Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63
  1. #41
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sorry, but I have not heard of any plans to update the UI Art Pack in the near future.
    We're not looking for an update. We're looking for a reference pack. That is, we need the names of the new UI elements, preferably in the form of a .zip containing the default assets. No real dev work required, just a list of what's on the table right now.

  2. #42
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    We're not looking for an update. We're looking for a reference pack. That is, we need the names of the new UI elements, preferably in the form of a .zip containing the default assets. No real dev work required, just a list of what's on the table right now.
    This please, maybe a answer.

  3. #43
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default Art Reference pack Update?

    Hello for all us budding UI enthusiasts it would be great to know the following, now that the Shadowfell Conspiracy has dropped. Not that yall aren't working hard on bugfixes and the like :

    "We're not looking for an update. We're looking for a reference pack. That is, we need the names of the new UI elements, preferably in the form of a .zip containing the default assets. Just a list of what's on the table right now."

    Or is there an Art Asset Pack that is available for use that is correct?

  4. #44
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Bump, really wish we could skin all these new/replacement UI elements since Update 14 over a year ago.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  5. #45
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Bump, really wish we could skin all these new/replacement UI elements since Update 14 over 16 months ago.

    Not sure why I'm bumping it though: since the forum software is broken and doesn't send email notifications at all, I assume no one can tell this has been bumped anyway.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  6. #46
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Yes, it would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  7. #47
    The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Backley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Since email notifications have been fixed, figured I'd go check this thread and bump it. Still would like to be able to skin the current UI.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

  8. #48
    Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    katz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr
    Posts
    3,425

    Default

    yeah. it's been forever since we've been able to change the skinning of DDO. i loved blackbird... but now it only partially works, and i miss it's clean lines and subdued colors

    the official home of LOLWUT

    LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

  9. #49
    Community Member sacredguyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    706

    Default

    Sent a twitter message to @DDOUnlimited and @Turbine linking this thread. Got a reply stating " At this time there are no plans to update the UI assets, sorry. We'll keep it in mind for the future, though."
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).


  10. #50
    Community Member Aliss7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Happy Hunting Grounds
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sacredguyver View Post
    Sent a twitter message to @DDOUnlimited and @Turbine linking this thread. Got a reply stating " At this time there are no plans to update the UI assets, sorry. We'll keep it in mind for the future, though."

  11. #51
    Community Member Mickydees's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Snohomish Washington
    Posts
    25

    Default

    How hard can it be to release a new art pack, you have all the files already for the default skin anyways! im tired of guessing and checking with file names to find the changes, like inventory pages, i have the file names for 1-6but for 7-8 ill have to try and figure out what "color" they are called. Release a new pack already!
    Mickydees 28 Cleric Mickydeez 28 Artificer Mickydee 28 Monk

  12. #52
    Community Member Seljuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Bump !! I was looking for new skin pack, im tired of old look. Would be nice if devs could gice us blank templates.

    I post thread in general chat about it: Link
    >>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 21th: 10drd/6rgr/4ftr - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 3rd life 16wiz/2mnk/2fvs .......Seljuck 4th life barb
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

  13. #53
    2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    yeah. it's been forever since we've been able to change the skinning of DDO. i loved blackbird... but now it only partially works, and i miss it's clean lines and subdued colors
    I'm still using it since it looks better than the default skin

    Stoner81.

  14. #54
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I, too, would love to see an updated UI Asset pack, however, I doubt it is going to happen any time soon!

    I am going to guess that is it just not a simple matter of running a tool to generate the asset pack like it was in the past, and probably is going to take some actual developer time to achieve... something that seems to be a precious resource these days!

  15. #55
    Community Member Bkillert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    14

    Thumbs up Ikr

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickydees View Post
    How hard can it be to release a new art pack, you have all the files already for the default skin anyways! im tired of guessing and checking with file names to find the changes, like inventory pages, i have the file names for 1-6but for 7-8 ill have to try and figure out what "color" they are called. Release a new pack already!
    Yea!, i dont see the difficult of making a customized ui, if we have the default skin ui presets, cant we just edit them into creating a costumized ui? sorry for my ignorance, i just think thats how it works
    A cute girl is crying in a courner, you ask her what's rong and she answers you it's not your problem,what do you do?
    Answer:Make it your god dam problem!!

  16. #56
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Is the release of an Updated UI Art Pack what needs to happen for me to run this on the New 4K monitor that I just started using? Sorry don't know enough about coding but know that when I change the dang resolution to match I can't see the dang hot keys because they are too small.. ;< I like the game but it's sad that the rest looks good at 4k just can't play atm...

  17. #57
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    24

    Default

    ok...couldn't edit post above but can add post....?

    Just noticed also that the Channel also tells you: "This forum is for the discussion of game audio and game UI features. You can also discuss UI customizations! For UI customizations and guides, visit www.lotrointerface.com's DDO section!" This has current UI for LoTRO and a section for DDO that hasn't been updated since ~2012/2013...? Everything that I have read tells me that most of the Custom UI's don't work...still correct and if so why direct us there to let us know that it is good for LoTRO and not good for DDO?

    Still trying to figure this out and would like to use my 4k.

    Thanks,

  18. #58
    Community Member Aphion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere but always somewhere...
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeWind View Post
    Is the release of an Updated UI Art Pack what needs to happen for me to run this on the New 4K monitor that I just started using? Sorry don't know enough about coding but know that when I change the dang resolution to match I can't see the dang hot keys because they are too small.. ;< I like the game but it's sad that the rest looks good at 4k just can't play atm...
    Quote Originally Posted by DeWind View Post
    ok...couldn't edit post above but can add post....?

    Just noticed also that the Channel also tells you: "This forum is for the discussion of game audio and game UI features. You can also discuss UI customizations! For UI customizations and guides, visit www.lotrointerface.com's DDO section!" This has current UI for LoTRO and a section for DDO that hasn't been updated since ~2012/2013...? Everything that I have read tells me that most of the Custom UI's don't work...still correct and if so why direct us there to let us know that it is good for LoTRO and not good for DDO?

    Still trying to figure this out and would like to use my 4k.

    Thanks,
    We used to be able to reskin the UI but since it got changed in Menace of the Underdark Turbine hasn't updated the reference art pack that was given to us for this or even provided a list of asset names that the UI currently uses to even be able to attempt to skin it these days. Some of the UIs still partially work or so Ive heard but none fully- at least not anymore. Lotrointerface is where all the skins are still hosted for DDO and LoTRO that's why that link is still there.

    Doesn't have anything to do with 4k resolution tho im afraid. There are other players that have ran at high resolutions perhaps pm them if still around? Know ive seen some threads about it in the past.

    Bumpity. An update for this would be nice Turbine!
    Urgol the Registrar says, 'Urgol sad, cry tiny kobold tears! Too tiny to see - but Urgol not let you inside.'

  19. #59
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Midwestern U.S.
    Posts
    47

    Post /signed

    Please make UI updates a much easier venture in any way possible. A microbar theme would be great for those playing on small, low resolution screens.
    I support old suggestions and ideas that were never represented, and may dig up some odd things in the process.
    If I am doing something wrong, please tell me so I can fix it.
    Seasonally active on sarlona.

  20. #60
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishunt View Post
    Please make UI updates a much easier venture in any way possible. A microbar theme would be great for those playing on small, low resolution screens.
    Yes, updated UI ArtPack is needed, but for your prob (and for the opposite prob - large displays = microscopic UI = bad), I'd settle for scalable UI elements (see: every other game out there)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload