Default Returning player(s) looking for companions

This will be brief as I just typed out a long post and it didn't save/post.

Beta'd DDO and played from inception through it's first year. I ended up leaving due to a lack of end game content, numerous bugs, and a plethora of unfinished content.

I hear DDO is much different these days and wish to give it a new try. I'm an avid online gamer and have played PnP D&D since you had to color in the numerals on the dice with the wax crayon that came in the Basic D&D edition box. There's a bit of nostalgia I hope a few of you can appreciate.

My characters are currently on Sarlona, but having issues retrieving them as they say that they are "corrupt" when I try to log in. I expect they've either been inactive too long or were logged out in an area that no longer exists. I have a ticket submitted to tech support now and am awaiting a reply. In any advent I'm not opposed to starting over, and may be forced to, so server isn't necessarily an issue.

I'm looking for a mature and goals oriented group of players who believe in working together to achieve goals. I value overcoming hard content through applied group synergy. Regardless of what game I was playing, UO, EQ, WoW, AoC, etc I was always in a server top guild and value competition and risk/reward scenarios.

I don't want to come off as some "hardcore gamer" that doesn't appreciate good people and great times. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'd rather group with a competent person who is personable and easy-going than a highly skilled elitist jackass.

I'm by no means the best gamer there ever was, nor do I expect the people I group with regularly to be, however it does irritate me when I group with a healer who doesn't have their best heals readied because the "faerie lights spell is so much prettier and sparkles!!1337!!"

I prefer a family/fun oriented guild that believe in doing the best they can to challenge themselves ingame. If a dungeon is easily farmable set it to a harder difficulty or try a new dungeon.

Sincerely

Grimknot/Klessa

aka Justin
    jdnwaco@gmail.com

Companions can be purchased through the DDO store or through the Auction House; additionally, cosmetic gear and different tricks can also be purchased for them.

Jokes aside, I wish you luck with your quest to find a guild that values a good time while not being too elitist. It is a very fine line to be sure.

I also play on Sarlona; feel free to contact me in game if you have any questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    I agree with the feathered marsupial.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzacoala View Post
    Companions can be purchased through the DDO store or through the Auction House; additionally, cosmetic gear and different tricks can also be purchased for them.

Jokes aside, I wish you luck with your quest to find a guild that values a good time while not being too elitist. It is a very fine line to be sure.

I also play on Sarlona; feel free to contact me in game if you have any questions.
    Do I just try to message Quetzacoala?

Sidetracked question, does Dungeons & Dragons Online have any affiliation with Dungeons and Dragon Neverwinter? I've heard yes and no, looking at the website it doesn't seem to be a Turbine backed game though.

if you want you can check us out i'm the guild leader and i have 7 toons in the guild and as of right now (when this was posted) were level 39.

here is the link to our compendium page http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Fire_of_the_Dragon

hope you like the changes scents you left. if you want to join the guild let me know just send Juliusroot a mail ingame if you want to join the guild
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Default If you Move Servers

Hey, We have a mixed group of players. We have the Elitist jackass..... but he's pretty cool, I've known him for close to 30 years. We do everything on Elite and when possible Epic. Our Elitist loves Epic. We have a few guys that play everynight. So someone is almost always on. We also love busting balls when someone screws up. So we love the challenge of play..... but we also do it for the enjoyment. If you switch over to Thelanis, send Shalooomo game mail. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTICK View Post
    Hey, We have a mixed group of players. We have the Elitist jackass..... but he's pretty cool, I've known him for close to 30 years. We do everything on Elite and when possible Epic. Our Elitist loves Epic. We have a few guys that play everynight. So someone is almost always on. We also love busting balls when someone screws up. So we love the challenge of play..... but we also do it for the enjoyment. If you switch over to Thelanis, send Shalooomo game mail. Take care.
    He forgot to mention the "elitist" likes to teach, is a higher level crafter, twinks good gear and carries Soul Stones! I have toons at most levels, just not for long! Look me up in game a try a few test runs... I'm usually on late evenings EST.
    Last edited by DanteEnFuego; 07-03-2012 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Typo--iPad hates Twinking...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Default Recruitment

Dear Prospect,
    We are recruiting roleplayers. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE BERSERKERS or "ZERGS!" We are a medieval/military/Templar based roleplaying guild that has melded my ADnD 2nd addition "tabletop" campaign of over 20 years w/DDO's campaign.
    I am a DM from ADnD 2nd addition and have been for over 20 years. Our guild is level 31 and has an airship w/all amenities, we are active, however we are recruiting more and more to increase the amount of active members so that at any time (24/7) anyone from our guild should be able to log on and find enough guild members to quest with (so as not to have to find strangers for that.)
    If you are interested (and like minded enough) to roleplay 13th century Templar style, then contact me "Ghonja" on Thelanis server through the floating mailboxes and/or here/or at: guitarjohn707@yahoo.com

PS: I and my son and daughters (ranging from 15-25) all play and are the core of this guild and interestingly enough we are descendants of the Creator and first Grand Master of The Knights Templars and that is our insperation!
    King Ghonja Flowingwater of Earth
    Grand Master of The Knights of The Covenant