Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: No Shadow Jump?

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    466

    Default No Shadow Jump?

    There was talk about this when in beta and I'm not sure why it isn't implemented (unless I just missed it).

    Why doesn't the shadowdancer have an ability that is similar to the monks abundant step and the FvS's wings? The shadowdancer jumping ability from PnP is much more similiar to the current abundant step than any of the classes' ability that currently is used as abundant step or the likes. That was the biggest thing I was looking forward to in this destiny too. :/

  2. #2
    Community Member Asmodeus451's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecerak View Post
    There was talk about this when in beta and I'm not sure why it isn't implemented (unless I just missed it).

    Why doesn't the shadowdancer have an ability that is similar to the monks abundant step and the FvS's wings? The shadowdancer jumping ability from PnP is much more similiar to the current abundant step than any of the classes' ability that currently is used as abundant step or the likes. That was the biggest thing I was looking forward to in this destiny too. :/
    a few ppl (self included) suggested this back when MotU was still in closed beta



    it was ignored, or simply never seen
    The Funniest Thing I've Ever Read
    Toons: Twengor (pal), Margween (Bard/FTR/Rogue), Nestrana (wiz), Ammerlyn (Arti), Ostarin (Monk) on Cannith

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    466

    Default

    I know it was suggested in closed beta, I was one of the people suggesting it.

    The devs talked about that they should implement it IIRC but it could seem that they just forgot about it or think ddoor is a good replacement (which it is not as while it feels fitting it's not exactly the thing shadowdancer needed to get a more dancer-esque feel.

  4. #4
    Community Member brzytki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fecerak View Post
    I know it was suggested in closed beta, I was one of the people suggesting it.

    The devs talked about that they should implement it IIRC but it could seem that they just forgot about it or think ddoor is a good replacement (which it is not as while it feels fitting it's not exactly the thing shadowdancer needed to get a more dancer-esque feel.
    No Dev said that it was going to be implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolute-Omniscience View Post
    Did Einstein solo eLoB without pots or what?
    Guild: Captain's Crew
    Characters: Kyorli , Xunrae , Halisstra , Nyarly

  5. #5

    Default

    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=116

    My memory of the discussion is weak, but I seem to recall that the Dev concerned decided on the DDoor as the solution as there were already several epic destinies that gave abundent step-like stuff and jumping to foes was probably not going to work for technical reasons.

  6. #6
    Community Member sephiroth1084's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    12,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RandomKeypress View Post
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=116

    My memory of the discussion is weak, but I seem to recall that the Dev concerned decided on the DDoor as the solution as there were already several epic destinies that gave abundent step-like stuff and jumping to foes was probably not going to work for technical reasons.
    There were three parts to this, but you're basically correct.

    The idea to give them Abundant Step was suggested, but the devs felt that they ahd already put too many of these in the game, and that (I think) it wouldn't feel as special.

    There was a big push for an ability that launched you at enemies and attacked them, or teleported you behind them, and the devs said that it wouldn't work with the game engine, that the behind version would likely result in players getting stuck in geometry, among other things.

    I suggested that SD get Dimension Door and Shadow Walk as homages to the PnP PrC, as nifty minor bonuses. Some other players also made the suggestion, and it went over well with some others, and got implemented. We would have all preferred the Abundant Step thing, but it wasn't happening, unfortunately.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    466

    Default

    I agree that it wouldn't be as special anymore, but to me it's stupid the the PrC that is iconic for having an effect that is basically the current ddo abundant step doesn't have it in DDO. Would be like introducing psions but then not have them get PP since it's too close to the current SP system and having them be stuck with some other random **** instead.

    It just fits too well to the theme to not have it IMO whether it is unique to the destiny or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload