Default Confused with Epic Destiny UI

Why do I have a 0 next to Fatesinger? and theres the first Fatesinger ability listed in my passives.

In this next pic what are the little yellow balls next to some of the Destinies? What are the red stars coming from Magister? And why is there a 0 next to Fatesinger and its in color.

Last edited by Meretrix; 06-27-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Community Member

The 0 listed by the fatesinger means that you have access to that destiny now if you decide you want to switch and the stars i believe are showing the connections between destinies and the progress towards unlocking other destinies.

My map is almost identical except i have fate singer as my selected with magister available. Granted i thought lvling as a fatesinger would work towards the martial sphere intially, so I'm not sure how the whole process works for unlocking destinies in other spheres unless you have to build all the connections in your starting sphere first.

Thanks for the reply but I was under the impression I would have access to the whole Arcane sphere. Shouldn't I?
    Last edited by Meretrix; 06-27-2012 at 08:35 PM.

Did you take Fatesinger, and then switch to Magister without leveling it?

**EDIT
    Video might be right

Once you have chosen a destiny, you have to unlock the other destinies in that sphere.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Epic_Destinies
    Last edited by AZgreentea; 06-27-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Than why is Fatesinger unlocked and not Draconic? Makes no sense.

So first, I kinda dig the whole Epic Destinies Mechanic (right now - once I get above tier 2 on first destiny, I might hate it...depending upon how long it takes to continue to progress).

That said - MAN, is that a confusing UI (not to mention unresponsive sometimes in the non-map view... adding to confusion for a minute). Took me about 5 minutes to finally figure out how to add destiny levelups. NOW it's intuitive, but first time is a pain.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Meretrix View Post
    Than why is Fatesinger unlocked and not Draconic? Makes no sense.
    Just noticed this question about a week after its probably relevant, but anyway.

If you continue to level as a magister you eventually will gain access to the draconic destiny, for my wizard it unlocked at getting the 3rd level of magister i believe. I don't know how the system picks which destinies unlock first within the same sphere, however your destinies seem to be unlocking the same as my current wizard so i believe there is some pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by VideoGamer View Post
    Just noticed this question about a week after its probably relevant, but anyway.

If you continue to level as a magister you eventually will gain access to the draconic destiny, for my wizard it unlocked at getting the 3rd level of magister i believe. I don't know how the system picks which destinies unlock first within the same sphere, however your destinies seem to be unlocking the same as my current wizard so i believe there is some pattern.
    it's a bug, it's supposed to unlock both at magister 3, but fatesinger unlocks at magister 1 and magister unlocks at fatesinger 1.
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    it's a bug, it's supposed to unlock both at magister 3, but fatesinger unlocks at magister 1 and magister unlocks at fatesinger 1.
    Is the bug only on that tree, or is it on others?
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by AZgreentea View Post
    Is the bug only on that tree, or is it on others?
    so far I've only noticed it happen with fatesinger <--> magister, but I've only leveled up a couple of destiny levels.
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...