Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Community Member KGWiking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Muskogee OK by way of WV, TN and NY
    Posts
    412

    Default Disappearing Bars - All of them

    This happened earlier. Fortunately, I was at the end fight and killed the boss. This was a quest where you had to do a lot of targeting with the T key - and I don't like doing that - but anyhow at the end of the quest I may have done something with my clumsy fingers and ALL of my shortcuts - all like where my gear is stored, character information, chat box etc. It all went bye bye. I was able to know I had finished the quest by typing X and the experience log came up.

    I "quit the program" from the ESC key and when I logged back on I did get credit for the quest and my bars/shortcuts etc. were all restored.

    So the question is did I hit something accidentally
    And how do I restore if my clutz fingers do it again.
    Play as a TEAM: Together Everyone Accomplishes More

  2. #2
    Community Member Hobgoblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    3,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KGWiking View Post
    This happened earlier. Fortunately, I was at the end fight and killed the boss. This was a quest where you had to do a lot of targeting with the T key - and I don't like doing that - but anyhow at the end of the quest I may have done something with my clumsy fingers and ALL of my shortcuts - all like where my gear is stored, character information, chat box etc. It all went bye bye. I was able to know I had finished the quest by typing X and the experience log came up.

    I "quit the program" from the ESC key and when I logged back on I did get credit for the quest and my bars/shortcuts etc. were all restored.

    So the question is did I hit something accidentally
    And how do I restore if my clutz fingers do it again.

    i believe that it is called alt-z
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Community Member KGWiking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Muskogee OK by way of WV, TN and NY
    Posts
    412

    Default Ty

    Thanks for the tip.
    Play as a TEAM: Together Everyone Accomplishes More

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    917

    Default

    Very useful if you want extra visibility in a quest.
    My main server is Khyber. Have toons in almost every server for favor purposes. The Faltouts

  6. #6
    The Hatchery Enoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    or take a screenshot without the clutter

  7. #7
    Intergalactic Space Crusader Livmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    2,615

    Default Or

    Quote Originally Posted by Faltout View Post
    Very useful if you want extra visibility in a quest.
    Or to make the game more challenging, play without the UI and only 1 row of custom hot keys. With exp. you'll know when you may need a heal or restore, etc. Hard not to alt+z and look at the UI, but is a fun and challenging way to play. The upshot is that you'll see allot of awesome art detail and beauty in game that folks don't notice with the UI on. Slayer areas are another good place to play withe UI off. Esp the Wheloon and Stormhorns IMO.

  8. #8
    Community Member Nonesuch2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Livmo View Post
    Or to make the game more challenging, play without the UI and only 1 row of custom hot keys. With exp. you'll know when you may need a heal or restore, etc. Hard not to alt+z and look at the UI, but is a fun and challenging way to play. The upshot is that you'll see allot of awesome art detail and beauty in game that folks don't notice with the UI on. Slayer areas are another good place to play withe UI off. Esp the Wheloon and Stormhorns IMO.
    Totally agree, it's great for immersion. Especially with your less-squishy toons.
    One does not simply Post on the forums....

  9. #9
    Community Member PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    I kind of wish they had a mode that would just show a discreet little health bar in the corner.
    I edited a book!

    Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload