Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Correct.
    Ty for the confirmation.

That is a shame. My buddy will not like that high pressure tactic to choose whether to return to the game or not (and it would depend on a deal like the CE was). That is just his personality and he has been pretty sick recently so has put off any gaming decisions until he recovers.

Oh well, looks like it is GW2 for him and me gaming together.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Hmm juuuust in the interest of making sure no one missed it but per the pre-purchase page, Collector's edition will not be available after the 25th:

Quote Originally Posted by Pre Purchase Page
    "Limited Time Collector's Edition

Available during pre-purchase only...

Final week to pre-purchase
    You will not be able to get the collector's edition bundle after launch. If you were planning on spending $80 after launch just without battle panthers etc, that is not possible. The entire bundle won't be there for purchase. We'll have Standard (sans bonuses) and Base (sans bonuses).

Community Member

Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.
    How long will this Reincarnation last? Or is it "use in a week" type of thing.

It's the "tomes forever" part that goes away. Collector's edition won't be available after launch, which is the edition that contains the "1 Free Tome per character forever".

Standard and Base will only lose anything that is listed specifically as "bonus", so they will still include a tome.
    Perhaps I ought a be more blunt, as I'm still not seeking the concrete answer I'm looking for. At one point, in the close beta.. Pre-order bonus ticket did not manifest on new-created characters. Admittedly, I see no mention of that in the Lam notes thus far.

That said.. When I purchased my CE.. I took "Free lesesr tome per character, forever" to mean "If I roll up a Druid in 2025, It still get's its panther, mask, tome, ect." I may have been in correct in that thinking.

Summary: Will pre-order ticket's still be issued/redeemable After expansion hit's live?
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    Perhaps I ought a be more blunt, as I'm still not seeking the concrete answer I'm looking for. At one point, in the close beta.. Pre-order bonus ticket did not manifest on new-created characters. Admittedly, I see no mention of that in the Lam notes thus far.

That said.. When I purchased my CE.. I took "Free lesesr tome per character, forever" to mean "If I roll up a Druid in 2025, It still get's its panther, mask, tome, ect." I may have been in correct in that thinking.

Summary: Will pre-order ticket's still be issued/redeemable After expansion hit's live?
    Your pre-purchase tickets will still work after the expansion and you'll still keep getting new tickets every time you make a character.

(yes even if it's years into the future )

Your pre-purchase tickets will still work after the expansion and you'll still keep getting new tickets every time you make a character.

(yes even if it's years into the future )
    /hat-tip.

Sorry to have been a bother ma'am.

Edit: Actually really happy to hear that. I won't say it was the reason I picked top pack, but I did chip out the money without making-damned-well-sure-I-was-getting-what-I-thought-I-was-getting. To whit: Was purchasing with both money, and faith in Turbine. Happy to hear it was faith well spent.
    Last edited by Sgt_Hart; 06-22-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

Quote Originally Posted by meathook2012 View Post
    How long will this Reincarnation last? Or is it "use in a week" type of thing.
    No time limit on it. Just talk to Kruz at your leisure.

Now I will double check with the engineers on whether or not Kruz will still recognize you if you TR and try to come talk to him after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    /hat-tip.

Sorry to have been a bother ma'am.
    Not a problem. It's the very reason I wanted to chat about it today while there's still a couple days for people to make informed decisions.

Community Member

Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.
    <Looks gift horse in the mouth...>

Not that I need it, since most of my builds are pure, but will you be offering some class shuffling once the updated Enhancements hit? Some deeper splashes will be seriously impacted by new PrE tiers and capstone changes.

Quick question -completionists got a true heart of wood last time a new class came out correct? Will the same be happening this time around? Not a big issue but if you have the time be nice to know.

N
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Community Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but what if I preorder now but don't apply the preorder code to my account until after the expansion launches, will we still get the preorder bonuses?

forgive me, but i´m not sure if i got the whole thing,

Basically, we WONT get past the xpack:

-The three cosmetic pets w/ the collars

-The Spider Cult mask

-Phanter hireling.

Is this all we WONT get?

So this means, whenever we create a toon, at any point in the future, will still receive:

-Xp pot

-Lesser tome of xp

Thats it? hope i got it correctly,

Zess
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~Currently away, who knows where i'm gonna be today~

Community Member

Tolero? Not sure if you are able, or allowed to say, but do you have any idea what the expansion is likely to cost once it's live?

I would have preferred to pre-order, but unfortunately the finances are just not there for it at present, kinda sucks because that panther would be wonderful for my playstyle (I solo a lot), but I've accepted that I can't get it.

I'm saving up and adding to my Paypal account as best I can, but am hoping to have a rough idea of how much I need to save up for, gives me something to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zakharov View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned before but what if I preorder now but don't apply the preorder code to my account until after the expansion launches, will we still get the preorder bonuses?
    Think this is what you are looking for, hope to have helped,

Zess
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~Currently away, who knows where i'm gonna be today~

Quote Originally Posted by Zakharov View Post
    As long as you have the code, you're set. You can apply the code after the fact and it's still valid w/ the bonuses intact.

and weird tome of fate drop rates
    Surprised no one commented on this yet, so Fate tomes WILL drop outside of the store? If so it's great news, otherwise it's really a p2w move (there's a lot of threads on this already)...

Any chance xp tome will start dropping as well?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post

-The Spider Cult mask

-Phanter hireling.

Is this all we WONT get?

So this means, whenever we create a toon, at any point in the future, will still receive:

-Xp pot

-Lesser tome of xp

Zess
    You. Cant. *Buy.* Limited Edition. Anymore.

this is all there is to see. Of course it will continue to work if you already bought, you will still get everything you get now when you decide to create a new toon. If you already purchased it, nothing will change for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zess-wolf View Post

-The Spider Cult mask

-Phanter hireling.

Is this all we WONT get?

-Xp pot

-Lesser tome of xp

Zess
    Incorrect. If you already purchased, you keep getting your panthers & masks on your future characters too. It's just that if you try to buy the Xpack later, it's not going to have that bonus stuff.

No time limit on it. Just talk to Kruz at your leisure.

Now I will double check with the engineers on whether or not Kruz will still recognize you if you TR and try to come talk to him after.
    Will this be a new DDO mechanic? Each Charecter has a 1 time lesser Reincarnation (like the feat respec tokens except no new one after TR). By this I mean could we allow new players the chance to fix their newb mistakes after learning more of the ropes of DDO?

For example, I would have liked to know to put diplo on my Wizard but I saw no point at in the slightest at the time. But now I have lots more know-how of how the game works and will be putting more attention into the skills.

Thus, as a hand-hold for new players, you should seriously puting this in as a pernament feature.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Surprised no one commented on this yet, so Fate tomes WILL drop outside of the store? If so it's great news, otherwise it's really a p2w move (there's a lot of threads on this already)...

Any chance xp tome will start dropping as well?
    Very interesting point here. Normally loot drops are not disclosed directly, but since those things are definetily going to hit the store, players should be very interested in this. Currently, the advertisement might as well be

"buy this vast and mysterious powerful item from the store right now for only 900TP! It might or might not drop in any content you might or might not own and its actual value to you might differ, because it could be either exceedingly difficult to acquire or drop like candy whenever you stumble over a breakable in faerun, you really have no way of telling yet!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast