Community Member threefeetunder's Avatar

Default Attention caster druids: Don't go pure.

So I was playing around with *trying out stuff with multiclassing druid* when I noticed the sorc and druid spell damage enhancements can both be taken at the time.
    Tested them, and they stack (for both druid and sorc spells).

This means that for a single level of sorc or wizard on your druids, you get 40 spellpower to any element for 1 ap. That's hard to pass up on. The capstone is still nice for the wis if anything, but if you want an offensive casting druid splash an arcane.

This also means an arcane/divines can splash druid for 20 spellpower (for any element including healing, except for force/untyped), but that's probably not worth sacrificing the capstone in most cases.
    Last edited by threefeetunder; 06-27-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Community Member

Clerics still have a situational cap that has become even more situational so splashing some druid in there might not be that bad for them. The question though becomes why and how much?

I guess for the flaming sword spell as that is nice to have at 3 druid level. Could go 2 ranger/6 druid/12 cleric I suppose to open access to the druid epic destiny and help your archery skills.

I am going to build a pure druid first to see what the spells and enhancements do and go for there.

Community Member

I bet they'll fix this quicker than they fix the broken natures warrior PRE damage proc, bugged baiting bite, weapons having to be re-equiped when you change from human to animal form and pets getting stuck. The ridiculous disparity between spell power per AP compared to sorcs or wizards. etc etc

Did you try a 1 Wiz/ 1 Sorc/ 1 Druid to see if all 3 stack?
    Star Firefall
    20 Rogue Assasin
    Currently on life 42 of 42 (Final Life!)

Community Member

A cold/acid sorc can take 1 druid level and pay 1 ap to get the effects of the sorc capstone. That druid level also gives a toughness enhancement and shield and armor proficiency for those who want (improved) shield mastery and possibly armor for some prr.

I totally agree with the comments.. don't fall into that trap, as you *know* they will fix it sooner rather than later. Better off not wasting the level and stick to your original plan. If you want to follow through, can't say I never told you so.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Can you explain how you tested this with screenshots please?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicMew View Post
    Can you explain how you tested this with screenshots please?
    Here was my testing process :

-Made a druid character. lvled him up and take a sorcerer level (so it's a 1/1 druid/sorc multiclass). No equips on the guy besides the korthos spear bane bracers.

-took as spells niacs (6-10 damage range at lvl 1 sorc) and acid spray (3-4 damage range at lvl 1), and produce flame from druid (3-4 damage range at lvl 1).

-took the first druid spell enhancement (+20) from all relevant elements (to see if sorc spells weren't unaffected by druid enhancements or something)

-jumped in waterworks and started blasting kobolds with those 3 spells. Niacs was dishing 7-12 damage and acid spray/produce flame was dishing out the same 3-4. Considering a 1.2 multiplier to spells from 20 spellpower, that's what you'd expect to see. The cold damage you see are niacs cast.

-took the first tier of sorc spellpower enhancements (+40).

-jumped in waterworks and started blasting kobolds. Niacs was dishing out 9-16, and acid spray and produce flame were dishing out 4-6 damage. These numbers would be impossible with just 1.4 multiplier, but are what you'd expect from a 1.6 multiplier. aka: the enhancements stack.

Last edited by threefeetunder; 06-27-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithic View Post
    Did you try a 1 Wiz/ 1 Sorc/ 1 Druid to see if all 3 stack?
    You can't take both wiz and sorc enhancements at the same time.

Btw, for you clerics out there, tried out a 1/1/1 druid/bard/cleric, the +positive spellpower enhancement from all 3 classes stacked with each other (for a total of +60, 20 positive spellpower from each tier 1 enhancement from all 3 classes)

Also, for a 1/1/1 bard/sorc/druid, sonic enhancement all stacked for +80 spellpower total (+20 druid, +20 bard and +40 sorc).

From the looks of it, if the name of the enhancement is different, even if it's the same bonus, it stacks. I'm curious if this applies to crit chance/multiplier enhancements....

so in conclusion:

cleric/fvs/ranger/paladin, and amongst arcane wizard/sorc/artie spellpower enhancements are typed the same so don't stack (more exactly, you can only take the enhancement from 1 of them at a time)
    druid and bard spellpower enhancements are typed differently, and you can take them at the same time as the others (and they stack).

This is getting interesting. Would really apreciate a dev popping up to tell us if this is wai...
    Last edited by threefeetunder; 06-27-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks for this. Will be good TR leveling until the next patch, I guess

So with this knowledge and the hope that it will be a month or so before the devs patch it (assuming that's not what today's patch is), what would a good fast leveling blaster mix be for a quick druid life?
    Olds, Proud Member of The Silver Legion on Cannith
    http://www.guildmedieval.com/

So yeah, just to give you guys fair warning before you all take splash levels for this: this is not working as intended, and we will likely be fixing it at some point in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    So yeah, just to give you guys fair warning before you all take splash levels for this: this is not working as intended, and we will likely be fixing it at some point in the near future.
    We appreciate the warning

UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Quote Originally Posted by ssgcmwatson View Post
    We appreciate the warning
    Me too...I am going to need my lr for all of the other mistakes I make on caster druid build.

Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    Thanks for the heads up