Community Member

Default Hero's Companion: How far is "at your side"?

The description of HHC says "while he or she is by your side" so I assume there is a range limit and if we split up too far, the buff is lost.

Trying to figure out how close I have to be to the target in order for them to keep the bonus.
    Last edited by Outlandman; 06-28-2012 at 04:18 AM. Reason: 'cuz

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outlandman View Post
    The description of HHC says "while he or she is by your side" so I assume there is a range limit and if we split up too far, the buff is lost.

Trying to figure out how close I have to be to the target in order for them to keep the bonus.
    Do the devs ever visit this forum? I need an answer to my question.

Community Member

Based on its description, one would think that it functions similarly to the Favored Soul's crown of vengeance or whatever it's called; however, in practical application, from what I've seen is that the buff stays on its target for the duration of the cooldown. I've had it cast on me before and the icon definitely lingers, although I don't know if the effects do too. Since I haven't grouped with any halflings lately with the enhancement, I'm starting to wonder how it works too.

Community Member

In my experience, you can use it and spend the next minute fleeing in terror and your ally will still have the effect. They only have to be near you when you use it.
    Cannith: Officer of Legit
    Beyt, Varsuvius, Lucznik, Ordeith, FirebatHero, Koniec

Community Member

Thats good to hear i have always been hesitant to take it because i thought i would have to stick close to people. If i don't have to worry about that i think i will start picking it up.

Default HHC is for the HHiC (head halfling in charge)

You have to be in normal spellcasting range to apply the buff, but after that you can be dead and out of the quest and it will continue to work for the full 1 minute.

This enhancement is well worth the AP, particularly for halfling bards. Getting to the end fight and powering thru the boss because the 2 top dps'ers in the party are now absolutely hammering the poor fella is pretty sweet.

Keep in mind that the cooldown is only 30 seconds, but the duration is 1 minute, so wait until crunch time and alternate your 5 HHC's between the two best damage dealers in the group.

Because the HHC bonus does not scale up for 2 hand damage or down for off hand damage, it is arguably more effective for use on monks and two weapon fighters as they will get more attacks in per 60 seconds than the THF'er. However don't hesitate to use it on your friendly barbarian cohorts as it will help them lock down aggro in tough situations.
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths