Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thanks to my guild on the 1yr anniversary of hitting 100

Hard to believe it's been a whole year since we hit that milestone. The best part about hitting 100 was never having to worry about renown again.

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    On Thursday, June 23, 2011, at 7:01pm EST, Over Raided of Orien has become the first guild in all of DDO to achieve guild level 100!

This achievement has required the concerted efforts of a dedicated group of guildies for a considerably long time. I'm amazed at how OR has really thrived over this time. We managed to hit 100 within the one year anniversary of the airships and guild renown which were introduced with Update 5 on June 28, 2010.

I wish I could name you all and not leave anyone out, but I want to thank everyone who has been part of the OR endeavor, past and present.

In particular, I want to thank:

Titanticus: Our founding leader, whose skill, playstyle, and charisma attracted us all to OR.
    Bril: Our fearless leader, who whipped us into shape and led us to 85 and the ultimate airship.
    Vanshilar: Our numbers man, who has been the brains behind not only the horse race, but demystified many of the mysteries of DDO mechanics for our guild and all the others.
    Ying, Ironchef, Selina, Nixvali, and Buffybot: The best officers that any guild ever had. Your skill, dedication, and generosity have inspired me to be a better player.
    Drunkin, Distinct, Zefie, Tarish, Favoritesoul, Golemus, Flamicia, and Fleck: Thank you for always being the best and always demanding the best.
    Almost all of us in OR were new to DDO when it went F2P. Only Titanticus, Flamicia, and Starn had played DDO before Orien went live. The Orien server went live on November 4, 2009. Raiders from Hi Infidelity and Ransacked who did not return to their home servers joined the masses in Epic Fail. Elite raiders from Epic Fail formed Epic which quickly changed its name to Over Raided. All of this happened within the first few months of the server. I was the last of the old EF members to join OR since I was stubbornly trying to help Spanken by organizing and leading guild and pug raids in EF. (Spanken deserves special praise for leading EF all these years. He is one of the most generous, patient, and fair players I have ever met.)

One of the most remarkable things about OR for which I am grateful is the selflessness, teamwork, and leadership displayed by every one if its members. Sure we may be proud, boast-ful, and even arrogant outside the guild, but within the guild there are no egos and no prima donnas. (Did you know you can't write "boast-ful" as one word?) We've had two extremely smooth leadership transitions. While I took over as "leader" in January 2011, I'm more of a primus inter pares (first among peers). Thanks for keeping DDO a game, and not at all like work. I already have a job; I don't need another one. Thanks for not being dependents who need their hand held. I already have a kid, and he's a lot cuter than you guys. There's never been any drama over leadership in OR because almost any member is capable of taking up the reigns, and we all know it and respect each other for it.

I'd like to individually thank:

Ying: The Disciplinator! Ostensibly the "successor" (guild ranks leave much to be desired), Ying's at least as much a leader of OR as I am. He's also the best TR-leveler in DDO. I've gotten multiple PLs on all my toons, including one very close to completionist on Ying's coattails. I really appreciate being able to TR a 3rd+ life toon in one week playing only four hours a night!
    Vanshilar: Everybody loves Vanshilar. He's not only an exquisite numbers man, but he is also extraordinarily mature and wise. Compared to Vansh, I am hotheaded and foolhardy. My only saving grace is that I listen to Vansh's advice whenever he offers it. Also, Vansh not only deconstructs the game mechanics, he can apply his knowledge with expert execution. Two-man hard Abbot (both monks) is his most recent in a long list of extraordinary accomplishments both conspicuous and subtle.
    Selina: The Explorer. Sel loves to explore and tinker, and we love the heads up whenever he finds something we can use!
    Flamicia: Hands down the greatest Wizard on Orien. Who else can Finger Horoth? No one else. Flam is also a tactical genius, not only in builds but in figuring out the most efficient ways to run quests.
    Nix: Terrible healer. Terrible. BUT, I think Nix is officially the most skilled player, not only in OR, not only on Orien, but in all of DDO. He is the ONLY player to have solo'd ALL epic quests! In addition, he set the bar high by completing them flawlessly (0 deaths) and with no hirelings.
    Flavoredsoul: He's changed his name to Epicsoul, but he'll always be Flavor Fav to me! (You'll have to google that if you're not as old as me.) Our once and future recruitment officer, and second best healer in the guild.
    Zefie: Always reliable. Who else can tank shadows, heal the melee tank, and DOT Nythirios at the same time?
    Shataan: A keen mind and an unlimited appetite for raiding! Always questions why we do things the way we do, and is always suggesting new approaches. Shat instantly insinuated himself as a critical team member as soon as he joined. But he's bewildering me with his solo completions of quests like Epic Chains of Flame. When was the FVS icon changed to a bow?
    Gravestones, Turpentine, Faulken: Our newest members have all risen to high standards of the guild. Inquisitive and quick to learn, we are lucky to have you.
    Titanticus, Ironchef, Fleck, Golemus, Erethe, and others who only play intermittently as time and life allow. Anyone who's helped build this team is always welcome home.

