I'm not usually one to cry "Capitalism!" when Turbine does something that looks to lead to store purchases, but it's hard not to when viewing the new stuff in the store.
- Epic destinies: So, we get a rather significant grind, and a really irritating mechanic, for moving from one destiny to another, and being forced into certain spheres based on our class make-up, even if we don't want to start in that particular sphere, and the DDO store gets some items that let us skip these really irritating mechanics. Oh, and despite many players being rather vocal about these annoyances on both the Closed Beta forums and Lamannia forums, I haven't seen any dev post explaining why we have the arduous 3 or 4 levels needed to unlock adjacent destinies/spheres, which lends more weight to this being a money-making move. Again, I'm not against Turbine trying to make money, but this is a really low way of doing it.
- Fate points: Like the above, we receive a hefty grind, that is likely to dissuade many people from pursuing more than a few fate points, and then get some unlocks in the store. These at least feel like a bonus, rather than a complete work-around, but still seems kind of underhanded.
- Destiny swap: In-quest destiny swapping via the store? I dislike the store circumventing mechanics so thoroughly. Buying Thieves' tools because you ran out is one thing, Spirit Cakes because you died, fine...we have resurrection items, and the self-rez is a nice boost for soloers, but mid-quest destiny swapping? Not a fan of this being a store-only mechanic. We should either be able to do this somehow without the store, or not at all.
- New HP pots: Players have been clamoring for better healing options for non-casters. CSW (and even CCW) pots just don't really cut it when you have 400+ HP, so now we're getting pots that can heal for as much as 80 HP, before healing amp, in the store (likely going to be between 80 and 100 HP for many characters), that don't have an in-game analog as far as I can tell. If you want to be able to heal yourself, and don't have a blue bar and healing abilities, spend TP.
- New SP pots: The current store pots were already better than the existing Major Mnemonics because they had a smaller range (much higher average), but weren't strictly better than the loot we can find in the game. Are their new Mnemonics dropping in-game now? I haven't heard of anything to this effect on Lamannia. So now the store items are clearly much better?