Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

5 dollars say that there will not be any issues (bugs) when purchasing new items from motu. To bad the same can't be said for the content. Again, Turbine's priorities seem a little skewed.

Anyways, putting an item into a loot table with a 0.000001% chance of dropping is just laughable but apparently all Turbine needs in order to legitimately say it's in there.

It's kind of scary how many people bought the 'preorder' thinking something of quality was on the horizon.

I should try to sell bags filled with broken things for 30/50/80 usd's on a corner somewhere. Seems to be a big enough market for that sort of thing. PT Barnum and all that.

I would personally like to thank Turbine for getting me to play M:tg again.
    Snakpak-Anslet-Gretto-Ardrhys
    Dnb-Neurotech-Caniponu

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    I posted a thread about the pay-to-win Fate tomes. Those items cross the line.

Without buying one, several potentially powerful Twist combinations are impossible, such as a Tier 4 twist, a Tier 2 one and a Tier 1 one.

I'm getting concerned that some of the other items skirt the LOTRO-style 'make the game suck unless you buy X, Y and Z from the store' - particularly the whole 'Want Magister on your totally non-melee FVS? Then grind melee destinies' thing.
    I doubt that you need these tomes to "Win the Game". Plus it's quite clear that there are existing mechanisms to convert in game items into TP.

Game aspects like WF or Monk are not available via in game loot. So to a degree I'm happy enough with this in the store. When they release further EDs down the track I'm sure it will be possible to get more Fate Points.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    This is NOT an mmorpg. You are never really in a gameplay instance with more than 11 other people. The fact that MMORPG publications allow DDO to proclaim itself as such is a technicality. No real gameplay occurs in the public instances that allow large numbers of people (and even these public instances are divided up into too-small-to-be-considered-massive sections).
    Matter of perception and definition. Limitations on the amount of people actually working together will always be there, technical reasons. Wheter it's 12 or 12,000. I do play with a huge amount of others (always selecting a tiny subset for a quest), my character does develop over time as do the others. So yes, it IS an MMORPG to me.

As I said before, how I think about fate tomes strongly depends on cap or not. If they go beyond cap, it'll hurt the game from my viewpoint. I won't leave, I'm too hooked up and spent tons of time. I might even buy the tome.

But it would make it a lot less likely that I recommend the game to others and I will warn them about this trappy thing before they ever play. So far the fact that you can't get anything from store that's truly game changing has been an advertising point to me. (I don't consider things like SP pots from store as long as a competent group considers a run where any non plat buyable pots *must* be used a bad one.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nagantor View Post
    it IS an MMORPG to me.
    Sadly, ddo is not considered an mmorpg.
    The combat area's are instanced and the public areas are nothing more then a graphical lobby. Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    Sadly, ddo is not considered an mmorpg.
    The combat area's are instanced and the public areas are nothing more then a graphical lobby. Just saying....
    Whether or not it is, this is how I prefer it.

I hate competitve, open zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    I wonder what perverted logic could be used to decide that making a game stop really being a game was a good idea.
    It's called "marketing". And yes, it is at times some perverse logic.
    We've got three kinds of players here: Those who play DDO like it's WoW, those playing like it's Dungeons & Dragons, and those playing like it's a generic first person shooter. Choose your advice accordingly.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyHumps View Post
    People still climb mount everest even though people have done it before, does that diminish their achievement? No. But if someone were to add an elevator to the top don't you think it would? The concept is similar for this and the DDO store. Can you please stop asking me questions you can easily answer yourself if you took two seconds to think about it?

edit: clarity
    People still consider swimming the English Channel a rather amazing achievement despite the fact that there are planes, boats and even cars that cross it many time each day.

Not to compare that in any way to grinding something out in a rather easy video game. But some seem to take their grinding "achievements" pretty darn seriously around here without, apparently, recognizing that the only achievements that really matter are those on Turbine's quarterly reports.

This expansion is full of things far more worthy of internet complaining than this. What do I care if someone pays Turbine money to avoid a grind. Hell, I'd shell out a couple bucks to buy an item that would change the random attributes on some of the new items they are putting in the game.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

EDIT: nevermind. Was misunderstood by the poor wording of how the epic destinies worked.
    Last edited by HastyPudding; 06-26-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pfold View Post
    5 dollars say that there will not be any issues (bugs) when purchasing new items from motu. To bad the same can't be said for the content. Again, Turbine's priorities seem a little skewed.

Anyways, putting an item into a loot table with a 0.000001% chance of dropping is just laughable but apparently all Turbine needs in order to legitimately say it's in there.

It's kind of scary how many people bought the 'preorder' thinking something of quality was on the horizon.

I should try to sell bags filled with broken things for 30/50/80 usd's on a corner somewhere. Seems to be a big enough market for that sort of thing. PT Barnum and all that.

I would personally like to thank Turbine for getting me to play M:tg again.
    You sir owe me 5 dollars.

Bought a +2 tome to get a jump on my twists, and nada, click on it nothing happens.
    Blind Faith

Noheels,Ravenwind-Sarlona,FirstOfOne,Kraagg

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    Take a loot at lotro, turbine's other game.

P2W or not, to get traits (which are a little like DDO's feats IMO) you need to pay 95TP for each slot. Thats 1,520TP per character.
    I got a crapload of TP in lotro through normal (i.e. not too much grind) play though. If you don't intend on buying content with grinded TP in lotro, the free TP you get just normally playing more than cover any needs your character will have.

Also, VIPs in lotro get unlocked trait slots for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    Maybe I'm mistaken, but my understanding is that there is no in-game way of getting a fate tome.
    That is incorrect. Tomes of Fate can drop in the game.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Are they on the same loot chance as other stat tomes, or are they on the even rarer random loot table of DDO store items?

It makes a big difference.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Okay players, can anyone confirm a drop ingame?
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyr View Post
    Okay players, can anyone confirm a drop ingame?
    I pulled 20 tome of fate fragments!

(This is a joke on the single drop astral diamonds that are useless until you pull 5 of them over the next 2 years)

Community Member

Just dropping in to say that I find it amusing that people keep using the word "lazy" to describe the people who work and earn money and pay to buy things that helps support the game so that us lazy people can sit around play all day.
    The Silver Legion - Guild Medieval
    Arisan - Arisanna - Arisanto - Arisgard - Betatest
    Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
    Are they on the same loot chance as other stat tomes, or are they on the even rarer random loot table of DDO store items?

It makes a big difference.
    this. A one in a million with all stars aligned chest specific btc drop in an epic elite raid does hardly qualify for being available outside the store. By the letter it would of course, but if there is no reasonable chance to ever attain one, that would be.. meh.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Are we talking stat tome drop rate, or heart of wood drop rate?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    [*]New SP pots: The current store pots were already better than the existing Major Mnemonics because they had a smaller range (much higher average), but weren't strictly better than the loot we can find in the game. Are their new Mnemonics dropping in-game now? I haven't heard of anything to this effect on Lamannia. So now the store items are clearly much better?[/LIST]
    Looted one in epic hard optional chest in the new web quest before you get to FR.
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhaven View Post
    Looted one in epic hard optional chest in the new web quest before you get to FR.
    Looted one myself in an elite level 11 or 12 quest last night. Can't remember which one.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast