Community Member Gareth_Valinson's Avatar

Default Underdark Locations

Has anyone successfully located all 13 of the underdark locations? I haven't been able to locate the Daycrystals. Any clues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    I do not suck at DDO

Default Bug?

I don't think the daycrystal location exists. Is this a holdover from the Beta?

Last edited by Gareth_Valinson; 06-28-2012 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Added Images
    I do not suck at DDO

Default Found the daycrystals.

They are located in the elemental area. You have to go up and you will find your way blocked by two, non-responsive earth elementals. I had to jump around them using feather fall and the boots of propulsion. Once on the other side, they come to life and after killing them, you can continue on to the daycrystals.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    They are located in the elemental area. You have to go up and you will find your way blocked by two, non-responsive earth elementals. I had to jump around them using feather fall and the boots of propulsion. Once on the other side, they come to life and after killing them, you can continue on to the daycrystals.
    Oh man... I was out of FvS jumps when I got to that point... I bugged those elementals that were too far to target even though you were standing right there. My guess is that they are on a zone change.

Grrrr...

Finding my way back up there is going to take forever. But thank you *sooo* much for finding these and posting this
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Default Thanks!

Here is a very poor map of the Daycrystals following the green route.

Underdark.jpg
    I do not suck at DDO

Thanks for posting the Daycrystals' location, I am missing only those and one other now .
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

For anyone who doesn't have Abundant Leap or Cannith Boots, I figured out a way to get past the elementals with only a jump of 33.

There's a pointy part of the ledge to the right of the elementals. Run up to the peak of it while pointing toward the outside of the path just behind the right hand elemental, and jump just before the very tip. There should be enough room to get past the invisible barrier.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Sprint boost works very well too. Rangers or Barbarians, whooosh...
    The Core HC Permadeath Guild
    HC stands for Hard Core
    on Khyber
    thecorehc.home.comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth_Valinson View Post
    Has anyone successfully located all 13 of the underdark locations? I haven't been able to locate the Daycrystals. Any clues?
    I have located the path to the daycrystals. I have gotten to a point where one can actually see the crystals. However, the path is blocked by what appear to be two earth elementals. They do not become active. Instead, they just block the path. One cannot jump over them either. I do not believe that Turbine has made it accessible yet.
    Treachery wears many masks, but none so treacherous as the mask of virtue.

Not true. They activate but after you jumped around them. At least that's what happened to me. Then you walk up the path till the end for the Daycrystals. They are not impressive btw.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Not true. They activate but after you jumped around them. At least that's what happened to me. Then you walk up the path till the end for the Daycrystals. They are not impressive btw.
    You don't even need to jump around them. I barely missed the jump and when I climbed all the way back up again they were active so I killed them and walked over to the daycrystals, seconded on the unimpressive, especially given all the work.

Community Member

Can we get a dev to respond to this? I tried an hour trying to get past the 2 inactive earth elies without success. I suspect it's a bug, but can a dev confirm whether it's a bug or WAI? All other mobs in the adventure area can be triggered when you get close, yet these 2 appear completely unresponsive and cannot be targetted or attacked in any way. So for those of us without high enough jump, we'll never be able to complete it?

yea it takes some time to get around them i fell twice. then i went to the ridge BEFORE the two on the right(if facing them) and used my jumping pot and the canith boots to get past them diagonally. then they turned alive and i killed them. after that its a walk up.
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

Community Member

Can someone post a map to the Daycrystals? Did not the see elementals nor the DCs.

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council

The Wiki Underdark page has been around for months... probably longer than this thread.
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

Community Member

that map hasn't helped me find the Daystar crystals

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council

Don't know what to tell you then... the map that shows the pathing is right on the money on how to get there.
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

I got those elementals to activate without jumping past them. There are several other elementals on the corkscrew path leading up to them...everything in the vicinity needs to die before they wake up.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Community Member

to get to day crystals you ave to kille some ellies that blocade a ramp. Its not too far from the forest entrance as far as i remember. But these ellies will not wake up until another roaming pack of ellies close by has been eliminated.