Default A thank you from a nub

Not everyone in the group was from my guild so I figured ddo forums are a better choice than my guild's forums.

I want to thank some awesome helpful people who were there last night in elob. Some are always this helpful, silently, without splash or pompous circumstance. Some I've never partied much with before, but I am always amazed at the kindness of people on Orien.

I'm a nub, newb, noob, oh whatevers you want to call it. My first elob, I came prepared with only a huge stack of heal scrolls and a stack of store sp pots. Didn't realize that I'd be touching any pillars (never have in the past in Hard lob as I was tank healer in all runs in the last 3 months).

1. Dominican/tenfour: superman, gave me some prismatic ray scrolls without a word. Thank you, you made a huge difference! 4 pillars got destroyed by me thanx to you, on top of all the work you and Demara did bringing them down.
    2. Demara: this guy also sneaks pots and stuff in my mailbox when stuff goes to hell in raids we're in. Between him, storm and hulk, they made it so healing is not a permanent TP sink to me. This time, he handed me over a stack of force field scrolls. Those are not easy to find, and I didn't have to use them, but great thinking ahead!
    3. Pheo/Gallina: dude/dudette (idk lol) thanx for the scepter, I can't believe I forgot to pass one from my bank toon before the raid! We did fine and I didn't have to use it... But I had it just in case!
    4. Kv: together with tenfour, he was on the kill team for air and we owned that bad boy! I arrived at my mailbox to find all the sp pots I had used keeping myself alive, rebuffing some peeps, keeping our tank alive... all those pots were in my mailbox. It's nothing maybe to other people, but to me that's kindness. He didn't have to, I didn't keep him alive other then maybe 2 heal scrolls during the main fight and a few during the air fight.

I admit, I wasn't truly prepared for my first elob, and these people's nice gestures made up for my shortcomings.
    We had great teamplay all around, amazing pugs and great play from guildies, those were just my personal little heroes.

Most often when I'm in groups my resources are spent and that's that. I sometimes get pots and things in the mail and I always wish I could pubicly thank those kind souls. Cause I usually see them after the group disbanded and nobody else knows how generous theses people are. In turn, I never hesitate to bring out any toon out for their groups, not because I expect recompense, but because it shows me what kind of people they are.

Thank you all,

The nub.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)

I hope ya realise now what it means when the raid leader says to ´come raid-ready and prepaired´
    Ya did a great job, as usually, hunny
    Keep up the good work, its an honor having you in our raid-team and ya have earned your spot
    Server: Orien
    Mitu - Wizard (16th life)
    Mitwo - Rogue Shadar-Kai (30th life) - completionist
    Swiing - Artificer (10th life) Supherring - Sorcerer (6th life)

Community Member

Don't mention it, mnemonic pots are not a concern for me.

Having been a long time favored soul who has healed new and difficult raids, I understand being in the shoes of a blue bar digging into their own stash of sp pots. More often than not, nobody cares or compensates blue bars for doing their part in raids, even though their role is often overshadowed by rockstar roles like tank or kiter.

Without arcanes kiting trash or tossing out buffs or performing in other ways, it hurts the group by unfairly straining healers to make up the slack. When they can't, they get blamed for group failures like we hear about everywhere in game and forums.
    I mail pots to blue bars so they don't have to take a personal hit at the expense of the group, win or lose. Thanks for making the raid run smoother by being a team player.

A while back I actually heard of a "tank tax" where the tank collects a tithe for his rockstar awesomeness.

I haven't seen it in action, just heard about it.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

50k in heal scrolls alone and he wants a tank tax? Oh my! :P

Macho is a super nice guy, he always looks after the blue bars, wants to make sure resources are given back, has been hosting pug lobs for quite some time... I highly suspect a tank tax did not enter his mind.

Elob is especially not the place for such ridiculous ideas. Pots, scrolls, wands, loads of consumables in that raid, it's an expensive endeavor.

I wasn't the tank though, so I'm not entirely sure where the tank tax comment came from... or how it is on topic, Key.
    Toons on Orien:
    Daemonav Atreides: WF artificer (TR 2/14)////Irullan Atreides: human FvS (TR 2/?!?)////Lorrellei Atreides: human ice/acid sorcerer////Aliademon Atreides: elf PM necro/enchant wizzie (TR 2/8)