Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member A_J_Rimmer_SSC's Avatar

Default Rogue Assassin question

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, my rogue's sneak attacks did 17D6 + 12 damage per swing pre-expansion. When I checked my stats yesterday, it was 13D6 + 12. So I was wondering whether this was as intended (perhaps as part of the AC revamp), or if maybe the capstone didn't apply correctly, and re-doing enhancements might bump it back up. But I was about to log when I noticed it, so I didn't bother running off to re-spec. But today, when I logged in and looked at my sheet, it says his sneak attacks are good for 14D6 + 12 damage. So basically I'm wondering:

1) Is this WAI or a glitch? If intended, it's not like it's going to ruin the character, but if it's a glitch, I'll re-spec enhancements to try and fix it.

2) Has anyone else had a similar issue?

My sneak attack seems off as well.

Under feats it is being listed as 16d6 + ( ).

I believe it should be 22d6. 10d6 (odd rogue lvls 1-19) + 4d6 (capstone) + 3d6 (assassin tier 1,2,3) + 3d6 (improved sneak attack feat) + 2d6 (shadowdancer tier 1 and 2 autogrants). The sneak attacks I have observed usually fall well below the average sneak attack damage per hit that I calculated should be happening.

It would appear that this is a common problem. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=379876

The capstone is believed to be the problem, although in my case it appears that the new sneak attack feat may be glitched as well.

In other rogue news, the description of the Precision feat mentions nothing about fortification bypassing in the game, but since the fortification bypassing was mentioned in the release notes, this is hopefully just an in-game typo. Haven't had a chance to test it to see if it's working.
    Last edited by ThePrisoner; 06-27-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Yup, 4d6 SA damage missing, there's a thread in the rogues forum too.

Resetting my enhancements did not help.
    Triumore - Triu - Broktar
    Mitis Mors

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrisoner View Post
    In other rogue news, the description of the Precision feat mentions nothing about fortification bypassing in the game, but since the fortification bypassing was mentioned in the release notes, this is hopefully just an in-game typo. Haven't had a chance to test it to see if it's working.
    I know I'm pretty excited about that, but didn't change feats yet just in case.

The capstone is believed to be the problem, although in my case it appears that the new sneak attack feat may be glitched as well.
    This is correct, Deadly Shadows is misbehaving. I'm going to see if I can get a fix for it in the patch.

Precision should be providing 25% fortification bypass and +5% to hit (after hit chance calculations) on the live servers.

The feat should read: "Offensive Combat Stance: While using Precision mode, you gain +5% to hit and reduces the target's fortification against your attacks by 25%."

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    This is correct, Deadly Shadows is misbehaving. I'm going to see if I can get a fix for it in the patch.

Precision should be providing 25% fortification bypass and +5% to hit (after hit chance calculations) on the live servers.

The feat should read: "Offensive Combat Stance: While using Precision mode, you gain +5% to hit and reduces the target's fortification against your attacks by 25%."
    Ah! We got ya!

While you're helping rogues out can you please look into assassinate?
    Right now if the mob we try to assassinate is unaggroed, the damage from the attack takes place before the assassination attempt thus negating the possibility to instantly kill the target.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by delsoboss View Post
    Ah! We got ya!

Right now if the mob we try to assassinate is unaggroed, the damage from the attack takes place before the assassination attempt thus negating the possibility to instantly kill the target.

Many thanks!
    That could probably explain why it *feels* like mobs are saving way too often for my 46DC assassinate, maybe they are not even needing to make a save at all.

Ah! We got ya!

Many thanks!
    I'll look into that. It's obviously not intended.

The Hatchery

Ah! We got ya!

Many thanks!
    I've noticed this too. You can get around it by bluffing them first, for the time being.

Yuhuuuuu!!!!

Thanks a bunch!!!

@ Qezuzu: yes i know, i used bluff and/or hirelings/summonedmonsters were applicable but this buggyness completely steals the feeling of getting in for the kill you want, when you want it. And if the enemy i want to assassinate is a caster or an archer the effect of the bluff is kinda unpredictable (they tend to run around like headless chickens).

My suggestion would be to remove the sneak requirement for assassinate altogether while your at it. Pretty please.

From what previous posters have described, about assinate working extremely seldomly like if a deception procced first I'd be inclined to believe that the problem is also what's breaking Improved Feint. If you have your nose in that block of code anyway, Eladrin, would you double check that Feint is getting fixed at the same time, please?

<awesomesauce!>
    <naowithmoarawesome!>
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by Systern View Post
    From what previous posters have described, about assinate working extremely seldomly like if a deception procced first I'd be inclined to believe that the problem is also what's breaking Improved Feint. If you have your nose in that block of code anyway, Eladrin, would you double check that Feint is getting fixed at the same time, please?
    I'm not sure it's the same problem, but the fact that improved feint doesn't actually execute an attack (since 2 or 3 updates ago) makes me feel like someone peed in my cheerios whenever I log my rogue.

Of course assassinate is more important. But please please please fix feint. And then fix it even more by removing the combat expertise prereq.
    Bartylomaos and Fwelcyr, of Orien's Forever Knights
    Lag got you down? Do what I do and bring along a good book to read while playing DDO.

Thanks!
    Triumore - Triu - Broktar
    Mitis Mors

Community Member

Ah! We got ya!

Many thanks!
    Is that the same effect regarding when have the Ravager set on? I've heard you cannot assassinate with ravager because the ravager damage gets applied before the assassination attempt.

Groovy. Thanks!

I sure thought it felt funny/off. I was having to resort to Sap and Bluff to get things done.

That's when I decided to look into future feats and saw Improved Sneak Attack, and thought maybe they had peeled off a few hit die and added another feat you'd have to attain to get back what you already had (don't get any ideas, please devs).
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

My sneak attack seems off as well.

Under feats it is being listed as 16d6 + ( ).

I believe it should be 22d6. 10d6 (odd rogue lvls 1-19) + 4d6 (capstone) + 3d6 (assassin tier 1,2,3) + 3d6 (improved sneak attack feat) + 2d6 (shadowdancer tier 1 and 2 autogrants). The sneak attacks I have observed usually fall well below the average sneak attack damage per hit that I calculated should be happening.

It would appear that this is a common problem. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=379876

I noticed a second feat entry for the Epic version of Sneak Attack (Improved Sneak Attack). So you may need to look at two different Feats to get your total (unless you are looking elsewhere).

Nice!

One thing that was a bit anoying, Precision in mind, tried Resillence and almost if not all Shadow Dancer abilities turned the feat off, hoping thats not the case with Precision too, also my Divine Power clickies turned the stance off which was as much anoying.

Edit: After this downtime my Rogue's capstone sneak dices are gone. No change in description for Precision, seem to work though. Assassinate still broken. Hoping that 2nd Hotfix comes soon.
    Last edited by Syrophir; 06-28-2012 at 10:04 AM.
    Moved from Keeper/EU to Thelanis (2010)
    Guild: aLiclan Mains: Ichilphrion (FvS) Shyntaghar (Rogue) Xilphare (Artificer) Xyrathur (Wizard)
    Low tolerance for grind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast