Founder

Default Winner of Build Your Guild Ship Question

So it has been a little over a week since me and my guildies were on and saw the Global Announcements for Endless dinging Guild Levels over and over in a matter of minutes. We were surprised that we didn't see any discussion of it on the Forums and curious how a guild manages to get that much renown in such a short time.

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

They won the build your guild event prize.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    So it has been a little over a week since me and my guildies were on and saw the Global Announcements for Endless dinging Guild Levels over and over in a matter of minutes. We were surprised that we didn't see any discussion of it on the Forums and curious how a guild manages to get that much renown in such a short time.
    Actually it was discussed.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...11&post4523611
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Well, it was announced but the HOW wasn't discussed, which is what I'm asking...
    how what?

it was just a Random Drawing....
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    They won the build your guild event prize.
    I know, see the title of my thread
    Maybe what you and your guildies saw was the prize being awarded? If they where not high enough level to use the ship, the winners where to be leveled up to be able to do so.
    Nomuertos 20/3 Human Wizard Rendu 18 Elf Rogue Rianoc 15 Human Cleric
    Vodaire 18/2/2 Elf Paladin/Fighter Xr-73 12 WF Artificer XR-72 8 Favored Soul Stargrazer 3 Human Druid
    Tahren 16 Drow Sorcerer Life 2 of ?

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    how what?

it was just a Random Drawing....
    From my OP: "...saw the Global Announcements for Endless dinging Guild Levels over and over in a matter of minutes"

I guess no one else noticed, but we saw the announcement for 60 and then like 10/15 min later 70, then a little while later 80...

We only play for 2-3 hours at a time, so it definitely wasn't over the course of even a whole day. We were surprised that a guild could get that much renown in so short a time and I was wondering how one would accomplish that.

Community Manager

From the Build Your Guild page on DDO.com:

***Guilds that are not yet high enough level to purchase an awarded airship will be given a one-time guild level boost that will allow Turbine the ability to award them the airship. Following that award, the guild will continue to earn and lose renown to guild decay as normal.
    Answer is: We awarded them a one-time renown boost to get them up to level 85, which allowed us to then award them the airship. Since there is global messaging for hitting certain guild level benchmarks, the messaging went out one after another as you described (although the messaging went out one after another in a matter of seconds, they were level 85 within a minute or so of us applying the renown.) Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Answer is: We awarded them a one-time renown boost to get them up to level 85, which allowed us to then award them the airship. Since there is global messaging for hitting certain guild level benchmarks, the messaging went out one after another as you described (although the messaging went out one after another in a matter of seconds, they were level 85 within a minute or so of us applying the renown.) Thanks!
    Oh! Thanks so much for the answer! Since the point was to "Build Your Guild" we figured they won the ship FOR reaching 85 in such a short time LOL.

2016 DDO Players Council eris2323's Avatar

I know, see the title of my thread
    I apologize; This is why I shouldn't write forum posts until after First Coffee.

(when I hit edit, the title gets REALLY REALLY REALLY small and I missed it)

Well, it was announced but the HOW wasn't discussed, which is what I'm asking...
    Wrong thread quoted. Try this one where it was discussed: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...41#post4509741

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

If you give renown, i'm assuming you can take it away too? The guild you boosted to level 100 on Sarlona still hasn't decayed to 99 yet.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 06-24-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Community Member

Unfortunately, the decay will cause them to lose renown until return to the level before and can not fill the slots of the ship. Decay system sucks, casual guilds are extremely penalized, do not make sense get 30 days of penalty by just logging the character.
    Nix «» Ratahmahatta «» Capetah «» Fishballcat «» Gertrudes
    Epicos de Eberron - Cannith

Oh! Thanks so much for the answer! Since the point was to "Build Your Guild" we figured they won the ship FOR reaching 85 in such a short time LOL.
    Honestly, that would have made more sense than the system they chose.
    But, y'know. Nothing wrong with helping out small guilds, they need the love, and it doesn't hurt anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    If you give renown, i'm assuming you can take it away too? The guild you boosted to level 100 on Sarlona still hasn't decayed to 99 yet.
    There isnt a cap on guild renown past 100, its quite possible that they shot so far past 100 due to this mistake that, while their renown is decaying fast, they might not see it dropping a level for a month or two.
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"