Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Here's a slightly expanded version of Cyrean's history from the one in her ingame bio:

"She" was created by House Cannith as part of Cyre's military during the Last War. She was designed to be a combat medic for the "fleshie" troops. Her designers gave her high survivability, some combat ability, and a female voicechip (apparently they thought that would help put the wounded more at ease during treatment). They didn't bother giving her much theological training, just generic "Sovereign Host". When Cyre was rendered uninhabitable to humans, she was abandoned along with the rest of the warforged troops, and found herself in the company of warforged who she couldn't heal effectively and who were generally hostile to "fleshies". Still motivated largely by her programming, Cyrean left the Mournland to find some purpose more to her liking than "death to all fleshlings" (a common motto of the followers of the Lord of Blades).

After leaving the Mournlands, she wandered through several regions of Khorvaire, trying to find work as a healer, only to find that most people viewed warforged almost exclusively as killing machines, and preferred to get their healing from House Jorasco (which wasn't interested in hiring an ex-military unit that might secretly be programmed to kill enemies of Cyre instead of healing them). During her wanderings she acquired her name (Cyrean was one of many nicknames attached to her during this time, and one she preferred to Nannybot or Docbot) and a slightly more sophisticated understanding of theology. She still follows the Sovereign Host as a pantheon, but has more definite leanings toward Boldrei (god of Community) and Onatar (god of Artifice and the Forge) than previously.

Finding Khorvaire seemed to have no use for one of her particular origin and talents, she eventually decided to try her luck in the less settled region of Xen'Drik, hoping the treasure-seekers and explorers there would be less choosy about their healers than the citizens of the civilized nations of Khorvaire. Upon arrival, her ship was destroyed in a dragon attack, and she set about helping the people of Korthos village free themselves from the dragon and the sahuagin Devourer cult that seemed to be using it. It was near the end of this series of adventures that she encountered the mysterious barbarian Gelora, who thus far has been very reluctant to speak of her past, and the halfling rogue Teranaret, who seems primarily interested in acquiring wealth.

Cyrean's motivations so far are fairly simple - she seeks a community to take care of (still following the remnants of her original programming, but with elements of Boldrei worship thrown in). She would be delighted to find a group of people who would actually take her in and treat her as a valued comrade, but at this point her expectations are so low she'll settle for just being accepted as a robot healer and not presumed to be some sort of psychotic killer war machine. As for what she looks for in others - she's quite tolerant, though she does tend to take it for granted that everyone is inclined to be law-abiding (can cause some misunderstandings with the rogue). As her understanding of the spiritual world deepens, she's likely to develop an interest in discovering and thwarting the plots of cults of the Dark Six (such as the Devourer cult in Korthos).

So how many of you can make it Saturday 11 am?

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzie View Post
    So how many of you can make it Saturday 11 am?
    11? I thought Speo wasn't able to make it that late so we were aiming for 8 or 9?
    Either way, I can make it on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    11? I thought Speo wasn't able to make it that late so we were aiming for 8 or 9?
    Either way, I can make it on Saturday.
    Right. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
    So: Saturday 8 or 9 am... Who's in?

I'm totally in. I'll be on at 8:30 on Saturday and I can stick around until 11.

Great, so three of us will be there this Saturday. Looking forward.
    GnollsNotTrolls, where are you?

I suggest not recruiting anymore. Three is plenty, if we have the right classes. And it is easier to coordinate. And new recruits tend to disappear...

Since GnollsNotTrolls was the one, who wanted to play on weekends... what if we go back to the holiday weekday schedule from next week? I'd prefer to play from 10 am rather than 8. (But I will find a way to play at 8, if needed)
    Last edited by Quizzie; 08-02-2012 at 03:45 AM.

I'm cool with doing a Monday/Tuesday thing for the remainder of the summer. Mon tues are best days for me anyhow. Also, I'm going out of town on the 9 for a week so we could even do the 4th then 6or7th and then 20 or 21st. That would have most of the rest of the summer nailed down, what say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Speo View Post
    I'm cool with doing a Monday/Tuesday thing for the remainder of the summer. Mon tues are best days for me anyhow. Also, I'm going out of town on the 9 for a week so we could even do the 4th then 6or7th and then 20 or 21st. That would have most of the rest of the summer nailed down, what say you?
    I say yay.
    What about the time on the Mondays/Tuesdays? Would 11 am be ok?

11 would be fine with me.

ok. 8/4 at 8:30
    8/6 or 8/7 at 10 or 11
    8/20 or 8/21 at 10 or 11

I guess Razorbad & Muldroon have moved on. That's too bad, I like Razorbad's backstory, and it would have been really nice to have an arcane

We can try it with the 3 of us for now, and if it looks like we need more reconsider recruiting later.

Community Member GnollsNotTrolls's Avatar

Unhappy Sorry everyone!

Work and family got crazy the last two weeks and I haven't been on. Even missed my established Wednesday night. I didn't mean to leave you all hanging like that.

I won't be able to commit to the group (even though I really want to). 80% of the time, I won't be able to make the times you guys are available because of work.

That said, I'll continue watching the thread. I really like the druid so I'll keep playing him solo. Maybe he could meet up with your group on occasion to work towards common goals (OOC- when I get a chance to be on during your meeting times). I'll post on the board to request an invite. But if guest adventurers doesn't work for your party dynamics, I totally understand.

Hope to see stories of this group on the forum!

I totally understand that real life is (at least most of the time) more important than gaming. But next time please leave a message here on the forum saying that you're busy and that you're still interested in the group. We thought you disappeared like Muldroon and the others.

Actually a guest roleplayer is exactly what we've been talking about today. I would like you joining us once in a while.

Did you mean, that you wouldn't be able to meet up regularly, even if we met only on weekends?

Hey guys,
    I don't think we decided on Mon or Tues for this week coming up. If we can work it, Tues works better for me. If it's gonna be monday then I would need either an earlier or later start, I have an appt at 11:30-12:30. Tues though, all good. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Speo View Post
    Hey guys,
    I don't think we decided on Mon or Tues for this week coming up. If we can work it, Tues works better for me. If it's gonna be monday then I would need either an earlier or later start, I have an appt at 11:30-12:30. Tues though, all good. Let me know.
    I thought we said Monday at 10 am... But ok.
    Monday 12:30 is possible. But Tuesday is fine for me too.
    Arianrhod, what do you say?

I thought we said Monday at 10 am... But ok.
    Monday 12:30 is possible. But Tuesday is fine for me too.
    Arianrhod, what do you say?
    I could do either time, but would prefer the Tuesday 10 am time just because that gives me a chance to play kid-free (They'll both be home by Monday 12:30)

And, yeah, I thought we said Monday at 10 too, but part of the reasoning was so we could fall back on Tuesday if need be

Good. Tuesday, 10 am.

Community Member GnollsNotTrolls's Avatar

I totally understand that real life is (at least most of the time) more important than gaming. But next time please leave a message here on the forum saying that you're busy and that you're still interested in the group. We thought you disappeared like Muldroon and the others.

Actually a guest roleplayer is exactly what we've been talking about today. I would like you joining us once in a while.

Did you mean, that you wouldn't be able to meet up regularly, even if we met only on weekends?
    I won't be able to meet regular unless the time is sunday night EST. Sorry everyone, with family and work my weekdays and weekend days are full except some evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by GnollsNotTrolls View Post
    I won't be able to meet regular unless the time is sunday night EST. Sorry everyone, with family and work my weekdays and weekend days are full except some evenings.
    Evenings EST are not possible, sorry. Example:
    7 pm - 10 pm EST (you) ---> 1 am - 4 am Central European (me)

Speo... If you're really worried about your build, try this: http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/DDOCharGen.html
    It can be more addictive than the actual game.

EDIT: Maybe don't bother building a build right now. I just found out that enhancements will be completely changed during August. Changed into WoW-like trees. :-P
    Last edited by Quizzie; 08-06-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Excellent tues at ten. Thanks for the link Quizzie. I have spent a fair bit of time messing around with the online character builder but I suppose I should really just put planning on hold till the dust settles.

Cyrean paced restlessly along the dock in the early morning rain. It was nice to have found some companions in Stormreach, ready to aid the citizens with their, er..."dragon" problems. Gelora's enthusiasm for exterminating the dragonkin might not turn out to be especially well-thought out, she mused, but at least it got them steady work. Guard Jung, Garrison, Durk, even Guard Crichton had sent them on missions over the past weeks. The "Kobold Assault" had proved somewhat overwhelming, but after meekly requesting a less hazardous deployment, the crew had managed to get the job done. After that, clearing a few vermin out of Haverdasher's place had seemed a little too easy.

She wondered where the other two had got to. Celebrating? Sleeping? One never could guess how the fleshlings would decide to spend their free time. Probably not sitting at the bottom of the harbor counting the different colored fish as they swam by. Some people just didn't know how to relax, she mused.

Turning a corner, she passed the perpetual crowd by the crack in the wall, and spotted Harbormaster Zin outside the Waterworks, asking for volunteers to search for a couple of lost children. Now there was a mission worth doing. She'd have to take it up with the others when she found them again. Maybe the rogue could be convinced that influence with the Harbormaster would be a useful thing to get.

(So - next session - any preference yet for 20th or 21st? 10 or 11?)
    Last edited by Arianrhod; 08-11-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast