuge Set Bonus: 3% (probably stacking with other dodge 3%; confirmed for bracers of wind)

4%
    • Epic Duelist Leathers (tier 3), Armor: 4%
    • Epic Staff of Nat Gann, Weapon: 4%
    • Icy Rainment, Armor: 4%
    • Seal of House Dun'Robar, Ring: 4%
    • Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf: 4%
    • Omniscience item suffix: 4% (also grants +5 insight AC)
    • Balizarde, Protector of the King: 4%

Of special note:
    The haste spell, and haste guard as well as Stone of Change Alchemical Rituals are not Dodge% chances, but Dodge Bonuses to AC.
    Epic Bracers of Deftness, Elocator's Habiliment and Duelist Leathers grant the Mobility feat, and thus, 2% additional dodge.
    There is a bug where cannith crafted +% dodge items are not applying unless reequipped.

Open Questions are:
    • Are there dodge bonuses from enhancements and/or epic destinies?
    • Do these items all have these listed properties?
    • Are there other items with a dodge bonus?
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 09-19-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

The destiny for GmoF semms to have broke my dodge...Before taking an enhancement in there for dodge my monk was at 9%...Now it is at 3%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

dodge bonuses are additive. on my rogue, i have 7% dodge. when i use uncanny, it becomes 57%. when i uncenter myself, it becomes 5%.

didn't test if same values stack, but iirc, some dev mentioned that they should. you tested same values?
    Last edited by destiny4405; 06-28-2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4405 View Post
    dodge bonuses are additive. on my rogue, i have 7% dodge. when i use uncanny, it becomes 57%. when i uncenter myself, it becomes 5%.
    Also in regards to same-numbered items, say: Epic Staff of Nat Gann and Icy Rainments, or Tharaak Bracelet and HogF?
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    The destiny for GmoF semms to have broke my dodge...Before taking an enhancement in there for dodge my monk was at 9%...Now it is at 3%
    This is certainly not WAI, and worth a bug report.

Yup bugged it...Seems a ton of stuff in the ED's is not working right at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    • (Improved) Uncanny Dodge, passive : 1% per 4 Levels of Rogue or Barbarian, respectively.
    • Uncanny Dodge, clickie: 25%, exceeds Dodge cap.
    • Improved Uncanny Dodge, clickie: 50%, exceeds Dodge cap.
    • Dodge Feat: 3%
    • Mobility Feat: 2%
    • Spring Attack: 2%
    • Inspire Heroics, Song: 4%
    • Flurry of Blows, when centered: 2%, 4% and 6% at monk levels 1, 2 and 4, respectively.
    • Lesser Ocean Stance: 1%
    • (Greater) Ocean Stance: 2%
    My Monk-Ranger-Rogue has the 3 tempests feats (Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack) and Flurry of Blows, which should add up to 13%. However, the character sheets shows 14% (in non-Ocean stance). He's not wearing any items with the Dodge effect.

I suspect that one of the feats is giving one more point of dodge than the documented value, but I can't tell which one. Anyone else have more Dodge than they can account for?

Lesser Ocean Stance seems to give 10% rather than the documented 1%. I'm not sure about the higher tiers of Ocean Stance.
    My Trade List
    My build: The Jack of Fists, Monk 12 / Ranger 6 / Rogue 2, melee generalist
    My toon: Agthorr on Khyber

Also in regards to same-numbered items, say: Epic Staff of Nat Gann and Icy Rainments, or Tharaak Bracelet and HogF?
    not sure. i think i read that somewhere, but could very easy be untrue
    Jesus saves. Everyone else rounds to nearest 5%.

Sarlona: Nafaka[Rogue] Nandu[Monk] Neotheny[Wizard]
    Bullet Fist Tony My rogue's build

Quote Originally Posted by Snarglefrump View Post
    My Monk-Ranger-Rogue has the 3 tempests feats (Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack) and Flurry of Blows, which should add up to 13%. However, the character sheets shows 14% (in non-Ocean stance). He's not wearing any items with the Dodge effect.
    Just to be sure it's not the flurry or any other monk effect, can you wield a weapon which will uncenter you?
    Can you check if there is some feat which might grant that bonus?
    And if you could be bothered with an enhancement reset, this would be much appreciated.

