Default Exalted angel - ideas for some little, but doing so much, changes

Ok.... I think some things in this destiny need rethinking.
    And I know it was discussed many many times, but.... Maybe, just maybe - if we write devs will finally see the light ( I really hope Eladrin will get a little time to look at it)
    This one destiny has some great abilities. But some of them are almost not usable - so here my suggestions that would make them usefull.

AUTOGRANTS:
    1. Astral Vibrance
    Toggle: While you are above 50% Health enemies below 50% health take 1d4 light damage every 2 seconds, increasing by 1d4 every 2 seconds they remain in your aura (up to 20d4 per 2 seconds), and nearby allies below 50% health receive 1d4 positive healing every 2 seconds increasing by 1d4 every 2 seconds they remain in your aura (up to 20d4 per 2 seconds). Costs 1 sp per 2 second, increasing by 1 every 2 seconds when active
    This ability is really irritating to use. Because to not get amazingly high sp cost u have to toogle it on and off every 10-20 secs <- thats not cool.
    Idea to repair: Make sp cost cap with max dmg. 20d4 dmg for 20sp seems cool (but remember first u have to get to that high stack paying sp for not really worthy it dmg). I suggest to cap sp cost to 20 sp for max stack.
    Because watching to toogle it on and off in a good time is really making it not often used skill. And right now its eating sp like crazy!

2. Blessed Blades
    Any weapon you wield or unarmed attacks are treated as having your alignment for damage reduction bypass purpose
    Its fine ability, but should not be in autogrants. All others autogrants give sth usefull to both melee and caster(even sp and spell pen is usefull for melee who still - has to heal and buff, and may like to drain some mobs). This one however is completely trash for casters. Doing exactly nothing.
    Idea to repair: Move this one to enhancement tree, and give us in autogrants sth that both melees and casters can find usefull e.g.:
    - more positive or light spell power
    - some % of bigger sp pool
    - more hp
    - some stacking DR
    - some stacking heal amp
    - or just exchange this one with the :Be at Peace: ability - I think no save CC can be situationally usefull for both melee and caster, right? Cooldown is long enough to not make this skill OP - and its only one-target.

3. Leap of faith
    Well.... its not THAT bad. Even tho i Think fvses shoudl get sth better like e.g. 7sp per one wings use instead of 10. Or sth like that. But this one I can understand. Rogue one is giving evasion even tho rogues have it already.

4. Angelic Presence
    Not that bad. But I think sth like +2 con instead of +2 charisma would be better (look down at fvs melee = charisma is usefull , caster fvs = charisma above 19 is not usefull, wisdom is the one usefull). Or maybe -2 saves instead of -2 attack rolls.
    But if this one stays as it ism itll be still worth using cause its free so.... Like leap of faith - change would be nice but not that needed.

ENHANCEMENT TREE:
    Here I see only 1 hurting thing.
    Dear devs - please decide if fvses spells/abilities DC should work based on wisdom or charisma - were not able to get both high enough to get good spell casting DC, AND epic abilities DC.
    Idea to repair:
    I see u devs made it into this direction :
    - melee fvses = some cool charisma moves
    - caster fvses = dc based on wisdom
    So I suggest:
    - melee like abilities in epic destiny to stay charisma based: Smite the Wicked, Strike Down
    - caster like abilities in epic destiny to be changed to wisdom based: Avenging the Light, Divine Wrath

And BTW - I think we should get sth to evocation DC. Even sorcerers get this... And its fvs and clerics whos pride is BB and Implosion - both Evocation spells.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 06-27-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Nice suggestions!

Though I am very doubtful anything will change at the moment, countless people provided feedback on Closed and Open beta but little to nothing was changed.
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Pewf - Koeta

Well it changed.... they cut our sp/per lvl But ok - that was fair.... 100-150 sp/per lvl would be OP. I admit.
    But well... while I was reading topic with Exalted Angel in closed beta I saw a lot of people making proposals that would be really, really OP.
    So I thought - maybe if we come out with nice suggestions - that do not really need to turn this ED upside down and remake it from beggining, and wont be OP then MAYBE - maybe - we will get sth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    Well it changed.... they cut our sp/per lvl But ok - that was fair.... 100-150 sp/per lvl would be OP. I admit.
    But well... while I was reading topic with Exalted Angel in closed beta I saw a lot of people making proposals that would be really, really OP.
    So I thought - maybe if we come out with nice suggestions - that do not really need to turn this ED upside down and remake it from beggining, and wont be OP then MAYBE - maybe - we will get sth.
    This is true, and your suggestions are very nice 'non-op' ones indeed! I agree with most of them.

However, I'm probably just upset that nothing ''really'' changed after 100~+ replies of feedback is all.

Though, I do hope they did take in account countless and countless feedback we did provide and maybe we can hope they will change it and work the bugs out soon!
    Samurai Pizza Cats
    Pewf - Koeta

Well true. Its sad considering how much some of the pres changed under feedback.
    And our wings are still broken after hotfix
    Last edited by Kayla93; 06-28-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Community Member

Post fixing Exhausted angel......

/Signed

Adding -2 save debuff , -2 spell resistance and +2 Wis , +2 con to Angelic presence aura would be simple and effective way to repair this poor designed destiny.

As for sla simply add Wis to spell modifier just like in draconic/magister destiny where spells use both Cha and Int.
    Would be nice if those abilities could affect all type of mobs for at least half dmg.
    Last edited by Udalric; 06-28-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Oh yup/. -2 spell resistance would be nie addition. Considering how high spell resistance drows have.

Community Member

They still haven't sorted out the caster level though. Supposed to get +1 caster level per level of ED. It never worked in beta and i reported it on formal bug thing pretty much straight away and still doesnt work. It works for arcanes though so do not see what the issue is!!

I have 38 wis and 34 charis on my fvs. The cleric items help i.e. one gives +7 wis and +2 insightful cha, other +7 cha and +2 insightful wis. I also have epic spell pen and although it gets through on like a 6 vs the drow they pretty much save (the casters seem to be a sucker for destruction tho) (in kings forest anyway). Mind u I tend to just a combo of the 3sp light thing that does between 260 and 500 each hit, divine punishment and throw in the odd blade barrier and comet fall for good measure.

When i levelled from 21st to 22nd it said i got 50 spell points but i didn't seem to get the exalted angel one (levelled in both same time) so i have no idea how they work mana out ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMouse View Post
    They still haven't sorted out the caster level though. Supposed to get +1 caster level per level of ED. It never worked in beta and i reported it on formal bug thing pretty much straight away and still doesnt work. It works for arcanes though so do not see what the issue is!!

I have 38 wis and 34 charis on my fvs. The cleric items help i.e. one gives +7 wis and +2 insightful cha, other +7 cha and +2 insightful wis. I also have epic spell pen and although it gets through on like a 6 vs the drow they pretty much save (the casters seem to be a sucker for destruction tho) (in kings forest anyway). Mind u I tend to just a combo of the 3sp light thing that does between 260 and 500 each hit, divine punishment and throw in the odd blade barrier and comet fall for good measure.

When i levelled from 21st to 22nd it said i got 50 spell points but i didn't seem to get the exalted angel one (levelled in both same time) so i have no idea how they work mana out ;o)
    every time I get e.g. more mana, or increase mana pool by % in the enhancement tree - I seem to loose ALL sp benefits from Exalted Angel till I relog.
    After relogging it seems fine.

Community Member

Mybe not quite the right place for this, but are we really only supposed to get 10sp going from lvl 22-23, seems very very low

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla93 View Post
    every time I get e.g. more mana, or increase mana pool by % in the enhancement tree - I seem to loose ALL sp benefits from Exalted Angel till I relog.
    After relogging it seems fine.
    I am the same. It was an issue in beta which they never got round to fixing but it was on all classes and think it may still be the case. Do seem to be alot of things broken about exalted angels though. I think we should get 2000 more mana one off permanent bonus as compensation..... ;o)

I don't understand the mana. I know you are supposed to get it from your epic destiny rather than levelling in epic levels but like i said last time I definitely got 50 mana when went from 21st to 22nd and am pretty sure didn't get it from Epic destiny. Granted it cancels itself out (sort of) but wish there was a logical explanation somewhere of what you get and from where.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ric0 View Post
    Mybe not quite the right place for this, but are we really only supposed to get 10sp going from lvl 22-23, seems very very low
    And what makes it worse is, that is probably from having mental toughness and improved mental toughness....

Honestly I think Ill be switching to U. Sentinel for some time.
    I like EA destiny, but a lot of things seems broken.

And well.
    Exalted Angel: DC, some light spells, judgment, caster lvls, some mana
    (but two last seems to not work)
    Unyielding Sentinel: hp, DR, heal amp, AC, saves

Honestly on epic elite I think that HP and DR and heal amp will be more usefull right now.
    At least Ill start my way to magister - my first one I want to twist into Exalted Angel or Sentinel.
    Hoping EA will be fixed in meantime.
    Last edited by Kayla93; 06-30-2012 at 08:28 AM.