Everyone in the guild, from new members to the founding members, continue to grow as players and are constantly raising the bar. OR was the best of the best in 2010. But 2011 OR kicks that old OR's butt. Ditto for 2012 OR. I can't believe we needed a precise party composition for eVON, or that soloing Hard VoD was an accomplishment. But that was the state of the game at the time, back in the dark ages, and we have evolved and excelled with each other's support. I've heard that I was a no-good "newblood" noob that's ruining the guild. That's only half true. I'm not as skilled as Nix or Chef. I'm not as charismatic as Titan. I'm not as smart as Vansh. But OR is better and stronger now than ever. And I have all my guildies, each and every one of them, to thank for that.

Thanks for being people that I don't want to stab in the face. But seriously, thanks for keeping this game fun for me!
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 06-23-2012 at 10:03 PM.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Always questions why we do things the way we do, and is always suggesting new approaches. Shat instantly insinuated himself as a critical team member as soon as he joined.
    Thats the coolest definition of whiner that I ve ever seen

Default Gratz OR!

Wow, dude, jealous much?
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Yay, another 'I'm so awesome' thread, just like karl said.

Always funny to see

Such negativity really is not need needed. Frankly when Prismatic People hit 100 I'm necro'ing the old Prismatic People thread to celebrate. Its not OR got 100, its not that they were able to do amazing feats in raids and quests. Their charm comes from how they challenge themselves. How many people can honestly say they look at grave chance of failure at something and try it anyways?

They don't always succeed on the first time on these feats they show off but its something they work at.

Congrats on your ability to stay on top guys.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

meh. wherever OR goes, drama is sure to follow, one way or another...

whatever the case...

Congrats OR.

regardless if you think they're great, or you think they're the greatest jerks on the server, it's hard not to be at least a little impressed by their accomplishments.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    Does the level 100 guild ship have a popcorn vendor?

Congratulations on staying 100 for a year.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlugger View Post
    Does the level 100 guild ship have a popcorn vendor?
    i dunno. i'm not allowed ORs ship to find it. i suspect it's hidden in the room with the hot tub, tho.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

ummm drama aside...

WELL DONE OR.

Now back to the drama...

Nix is not close to the best player in DDO...

Trap

~Icon~, ~Darkblight~, ~Blaklotus~, ~Trappedn~ and Trapnhaggle

Captain, sensors are indicating an Awesome factor of OVER 9,000!!!

Last edited by Keybreaker; 06-24-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Community Member

This is the drama that doesn't end,
    Yes it goes on and on my friend,
    Some people, started typing it not knowing what it was,
    And they'll continue typing it forever just because...

I have a suggestion for your second year Key!

Let your guild renown drop to level 99
    Get level 100.
    Every day.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Not sure what's so drama-inducing about the OP. It was the one year anniversary of a significant milestone not only for our guild but DDO. Any captain, coach, or manager knows that showing sincere appreciation to ones teammates is good for morale. I stayed positive. In addition to thanking my team, I wanted to demystify OR a bit because there're so few of us, and there's a lot more misinformation than information about OR.

I appreciate the friendly comments. And while not entirely unforeseeable, I'd hope the drama escalators would have better things to do than troll this thread. Isn't there doom coming in less than 24 hours? There must be lots of thread about that, but Veriden made a great one:

Drama and Doom!
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=379558
    Last edited by Keybreaker; 06-24-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Yep. Its inevitable, any guild or player that reaches a certain level of name recognition will have its fans that love to argue, insult, belittle, or troll them. Most of it stems from envy. Its a classic psychological defense: "I must make their accomplishment seem less, so I can feel better about myself." I've found it best to ignore them and let them vent their frustration in a relatively harmless way i.e. the "Don't feed the Trolls" method.

A lot of the younger players tend to treat the game like highschool. They want to be part of the popular group, if they can't get into it they insult it. They'll spread rumors around about it and try to defame it. Players rejected from the guild will continue to spread insults and lies about the guild on vent channels and chats. As I said its a classic psychological defense. I hold no ill will towards the players that do, I remember what it was like in highschool. They'll eventually grow out of it. Its a healthy natural response of the mind at that age.

