Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    My suggestion would be to remove the sneak requirement for assassinate altogether while your at it. Pretty please.
    You're not serious, are you?

Went into The Lost Thread last night, and Assassinate is proc-ing now.

However, though it now procs before the initial weapon damage, it seems to occur AFTER any elemental effects on the weapon itself proc. To me, this is fine and doesn't interrupt the string of attack or anything, but not sure if still WAI.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Todesnymphe View Post
    You're not serious, are you?
    They probably meant the actual sneak stance requirement, which I can agree with. You should of course always only be able to assassinate a mob on an attack that would count as a sneak attack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    This is correct, Deadly Shadows is misbehaving. I'm going to see if I can get a fix for it in the patch.

Precision should be providing 25% fortification bypass and +5% to hit (after hit chance calculations) on the live servers.

The feat should read: "Offensive Combat Stance: While using Precision mode, you gain +5% to hit and reduces the target's fortification against your attacks by 25%."
    Maybe this isn't the best place to adress my question but since I see a talk about fortification here goes....
    There's one thing that I don't understand about sneak attacks. Some creatures are immune to SA. I've red somewhere that they are not immune, they simply have 100% fortification. I'm gonna assume that that's right. So by using Precision rogues should make SA damage against "SA immune mobs(undead, oozes, constructs...)" 25% of the time? There are also other feats like Opportunist that bypass fortification so rogues should get even more SA? Well, that's not happening...at least for Opportunist(haven't tried out Precision).
    I've red somewhere what's really going on when fighting mobs with fortification though that might not be true. There was a guy playing rogue who once saw SA hapenning against portals in Shroud. The reason why that happened was because there was dark monk who used his dark special move to decrease mobs fortification by 25%. So they started thinking why SA happens when someone decreases mobs fortification and when using feats that work ONLY FOR YOUR HITS(not decreasing mobs fortification) SA doesn't happen. So they came to conclusion that when you make an attack that qualifies as SA your client makes check on server what is mob's fortification. And since dark monk brought it down to 75% every 4th hit did SA damage. If your client checks server for mob's fortification and the result is 100% your SA damage is 0 and all other feats like Opportunist, Armor-piercing, etc. don't count. So could we get an answer what really happens with SA, mobs immune to SA, feats that work only for players hits that influence fortification(Precision, Opportunist, Armor-piercing, etc...)? This was a talk about Precision which reduces 25% mob's fortification vs your hits. Will rogue with Precision get SA 25% of the time vs undead(for example)?
    Thank you!

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Undead and other mobs are inherently immune to sneak attack regardless of their fortification level. The Shadowdancer Epic Destiny can negate that immunity with one of its autogrants. Portals and the ship dummy aren't immune but have 100% fortification, it's quite possible to get SA as long as it isn't aggro'd on you. Portals in shroud for instance aggro on the first person to attack them, if this happens the only way to get SA is to use a deception item if I understand correctly.

Precision is working perfectly, I absolutely love the 25% fort bypass and I trust that the 5% hit boost is working too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Glad the devs are looking into this, although I did find some kind of way to bypass this bug while soloing (although some of you people might hate it but oh well)

On my Drow Rogue, I used Shadow Manipulation to get enemies on my "temporary" minion so I could assassinate them to bypass this bug, but the ability has a llllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg cooldown.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    HOLY THREAD NECRO BATMAN!

Stoner81.
    The thread probably got necro'd because someone searched for assassination bugs. The bug is back, can't assassinate mobs unless they're aggro on something else again.

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post
    Ah! We got ya!

While you're helping rogues out can you please look into assassinate?
    Right now if the mob we try to assassinate is unaggroed, the damage from the attack takes place before the assassination attempt thus negating the possibility to instantly kill the target.

Many thanks!
    to make it more accurate: it means the inactive enemies, the ones that have to he bumped into or attacked to activate ai, like hillgiants in gh epic slayer who are doing "searching something on ground" animation, in that state assasinate is skipped and normal damage rolls.

also something i noticed, not sure but does assasinate always rolls first or is it possible that game sometimes randomizes the order, im pretty sure it happened to my assasin few times that assasinate roll was successful but enemy got hit in melee by either of twf weapons and assasinate got blocked by it, im talking about regular assasinate situation on active enemy attacking someone else.
    "If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong."
    — Groucho Marx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12