Default How many crafted weapons will be useless to you come Monday?

Well, I have at least 5 purposefully crafted weapons that will become out of my reach once the expansion hits.

My two construct/portal beaters, my unholy Eladrin/Cholthulzz beater, my giant bane beater, and my pew-pew giant bane bow.

Hoping to get 50 house C favor by tomorrow so I can craft shards of masterful craftsmanship very soon. If not, I'll have to reach level 21 before I can use them again.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

I couldn't be bothered to make Holy Burst since it's only 2 damage per hit more than Holy even on a weapon with a good crit profile. Holy Burst is +4 while Holy is just +2, so my cheapness in not wanting to make those extra shards of potential saved me 4 levels of ML. It wasn't intentional, but I'm glad it worked out that way.

Community Member Simplesimon1979's Avatar

I believe the hard cap at 20 is staying for crafted weapons

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=378323

Unless the Devs are going to sneak in the ML adjustments this weekend, there shouldn't be a change when MotU goes live Monday. Through all the Beta updates (closed and open), none of my crafted boss beaters were higher than ML: 20, same as they are on live. I did notice a few changes to other shards; Shard of Accuracy (Attack Bonus +4) was changed from +4 potential to +8, so the ML on those items went up.
    Quote Originally Posted by macubrae View Post
    A Dwarf's beard should be thick, strong and long enough to tuck under your belt (to keep kobolds from swinging on it and giants from swinging us by them).

Quote Originally Posted by Simplesimon1979 View Post
    I believe the hard cap at 20 is staying for crafted weapons

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=378323
    Well, that's hopeful news. Here's to hoping I wake up to still being able to use them tomorrow.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPossum View Post
    How many crafted weapons will be useless to you come Monday?
    None for me. All my crafted things, weapons and accessories, are twink gear that gradually gets replaced by named stuff in the higher levels.

The ML and the effectiveness on a large variety of caster items are also chaning. Some twink items are no longer nearly as twinky.

The +4 To Hit trinkets/goggles and Superior Stability in particular are going up in level from what I recall.

Community Member

heh. interesting that they choose to increase min lvl for the + to hit in particular since its usefulness has been completely destroyed no reason ever to put + to hit at upper levels at least

As for holy/anarchic burst on a good crit profile weapon: 6*10.5/19 = 3.3 per hit for rapier/falchion/kukri
    (and that's assuming u hit on a 2. with the changes the burst will be even better since a greater portion of many toons' hits will be crits)

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    The ML and the effectiveness on a large variety of caster items are also chaning. Some twink items are no longer nearly as twinky.

The +4 To Hit trinkets/goggles and Superior Stability in particular are going up in level from what I recall.
    Nice. All my characters have been true neutral to take adavantage of Superior Stability. I guess my low-level wizzy won't be as protected now.

Quote Originally Posted by grandeibra View Post
    with the changes the burst will be even better since a greater portion of many toons' hits will be crits)
    Not sure that's true since you still have to confirm the critical. Since attack bonus largely doesn't matter anymore we can even pretty much ignore seeker. Let's say seeker gets you 5% better to hit. Comparing no-frills keen falchion:

Currently hit on a 2, after 200 swings you hit 190 times and 57 of those are crits. Crits are 30% of your hits exactly.
    (Originally I was going to say 20 swings hit 19 crit 6, but decided to multiply all by 10 to factor in rolling a 1 while confirming a critical.)

In xpack, let's say hit on an 8, confirm crit on a 7 thanks to seeker. After 200 swings you hit 130 times. 60 of those are potential criticals, and you confirm 42 of them. 42 crits in 130 hits is 32.3%. About the same, with a tiny bump for seeker. Unsurprisingly, without any seeker you would have confirmed 39 criticals in 130 hits which is exactly 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPossum View Post
    Well, I have at least 5 purposefully crafted weapons that will become out of my reach once the expansion hits.

My two construct/portal beaters, my unholy Eladrin/Cholthulzz beater, my giant bane beater, and my pew-pew giant bane bow.

Hoping to get 50 house C favor by tomorrow so I can craft shards of masterful craftsmanship very soon. If not, I'll have to reach level 21 before I can use them again.
    What?!?!?!!?!? are they really going to be messing with my crafted stuff?!?!?!?

nm i read the rest of the posts.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Currently hit on a 2, after 200 swings you hit 190 times and 57 of those are crits. Crits are 30% of your hits exactly.
    (Originally I was going to say 20 swings hit 19 crit 6, but decided to multiply all by 10 to factor in rolling a 1 while confirming a critical.)
    Actually a 1 isn't an auto-fail to confirm. So in most cases any roll high enough to crit in a hit on 2 situation will automatically confirm. Any seeker or other seeker like bonuses will pretty much always make this the case.

Community Member

with a tiny bump for seeker

this and what grem said about 1 not being automiss for crit confirm ^^

None; all I use cannith crafting for is to gear up low levels, and for cheaper DR breakers than MinII's.
    It was the night before Hogswatch....

Optimus Prime/Grimlock 2016 Because in diplomacy, sending in the Dinobots is the only answer.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by azrael4h View Post
    None; all I use cannith crafting for is to gear up low levels, and for cheaper DR breakers than MinII's.
    Vastly superior DR breakers to minII's vs devils as well. A silver HB+5 GEOB is only a sliver behind a LitII after an arti casts silver weapons on it, all that has to happen is for the arti to cast deadly and it puts it in front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Well some more than others

Crafted staves and cloth armor will take the biggest hit and be
    almost instantly outclassed by drop loot.

As for the 'new' types of armor..battle...fey
    Not so much, they craft up just fine...I have tested that
    also, if it says min lvl 8....the lvl calc doesn't start there, that is just the default min
    so you can put several enchants on it before the min lvl starts going up.

also, there are new crafting shards...you just have to browse through them and see what new
    stuff you can add.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Vastly superior DR breakers to minII's vs devils as well. A silver HB+5 GEOB is only a sliver behind a LitII after an arti casts silver weapons on it, all that has to happen is for the arti to cast deadly and it puts it in front.
    Crafted dr breakers are ahead of an artie-silvered lit2. Give the crafted one deadly weapons and it's that much further ahead.