I find most of these types of players are the same ones that take it personal when you don't immediately take them when they apply to an LFM or get angry when you suggest something that would improve their build. First if you're rejected from an LFM you don't fit what the leader is looking for, for the group at the time, don't take it personal. Its not an attack on your play ability or your ego, its just bad timing. Second if someone offers constructive build advice listen to it and research it, if a player is taking time to try to help you improve, take it as a compliment, they like you enough to help you become stronger. You don't have to act on the advice everyone should play as they want to but please don't take it as an insult.

A sure sign of maturity is when a person stops being jealous of someones accomplishments and instead is inspired to strive to meet or beat that accomplishment. Or can be proud that a fellow player or Orienite was able to accomplish something impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post

Thanks for bringing back horrible memories of lambchops playalong and getting that horrible song stuck in my head again, KV. LOL

i dunno. i'm not allowed ORs ship to find it. i suspect it's hidden in the room with the hot tub, tho.

Send me a tell in game, If I'm not busy I'll let you on for a tour. Sadly there's no popcorn machine.
    Last edited by Vengeance777; 06-24-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Epicstorms View Post
    Yay, another 'I'm so awesome' thread, just like karl said.

Always funny to see
    ... also no tombola nor giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Vengeance777 View Post
    Yep. Its inevitable, any guild or player that reaches a certain level of name recognition will have its fans that love to argue, insult, belittle, or troll them. Most of it stems from envy. Its a classic psychological defense: "I must make their accomplishment seem less, so I can feel better about myself."
    Being possibly read as a "drama escalators" and troll, I'd like to clarify my statement. My intention was not to look your accomplishment look less.

I can assure you, it is not in envy. I mentioned it in various threads already that I am really proud share the server with you guys. It's still great to run with people who are from the first level 100 guild ever. And I am pretty much aware of the fact that my current guild might still have quite some way to go to 100, and I feel fine with this.

I would not consider myself to be a fan in either kind of the two possible notions, but generally I am in the pro-OR camp. But in this particular case, I found it odd to have the congratulation done by yourself - on your birthday, it's other people congratulating you. That was all which was striking me.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Community Member

Since you're not one to thank yourself, I'll do it for you. It seems ages ago now (and I guess it actually is) that Epic severed their ties EF and named themselves Over Raided, but you stayed back and along with Spanken ran frequent raids to teach the remainder of Epic Fail along with PUGs not only how to complete raids but how they could put them together and lead them themselves as well. You were always stood outside shroud when your lfm was up with a bag full of bossbeaters to lend to those who were under equipped, always made sure to ask who was new and explain things in detail and didn't get mad when things went wrong (me watering a fountain in part 3 of shroud early comes to mind, luckily it was in the double fountain room).

Persevering to get Epic Fails first few ToD completions is a strong memory of mine. Crumble and I staying up till 3 or 4AM just so we could be a part of them. Failure after failure after failure yet still we carried on and eventually we got our completion. This doesn't sound like a big deal nowadays but at a time when only Over Raided and perhaps Red Alert had completed it, well it really meant something.

People may underestimate or not even realise how much of an impact you had on this server. Many of the people who learnt the raids under your guidance in EF, moved on to become founding members of a lot of the bigger raiding guilds over the years and in turn have passed their knowledge on to others, who passed it on and on and on.

So whenever I see people bashing OR it makes me smile, not because I agree but because I've run with a variety of it's members both before and after they joined OR and I know that they were and still are good people. Being proud of your achievements is nothing to be ashamed of.

TL;DR: Thanks Key for your dedication to first teaching the server, then helping OR inspire it.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    I found it odd to have the congratulation done by yourself - on your birthday
    English is not my first language either. But if you read the OP, I wasn't congratulating myself on my birthday. I was thanking my guild/teammates on an anniversary date.

I didn't think the difference was that subtle. You can interpret or extrapolate what I wrote any way you want, but what I was directly and explicitly doing was the latter, not the former.

My last comment on the matter is that I think you really believe you are not trolling - that you believe you are doing everyone a favor by nitpicking (based on a subjective and inaccurate understanding of the letter and intent of the OP) - that souring a positive moment is vindicated by your keen insight of the pettiest transgression of some unwritten social convention against breaking the veneer of modesty. When criticizing others, a wise man once suggested, "first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    I would not consider myself to be a fan in either kind of the two possible notions, but generally I am in the pro-OR camp. But in this particular case, I found it odd to have the congratulation done by yourself - on your birthday, it's other people congratulating you. That was all which was striking me.
    I understand your post better now thanks for clearing it up.

It appears you may have misinterpreted the OP. He was thanking his guild mates and other players of Orien that helped. It was not a meant as a self congratulation post but more of a happy birthday to the guild members and nonmembers that helped us.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast