Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Again , focus orb is a piece of junk... Give us the option for the old one back.. The Main menu is even worse, wither give us back the old on or allwo us to put icon on a regular hot bar.

Maybe I'm stupi d but why couldnt' they jsut go with 2 skins... "Classic" for the old one and "Puke on your screen" for the new one.

I dont'e ven want to get itno the "New" groupign UI and it's cosntant bugginginto a "Public Lfm" what a fricken pile of cow pie that is palstered on my screen. And now I have to contend with random people joining without approval even when I click PRIVATE... How long will it take to "Fix" that and how many other thigns will they break when they try to fix it 13 times.

Community Member

I kind of like it. After you find the checkboxes the first time, it takes a few seconds to change your screen layout back to where it was for each char. The only thing I dislike is the mail icon being moved to the char portrait and the smaller focus orb. Those are the only things permanent about it. The skin is better looking than default.

Community Member

Unhappy

I /agree please "Give us the option for the old one back"!

Plus I cannot get ddolite, a UI I have been using and liked to fully work. Been searching for an update but have yet to find one.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

I don't get that new UI. If thy want DDO's UI to look more like lotro's, why don't they just copy it rigth away, instead of inplementing small bites?

My main gripes are losing the option to tell etc. from the focus orb, the amount of real estate round the ends of toolbars, and having to equip the large personal hotbar to see if I have mail.
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by varusso View Post
    You cna use the large bar and turn off the self portrait.
    How do I do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    How do I do that ?
    Look in the options menu, under UI Settings. There is an option named Show Portrait on Vitals Bar. Uncheck it and you should get a brand new vitals bar with no portrait, placed somewhere on your screen.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

There are quite a few options that are toggle-able between schemes. It seems in almost every case the designers chose to make the new flavor the default. Now this is a non issue to new players, but ends up being annoying to vets who have established an interface they are comfortable with. I know I have had to spend minutes on every character I get onto to try and recapture their old layout.

The MOST annoying thing is the loss of hot bar locations from where they used to be. Followed closed by the whole menu bar changes.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Community Member

I like everything about the new GUI because it has more screen real estate....except for these things

1) add back the larger focus orb and map zoom scale as toggled optionals. The whole point of both is to zoom in to see more artwork detail. The focus orb pic is now smaller than in game view! Since it goes away when non-focused it is OK that it is larger.

2) the chat command for load/save GUI is silly. Such a feature belongs on the GUI itself as a simple 'OK for all', or 'OK for alt' toggle and a windows load/save.

3) the dragon symbol needs to be the same height as the XP bars, it defeats the purpose of more screen real estate if your chat windows have to be over or up towards screen center so they don't cover up the button. As long as the hot keys for the menu bar still work there is one key access I am OK with the menu bar under the dragon. If you want even more screen immersion make it like windows where the bottom bars and start menu just vanish unless you mouse down there (or at least goes away in FPV)

GM of Dead Rolled a hardcore random roll guild on Orien http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=374195
    Journal of my toons adventures http://my.ddo.com/yarnevk/

Community Member

I like the new GUI, and like yarnevk the most annoying thing for me is the icon in the bottom left corner preventing other stuff there. It took me an hour before I remembered all the keys associated with different menu's I want to consult, but then I was set to go.

The one other things is probably a bug: when dragging icons to a vertical bar it sometimes screws up. Then I need to flip it 90 degrees and back again and everything is OK again.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.
    Temmyrna - Nanzara - Zarriia - others - The Unrepentant

3 things for me:

Where is the mail icon?

One click "examine" things instead opening a menu to do it. In the past was easier to see if everybody has fom and resists, if the mob is lawful, chaotic, etc.

Difficulty "highlight icon" instead of a "x". It is easier to make mistakes. I "lost" my BB twice yesterday in Tanglerot (I was messing with the new instagroup thing and completed in "normal" without noticing).

Cogito ergo doleo
    Last edited by jbleargh; 06-29-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Community Member

Default New UI doesn't make sense

I agree with the original and subsequent posts about the main menu and positioning of effects.

What where the devs thinking? You can't move the main menu and it doesn't "remember" what view it was in when you logged. Also, why is the esc button disabled when the icon only menu is displayed?

I opt for the DDO "classic" look. Give me the option!

I suppose people using lower resolutions might have problems. I'm using 1920x1080 and I'm not bothered by much.

One thing that does bother me, personally, is the little bottom-left main menu button. It's annoying because it throws off the balance of the way I like to style my UI.

Here's a screenshot of my UI. There's a bunch of space on the left wasted. Sometimes I'll place a vertical hotbar in there, but I really don't like having one there. What bothers me the most about it is that I don't even use the button. Any menu I need to get into I get into with keyboard shortcuts, as I'm sure most people do.

I really wish they'd have a usability analyst give them a once-over of the problems with the UI, or someone they would listen to since they don't seem to believe the players.

Why is it you'll pay someone $5,000-$25,000 to tell you the exact same thing your customers are telling you and finally believe it... I guess all I can say is for my business, thank goodness management only believes what they pay to hear. But even then they often don't do anything with the information...
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12