Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 100
  1. #1
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,537

    Default A few words as we move into MOTU on Monday...

    Alright all, now that Lamannia enters its long slumber until the next preview/beta-ish time, wanted to cover a few last details before launch day...

    - There are some issues that we'll be patching for after the launch. These are fixes that either couldn't make the last build window, or that didn't take hold in the last build (e.g. I'm looking at you madstone wackiness, epic lvl 1 after opening a challenge, uncentered monks losing gear buffs, and weird tome of fate drop rates). Thank you to all players who helped file bug reports and tried out MOTU on Lamannia during beta!

    - The Lamannia forums will be bumped back down the forum list into hibernation, though still open and visible.

    - Monday is "the day", but that also means the pre-purchase bonuses will go away. If you like the pre-purchase bonuses, this weekend is the last time to get them! You'll still be able to get the Xpack, but not with the battle panthers, masks, pets, and XP tomes. If you're into that, nab it while you still can. If you have friends who you even suspect are into bonus items like that, better let them know so they're not kicking themselves once the bonuses are gone (6+ years later and I STILL routinely get PMs about Founder status so for some of you I know this kind of stuff matters, hence why I'm calling it out).

    - That 30% XP bonus is still on this weekend. Also don't forget to complete the Spinner of Shadows quest!

    Thanks everyone for playing on Lamannia, and have fun this weekend! Monday we'll invade Eveningstar

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    D0000000000000000mmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!@@##@#@#!~!!!!!
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  3. #3

    Default

    Are we getting some sort of free respec with the expansion?

  4. #4
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yynderjohn View Post
    Are we getting some sort of free respec with the expansion?
    Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.

  5. #5
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Also don't forget to complete the Spinner of Shadows quest!
    Didn't notice before, but is that a pre-req to going to Forgotten Realms? And if so, does every character need to do it, or is it a once unlock per server?

    Thanks.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  6. #6
    Community Member DemonMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    You'll still be able to get the Xpack, but not with the battle panthers, masks, pets, and XP tomes.
    Wait the XP tomes are part of the pre-order bonuses too? As the adventure packs/tomes/TP are all listed as just being part of the packs (except the CE of course which is pre-order only).

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Didn't notice before, but is that a pre-req to going to Forgotten Realms? And if so, does every character need to do it, or is it a once unlock per server?
    Yes that quest line is required to learn about this whole Forgotten Realms portal thing and get access to the chamber with the portal and the quest line to travel over. I'd hazard a guess it's per character but didn't test.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

  7. #7
    Community Member Sgt_Hart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    - Monday is "the day", but that also means the pre-purchase bonuses will go away. If you like the pre-purchase bonuses, this weekend is the last time to get them! You'll still be able to get the Xpack, but not with the battle panthers, masks, pets, and XP tomes. If you're into that, nab it while you still can. If you have friends who you even suspect are into bonus items like that, better let them know so they're not kicking themselves once the bonuses are gone (6+ years later and I STILL routinely get PMs about Founder status so for some of you I know this kind of stuff matters, hence why I'm calling it out).
    Hope to god I'm mis-reading that.. or at least drawing an inaccurate conclusion when the pre-order page has All along promised:

    Lesser Tome of Learning
    (1 free tome per character forever)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +25% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +10% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.
    Frankly, changing the pre-order bonus mechanic in the first place is a mistake.



    Please turbine, Make the INT check.. It's DC 4 fer christ-sake.
    Hart o Gold Hart o Song
    14 RaS , 6 SaD Guildmaster
    Heroes of Gallifrey | Sarlona
    14 KoTC, 5 DWS 1 Ftr

  8. #8
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Didn't notice before, but is that a pre-req to going to Forgotten Realms? And if so, does every character need to do it, or is it a once unlock per server?

    Thanks.
    Yes, kind of like flagging for a raid, only you "flag" to get into Eberron.
    Yes, each character has to do it, from what playtesting has revealed to me.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  9. #9
    Community Member DemonMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    Hope to god I'm mis-reading that.
    You're misreading, the way the quote is written is saying that the XP tomes are part of the preorder, so if you buy the Standard pack you don't get the one free Greater if you buy it after the 25th. That has nothing to do with the CE's lesser tomes being handed out.

    Frankly, changing the pre-order bonus mechanic in the first place is a mistake.
    Also the pre-order mechanic isn't being changed anyways. Once the 25th hits, it's not pre-ordering anymore, it's just buying. Hence why the CE is going away and some of the bonuses.
    Last edited by DemonMage; 06-22-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

  10. #10
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Didn't notice before, but is that a pre-req to going to Forgotten Realms? And if so, does every character need to do it, or is it a once unlock per server?

    Thanks.
    All characters need to do it once (even if on casual). Quest is free, and also if you already ran it back when U13 launched in February you're good, you don't need to repeat it on Monday.

  11. #11
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    Hope to god I'm mis-reading that
    You are. He means that the ability to preorder the expansion is going away, so you can no longer gain access to XP tomes or any of the other stuff. You'll still continue to get them on every character if you did preorder.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.
    This won't persist through TRs though, correct?

  13. #13
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    Hope to god I'm mis-reading that.. or at least drawing an inaccurate conclusion when the pre-order page has All along promised:
    No, I think he means that you won't be able to buy the tome packages.
    But you should still be getting those tomes from now until whenever on new characters so long as you purchased the x-pac.

    But anyone that DIDN'T buy the expansion pack won't be getting those tomes unless they buy them from the DDO store.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

  14. #14
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Tolero please confirm that the CE purchase after the 25th WILL STILL contain the 1 greater tome and a lesser for every other toon on an account forever as it was never listed as a pre-order benefit.

    The other stuff you mentioned were listed as pre-order benefits on the other hand.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  15. #15
    Community Member PNellesen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.
    That's welcome news. Is there any time limit on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

  16. #16
    Community Member DemonMage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Tolero please confirm that the CE purchase after the 25th WILL STILL contain the 1 greater tome and a lesser for every other toon on an account forever as it was never listed as a pre-order benefit.

    The other stuff you mentioned were listed as pre-order benefits on the other hand.
    The CE tomes are not being changed. The CE itself is completely going away as a buyable option with the 25th. The whole CE is a pre-order thing only.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

  17. #17
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Hart View Post
    Hope to god I'm mis-reading that.. or at least drawing an inaccurate conclusion when the pre-order page has All along promised:



    Frankly, changing the pre-order bonus mechanic in the first place is a mistake.



    Please turbine, Make the INT check.. It's DC 4 fer christ-sake.
    It's the "tomes forever" part that goes away. Collector's edition won't be available after launch, which is the edition that contains the "1 Free Tome per character forever".

    Standard and Base will only lose anything that is listed specifically as "bonus", so they will still include a tome.

  18. #18
    Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    The CE tomes are not being changed. The CE itself is completely going away as a buyable option with the 25th. The whole CE is a pre-order thing only.
    Correct.

  19. #19
    Community Member Cyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    The CE tomes are not being changed. The CE itself is completely going away as a buyable option with the 25th. The whole CE is a pre-order thing only.
    Honestly, I would like a Turbine rep to speak on this not random forum guy #5 no offense intented.

    LoTRO had similar pre-order stuff and it sold those after the release date without the bonus pre-order items. Very similar marketting and such.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

  20. #20
    The Hatchery danotmano1998's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The rainy side of earth
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Honestly, I would like a Turbine rep to speak on this not random forum guy #5 no offense intented.

    LoTRO had similar pre-order stuff and it sold those after the release date without the bonus pre-order items. Very similar marketting and such.
    Psst. Dev Ninja'd you. Look up.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

    Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload