Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.

That's nice and all, but with the AC changes, a lot of melee /1 monk splashes may no longer see that as viable and would prefer to go with armour now.

A +1 heart to at least give us the option of going with armour (or perhaps even the opposite and changing to go armour-less) should be an option. This is a HUGE overhaul, and significantly changes melee.

So this is going live as is then? Another high quality update huh Turbine? Maybe you'll get this whole MMO thing figured out one day.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    A +1 heart to at least give us the option of going with armour (or perhaps even the opposite and changing to go armour-less) should be an option. This is a HUGE overhaul, and significantly changes melee.
    As much as I agree with getting at least some level of + to the LR, you can still wear armor with a Monk level. You'll lose most of the benefits of taking it but at least you'll have the free feat.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Question

... Monday we'll invade Eveningstar
    Does this mean You will be coming ingame?
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

No time limit on it. Just talk to Kruz at your leisure.

Now I will double check with the engineers on whether or not Kruz will still recognize you if you TR and try to come talk to him after.
    Thank you for double checking. I am looking forward to learning what you find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Tolero please confirm that the CE purchase after the 25th WILL STILL contain the 1 greater tome and a lesser for every other toon on an account forever as it was never listed as a pre-order benefit.

The other stuff you mentioned were listed as pre-order benefits on the other hand.
    You'll keep getting those extras on your characters even after the Xpack launches. So yes when you roll up new characters, they'll continue to get redemption tickets in their inventory.

And because this came up in the beta forums wanted to re-remind folks...

Pre-purchase ends Monday, after which time:
    - Standard edition after launch won't include any bonus items (if you already pre-purchased Standard, you're keep getting your bonus items on your current & future characters)
    - Base edition after launch won't include any bonus items (if you already pre-purchased Base, you're keep getting your bonus items on your current & future characters)
    - And here's the really really important one: the ENTIRE collector's edition goes away once pre-purchase is over. (if you already bought it, you'll keep getting your bonus items on your current & future characters)

I've seen a few comments suggesting some folks thought they could get the Collector's just without panthers/infinite lesser tomes after Monday, and that is not the case. After launch the two Xpack options will be Standard & Base edition (sans bonus items).
    Also, not sure what you mean by the tomes not being listed. This is what the CE description says on underdark.ddo.com:

Greater Tome of Learning
    (1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

Lesser Tome of Learning
    (1 free tome per character forever)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +25% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +10% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

Community Member

- Monday is "the day", but that also means the pre-purchase bonuses will go away. If you like the pre-purchase bonuses, this weekend is the last time to get them! You'll still be able to get the Xpack, but not with the battle panthers, masks, pets, and XP tomes. If you're into that, nab it while you still can. If you have friends who you even suspect are into bonus items like that, better let them know so they're not kicking themselves once the bonuses are gone (6+ years later and I STILL routinely get PMs about Founder status so for some of you I know this kind of stuff matters, hence why I'm calling it out).
    But it was free tomes for every character forever was it not? can you PLEASEkeep the preorder tickets in until the update after xpack? That would make all of us preorderers who bought the CE get tomes, masks, xp pots and Black panther hireling. Thats all i really care about :P just want to get the tome and hireling for my Druid, if you cannot do this you could give each person who preordered CE a swag bag ticket for a lesser tome of xp or something?

I really only bought the CE cuz i was told it was free xp tomes forever but guess that was either a lie from my friends, or a lie from turbine.

Please allow us to remdeem them on our druids at the least.

CJ Out!
    G-land Reiain : 20monk(not done), life 2
    Artiforge: 20 artificer/5epic/5magister(not done), life 1
    Cellenthia: 20sorc/5draconic incarnation, life 2 | Cellisianna: 20 druid/5Primal Avatar |Conaught, Celleria, cellisia

Double post.
    Last edited by Paryan; 06-24-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by conanj77 View Post
    But it was free tomes for every character forever was it not? can you PLEASEkeep the preorder tickets in until the update after xpack? That would make all of us preorderers who bought the CE get tomes, masks, xp pots and Black panther hireling. Thats all i really care about :P just want to get the tome and hireling for my Druid, if you cannot do this you could give each person who preordered CE a swag bag ticket for a lesser tome of xp or something?

I really only bought the CE cuz i was told it was free xp tomes forever but guess that was either a lie from my friends, or a lie from turbine.

Please allow us to remdeem them on our druids at the least.

CJ Out!
    You will get them forever if you prepurchased. Tolero is saying after the xpac goes live, a new person will not get these bonuses even if they buy all the parts included in the xpac. Your druid should be fine with getting the bonus items. Look at the post above the quoted one here .
    Agro - Paryan, Pary, Parrii, Parriahh
    Bringers of Darkness

Lets keep it simple: you preordered, you got the bonuses, you keep the bonuses. You wait till after it launches to *buy*, you don't get the preorder bonuses. CE gets some bonuses for being CE, but the stuff that comes with a preorder obviously won't apply.

Through the muddied waters of how people are taking this, and the wording that is used, that is the way I see it rolling out (and if it turns out I am wrong about that, I'll be at the booth handing out the torches personally lol).
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Right, this is a new mechanic going forward. Newbies rejoice!!

Speaking of mechanics, is this a bad time to mention that epic timers are getting dropped down to 2 minutes?
    Really???

Awesome
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

various people assuming that because the preorder period goes away that the benefits they already paid for go with them
    The ability to preorder is going away. Those who preordered keep their benefits.

For a game that requires so much reading I am amazed at all the reading failures that have occurred in this thread.
    Last edited by Phoenix-daBard; 06-24-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Removed specific quotes.

Please consider leaving llaminia up after the patch goes live so we can test our respecs before committing to them on live?

Giving a free one is a good first step....

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    The ability to preorder is going away. Those who preordered keep their benefits.

For a game that requires so much reading I am amazed at all the reading failures that have occurred in this thread.
    ^This.
    The sky is not falling.

Pre-order benefits don't stop just because the game went live.
    Things that explicitly state happens once (as in first character to use the Tome per server), happen once.
    If something states it happens for every character past the first, guess what?
    Every character past the first gets that bonus.

Should be simple, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Coyle still hates you.

Wink Something I'd like to say before the expansion...

Wail of the Banshee is getting (sort of) nerfed?
    Tactical feats are getting upgraded?
    Melees are getting % DAMAGE MITIGATION THAT GOES UP WITH ARMOR CLASS!?

YES!! IT IS THE AGE OF THE MELEE CHARACTER!!! MELEES OF EBERRON, UNITE!!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Wail of the Banshee is getting (sort of) nerfed?
    Tactical feats are getting upgraded?
    Melees are getting % DAMAGE MITIGATION THAT GOES UP WITH ARMOR CLASS!?

YES!! IT IS THE AGE OF THE MELEE CHARACTER!!! MELEES OF EBERRON, UNITE!!!!!
    Cloth wearers still get kicked in the teeth though
    Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Bards don't need mandolins. We can pick from wide variety of performs skills. I choose exotic male dancing.

Community Member

Your pre-purchase tickets will still work after the expansion and you'll still keep getting new tickets every time you make a character.

(yes even if it's years into the future )
    >_< sorry bout what i said earlier, If i was called stupid i deserved it, my mistake for not reading the thread before i reply'd :| Sorry for not paying attention Tolero.

CJ out!
    G-land Reiain : 20monk(not done), life 2
    Artiforge: 20 artificer/5epic/5magister(not done), life 1
    Cellenthia: 20sorc/5draconic incarnation, life 2 | Cellisianna: 20 druid/5Primal Avatar |Conaught, Celleria, cellisia

Default Umm Wow Color Me Impressed

"uncentered monks losing gear buffs"

Top Notch

Really

Tight

Is this a New Feature?

For challenge?

Was wondering when my monk would get <3

/sharp stick in eye

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Tolero did u mean you would come in world and do some stuff??
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Community Member

BTW since I haven't watch these forums for like .. 2 months .. when the racial PrEs will be launched ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345