Community Member

I suspect that one of the feats is giving one more point of dodge than the documented value, but I can't tell which one. Anyone else have more Dodge than they can account for?
    My Monk 3/Paladin has more dodge than I account for.

I should have only 4% dodge from my monk levels, but my character sheet says I have 6% dodge. I have none of the feats that are listed in the release notes that give dodge, and I've looked over all my equipment but none of them give dodge. It's not Ocean stance, because I'm almost never in that stance and it only gives 1% anyways.

I haven't reset my enhancements since the update, but there aren't any enhancements that I have that should give bonuses to dodge. (has anyone checked the dwarf enhancements against giants to see if that's a dodge bonus or a bonus to AC?)

The only theories I have at the moment (that need to be tested):
    1. My lightning reflex feat is giving dodge bonus too
    2. The TWF line is giving dodge bonus too
    3. Instead of Monk 1, 2, and 4 giving dodge bonuses, it's instead giving bonuses from Monk 1, 2, and 3
    4. My paladin aura is giving dodge bonuses
    5. It's a display issue with the character sheet; it's adding something in that should be there, but still using the correct dodge bonus

Cinder's Dance, named item from Hold for Reinforcements, previously granted +2 uses of uncanny dodge, now grants +2% dodge bonus.

Lesser Ocean Stance seems to give 10% rather than the documented 1%. I'm not sure about the higher tiers of Ocean Stance.
    Rogues get a +1% dodge at second level, are you including this?

Items (same numbered bonuses do not stack).
    Are you sure?
    Cause I think all sources of dodge shall stack. At least this was said once in closed beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Community Member Cedrica-the-Bard's Avatar

Well, my Arti has Dodge and Mobility which should provide 5% but it only says 4%. Something wrong there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    Cinder's Dance, named item from Hold for Reinforcements, previously granted +2 uses of uncanny dodge, now grants +2% dodge bonus.
    Is the item property still named Lesser Swiftness, or is it just a plain dodge +2%?

Can anyone check Braza's Hat from Where there's smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    Are you sure?
    Cause I think all sources of dodge shall stack. At least this was said once in closed beta.
    No, I am not, and I'd appreciate some clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    Rogues get a +1% dodge at second level, are you including this?
    I wasn't able to find a note of this bonus - do you have some kind of documentation, or name of the bonus which is giving this?

Thanks, everyone for participating. If your Dodge % is behaving strangely, I can only encourage you to play with your items and enhancements to get some insight so share in this thread.
    Last edited by karl_k0ch; 06-28-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Just to be sure it's not the flurry or any other monk effect, can you wield a weapon which will uncenter you?
    Can you check if there is some feat which might grant that bonus?
    And if you could be bothered with an enhancement reset, this would be much appreciated.
    Rogue Level 4 auto granted 1%

Quote Originally Posted by Bodic View Post
    Rogue Level 4 auto granted 1%
    We are talking about the uncanny dodge bonus here? That doesn't apply, considering that his Monk/Ranger/Rogue build is a 12/6/2rog build, if his signature is trustworthy.

Community Member

My Lesser Ocean Stance seems to be granting +9% dodge. Doesn't make any sense.

We are talking about the uncanny dodge bonus here? That doesn't apply, considering that his Monk/Ranger/Rogue build is a 12/6/2rog build, if his signature is trustworthy.
    I have a 11/2 Pally/Rog that has passive Uncanny Dodge listed on her feats list. It says it's acquired 1 time, though it's obviously not WAI as Uncanny Dodge is granted at lvl 4.

Edit: Also, Devs in Beta said they wanted the same values of Dodge to stack but the tech they have is not allowing it, so maybe in the (far) future.

Edit2: Oh, now that i think about it, is it possible that Uncanny Dodge got linked to Barb's lvl class requirement making it apply to rogues at levels specific to Barb class? And maybe Imp UD got linked to Rogue's lvl class requirement - Barbs are saying they don't get IUD when reaching lvl 5, if they are getting it when reaching lvl 8, my theory would be perfect for this issue.
    Last edited by brzytki; 06-28-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

Items with the same dodge % do not stack. I have items I have tested it with.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast