Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Right, this is a new mechanic going forward. Newbies rejoice!!

Speaking of mechanics, is this a bad time to mention that epic timers are getting dropped down to 2 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.
    In the future, if you guys want a better way to do this, give us a token at login and let us hand it into a trader for our choice of a Lesser (with plus modifiers)/True Heart of Wood. Some character mistakes are more fundamental with the mechanics being changed in MotU. (ex. Monk splash builds.)

So, from now on, one free lesser per incarnation?

Speaking of mechanics, is this a bad time to mention that epic timers are getting dropped down to 2 minutes?
    No.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for wildshape!
    • Redo the Favor rewards so there is a reason to do max favor again.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Task Lynnabel with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    Very interesting point here. Normally loot drops are not disclosed directly, but since those things are definetily going to hit the store, players should be very interested in this. Currently, the advertisement might as well be

"buy this vast and mysterious powerful item from the store right now for only 900TP! It might or might not drop in any content you might or might not own and its actual value to you might differ, because it could be either exceedingly difficult to acquire or drop like candy whenever you stumble over a breakable in faerun, you really have no way of telling yet!"
    Honestly, I don't really mind if they are common or very rare. Just knowing if they can drop is enough for me.

Um.. wha?
    Playing on lam & beta there were no timers at all..
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.
    This is good news.

Now the bad news....so everyone will loose their CL and Draconic favor rewards? Or has that bug been fixed yet?

You know, the one where you loose your finishing school bonus and 10hp?

You also loose your one free feat respec if you haven't used it prior to a lesser.
    Last edited by Dragaer; 06-22-2012 at 05:42 PM.

2015 DDO Players Council B0ltdrag0n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Um.. wha?
    There are all of zero epic quests that take 2 minute or less to run. Is this really an issue?
    Officer of Renowned

Default Known Issues with Favor and Lesser Reincarnation Fixed?

Great News.

One important thing though regarding Lesser Reincarnation.

Favor

The Draconic Vitality and Coin Lords Finishing School favor rewards are not correctly applied upon Lesser Reincarnation.

Extratced from Open Beta Known Issues of of June 15th

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376772

Still unaddressed for a fix is the random issue with Argonessen Draconic Vitality and Coin Lords +2 Intim Favor getting lost with while Lesser Reincarnating.

Is this to be fixed before Monday......

If not please make people aware of the potential favor losses involved.

I thank Turbine for giving us the chance to fix some characters heavily impacted by the changes.

But... This favor bug was reported way back U11 and is still not fixed.

Just spreading the word so people dont have to re-grind the 2 specific favors if they get lost via LR.

Thanks again and good luck all
    Thelanis Server Accolyte 21 PL FVS Completionist Super Soul Accelerated 20 PL Completionist Super Sorc Accessory 3 Ranger 3 Sorc 1 Wiz PL Artificer Accusal 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Accxer Mathbane Barb PL Barbarian Acc 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Ctrl 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Archmage Jati 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Tactics Monk Somnath 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Dark Monk

Wait a sec... You mean that, from now on, every new character will get a free lesser reincarnation?

Because that is what he was talking about.

I thought that only existing characters would get the free lesser, just because of the changes on game core mechanics.

In pnp we would just have to throw our sheets in the garbage can, you know.
    Last edited by jejeba86; 06-22-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: clarify
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    Um.. wha?
    that's for testing (you do remember that lam and beta are for TESTING content... right) can't really do any kind of effective test, in any kind of reasonable time frame with live raid timers, its why it takes players months to suss out raid boss stats.
    Rule one: never act incautiously when confronting a little bald wrinkly smiling old man. ~ Terry Pratchett

What did you do with madstone now?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dragaer View Post
    Now the bad news....so everyone will loose their CL and Draconic favor rewards? Or has that bug been fixed yet?
    They will not lose anything. That bug ONLY occurs when you swap out the level at which you received the favor feats for a level in a different class. With a +0 Lesser Reincarnation, swapping levels is impossible, and players are therefore safe from the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    They will not lose anything. That bug ONLY occurs when you swap out the level at which you received the favor feats for a level in a different class. With a +0 Lesser Reincarnation, swapping levels is impossible, and players are therefore safe from the bug.
    Not true and not proven.

refer to Known issues they are there. june 6th 2012 on lammania

If this was really the isolated case then there would be more detail in the know issues on how to prevent it.

A few guild intims respecced for the new intim values and changes in U11 and lost the favor.

No levels were changed at all a straight up lesser heart.
    Thelanis Server Accolyte 21 PL FVS Completionist Super Soul Accelerated 20 PL Completionist Super Sorc Accessory 3 Ranger 3 Sorc 1 Wiz PL Artificer Accusal 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Accxer Mathbane Barb PL Barbarian Acc 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Pale Master Ctrl 3 FVS 3 Wiz PL Archmage Jati 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Tactics Monk Somnath 3 Monk 3 Ftr PL Dark Monk

Quote Originally Posted by B0ltdrag0n View Post
    There are all of zero epic quests that take 2 minute or less to run. Is this really an issue?
    No.
    Just a point of confusion. I'm guessing their code would get too messy to just eliminate the timers completely, so this is the next best thing.

that's for testing (you do remember that lam and beta are for TESTING content... right) can't really do any kind of effective test, in any kind of reasonable time frame with live raid timers, its why it takes players months to suss out raid boss stats
    That doesn't apply though. Unless they just turned off epic timers but not the raid timers. I know this for a fact because +Codeshaper wanted us to run an additional Shroud, but we couldn't, because he/she couldn't get past the timer.

Also, yes, the lesser reincarnate bug will still apply.
    I have a L20 dwarven cleric I have lesser reincarnated a couple of times. (He was my first build, so I was learning.) Yes, I lost the favor rewards. (Draconic HP) Changing classes has nothing to do with it, from what I've seen. I never changed his classes, and still don't have those. (Not that 10 hp is a huge deal to me. Now that I know the bug is there, I just don't reincarnate unless it's a TR.)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSomeQuestions View Post
    They will not lose anything. That bug ONLY occurs when you swap out the level at which you received the favor feats
    ^^This is incorrect.^^

Below is correct.

Favor

The Draconic Vitality and Coin Lords Finishing School favor rewards are not correctly applied upon Lesser Reincarnation.

Community Member

I assume with wont apply to raids. But hey, moar chest farming for us!

Default 2 min?

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and Yay!
    Just curious, why 2 min? a 2 min timer doesn't seem like it will actually do anything besides giving people an even better reason to grab ship buffs between quests...

Quote Originally Posted by meathook2012 View Post
    I assume with wont apply to raids. But hey, moar chest farming for us!
    well it would apply to epic raids... but since epic raids have the 18 hour epic timer and the 66 hour raid timer... taking the epic timer away from them wont impact the raid timer at all sonot really hehe

What is the thought process behind 2 minutes? Seems kind of arbitrary. Why not just make it no timer, or if there is some game mechanic behind it that there has to be a timer...1 minute?

Don't get me wrong, I like that the timer is largely being removed. I'm just wondering the thought process behind the 2 minute number.
    Last edited by BDS; 06-22-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: sp
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    Game development is like sex. If you make a mistake you'll have to support it for the rest of your life...
    Tearrr Warmachene Autocrit Favordarchon Muramusa Restorative Zergjing Zjerging

On A Sailing Ship To Nowhere, Leaving Anyplace...

I forget, does a No + Lesser allow you to switch around when you take your class levels as long as you end up with the same number of levels in each class or do you need a + Lesser to swap around the point you take any class levels even if you intend to keep the same multiclass configuration?
    Anál nathrach
    orth’ bháis’s bethad
    do chél dénmha

Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    Wait a sec... You mean that, from now on, every new character will get a free lesser reincarnation?

Because that is what he was talking about.

I thought that only existing characters would get the free lesser, just because of the changes on game core mechanics.

In pnp we would just have to throw our sheets in the garbage can, you know.
    It sure sounds like it
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast