Community Member

Default Bug with Shillelaugh Spell

I noticed a bug with Shillelaugh today when casting it on my 2(1d6) wooden quarterstaff.
    There was no damage increase at all.
    The Shillelaugh buff icon apeared in the upper corner but the buff description on the icon did not apear and testing the damage on some enemys confirmed that.

Then i tested it on a normal 1d6 wooden quarterstaff and the spell worked fine.

Tested it also on some other wooden weapons like scepter and greatclub.Did not work on them when the damage profile was better then normal.

It seems whenever the weapon has an enhanced damage profile like all the level 20+ loot gen weapons, it is not working.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

out of curiosity, does the shillelagh spell show up whether you put it on a weapon that can accept it or not?

if so, the quarterstaff in question could actually be a steel one.

Community Member

As i said above i tested it on several weapons. I know it has no function on non-wooden weapons.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    I noticed a bug with Shillelaugh today when casting it on my 2(1d6) wooden quarterstaff.
    There was no damage increase at all.
    The Shillelaugh buff icon apeared in the upper corner but the buff description on the icon did not apear and testing the damage on some enemys confirmed that.

Then i tested it on a normal 1d6 wooden quarterstaff and the spell worked fine.

Tested it also on some other wooden weapons like scepter and greatclub.Did not work on them when the damage profile was better then normal.

It seems whenever the weapon has an enhanced damage profile like all the level 20+ loot gen weapons, it is not working.
    Did you file a bug report?

I only ran tests on regular d6 quarterstaves as well. It would suck if this spell didn't work on higher lvl staves since I am preping a build around that idea.

Community Member

it only works on wooden weps, that is Working as intended, not a bug.

remember that!

CJ out!
    G-land Reiain : 20monk(not done), life 2
    Artiforge: 20 artificer/5epic/5magister(not done), life 1
    Cellenthia: 20sorc/5draconic incarnation, life 2 | Cellisianna: 20 druid/5Primal Avatar |Conaught, Celleria, cellisia

Community Member

It does not work with vertigo, sunder and deception, that I've personally seen -- Probably other similar suffixes. These quarterstaves do not display the extra damage when examined. I've sent a bug report...