Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzie View Post
    Having a caster is nice, but is it necessary? Maybe we could play just the four of us. The more players, the harder it is to coordinate.
    True, true. I just like it.

Community Member

Oh i was planning to be multiclass. It does'nt matter i like my pure rogue aswell but he deffo is'nt going to be lev 5 by sat. I'll read the rules and adjust. But this week you are meeting Azzmdeo. The no twink gear is easy as i don't have any. Its also not easy trying to level solo (without lovely ship buffs) because i wanted to test my skills out lol.

I arrived in Stormreach amongst many in a packed Cargo Ship. It was difficult with no family or friends to ask for help. The manners and customs of this new place confused me and still do. It soon became clear though that even with rules and law everyone to me anyway, seemed to do whatever was needed when it came to putting food in their belly. That did'nt interest me i wanted more, so steal and sneak was the way i chose. My first few years in the bustling city let me become at ease with life. After i learnt my rogueish skills they served me well for 2 years untill the influx of new faces. Soon after things changed. I found myself drawn to these various humanoids and learnt a new trade mixing what i new already knew with new exciting skills which seemed 2nd nature to me.

See you all on saturday :-)
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

So... which adventure are we doing next?

I've already bought the Phiarlan Carnival, which is for level 5. And though I haven't heared a review from anybody, it sounds amazing:

"The lights and glitter of the Phiarlan Carnival hide a terrible darkness, and you have front-row seats to the show! When a mysterious carnival brings its sinister plans to House Phiarlan, only you can go backstage and discover the truth. Meet colorful characters, engage in intrigue and politics, fight your way through dangerous carnival grounds, and battle the alluring and dangerous Malicia under the big top! Includes four extensive dungeon adventures."

Or any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzie View Post
    So... which adventure are we doing next?

I've already bought the Phiarlan Carnival, which is for level 5. And though I haven't heared a review from anybody, it sounds amazing:

"The lights and glitter of the Phiarlan Carnival hide a terrible darkness, and you have front-row seats to the show! When a mysterious carnival brings its sinister plans to House Phiarlan, only you can go backstage and discover the truth. Meet colorful characters, engage in intrigue and politics, fight your way through dangerous carnival grounds, and battle the alluring and dangerous Malicia under the big top! Includes four extensive dungeon adventures."

Or any other suggestions?
    Ooh, I've always wanted to do that one! I was going to get it with my built up turbine points, but someone told me Red Fens was better.

I love Phiarlan Carnival, would be very happy to do that one

Red Fens is probably a better investment for someone who can't get both, though, because the rewards are better and it has an explorer zone.

Of course, we can do the Carnival now and Fens later

Wow, just looked at the end rewards, and I bet Azz wishes he could wear clothes for that utility vest.

Lets do both then.
    I've already written somewhere in this thread which packs I own so far, but here they are:

Shan-to-Kor, Phiarlan Carnival, Tangleroot Gorge, The Demon Sands, Attack On Stormreach, The Ruins of Gianthold, The Vale of Twilight, The Reaver's Reach and The Devils of Shavarath

I still have a few points ready, if I need them for a different pack.

Community Member

I like the carnival chain, esp the one where you help Brawnpits the Giant. I like the red fens too. Carnival are quite long quests and difficult , we will have to be careful. I think we would only complete 1 or 2 of those quests a week. Later Stormreach is one of my favs.
    What level are you all now ? so i can catch up. I'll make sure my rogue skills are a little better. Remember some treasure chests are trapped(remember the sharp spike in the catacombs Ragma). From an RP point i don't remember where all the traps are(in real life i don't either).
    Doing the last part of tangleroot on normal was too easy . It was only my rogue skills that caused a problem. What do you all think about Not doing normal difficulty?, if a quest later in a chain is higher level it would be better to leave it and come back.

Guild renown decay rule has changed. It is now a set amount based on guild level Not size. Small/med guild bonus still applies. This is probably why now, larger guilds are happy to accept people who don't play often.
    Last edited by SlowDM; 01-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDM View Post
    I like the carnival chain, esp the one where you help Brawnpits the Giant. I like the red fens too. Carnival are quite long quests and difficult , we will have to be careful. I think we would only complete 1 or 2 of those quests a week. Later Stormreach is one of my favs.
    What level are you all now ? so i can catch up. I'll make sure my rogue skills are a little better. Remember some treasure chests are trapped(remember the sharp spike in the catacombs Ragma). From an RP point i don't remember where all the traps are(in real life i don't either).
    Doing the last part of tangleroot on normal was too easy . It was only my rogue skills that caused a problem. What do you all think about Not doing normal difficulty?, if a quest later in a chain is higher level it would be better to leave it and come back.

Guild renown decay rule has changed. It is now a set amount based on guild level Not size. Small/med guild bonus still applies. This is probably why now, larger guilds are happy to accept people who don't play often.
    I never opened a chest without you checking. i started one, then remembered. But either way, thanks for the tip.

I am still level 5, as I believe the others are. I am more than ready for 6, but I can hold off as long as necessary.

Not doing normal is fine. It was just the fact that the last level of Tangleroot was said to be level 7 that stopped me. That level notice should be changed.

I agree with playing on hard/elite once we have a full trapper. I'd like to play on the upper border of our abilities, so that we risk failing, but have a reasonable chance to win.

Also, we should get used to letting Azz run first in stealth. And we shouldn't rush, leaving Cyrean behind- like it happened a few times this Saturday.

Azz, will we pretend we knew your new character all this time, or will it be a new introduction to our group?

I agree Normal was too easy...afraid I was remembering it the way it used to be many years ago when charging into those side rooms to get the keys would get you killed by a pack of perching hobgoblin casters. Didn't realize how much it had been toned down.

I realize the difficulty of traps is frustratingly higher than the difficulty of the quest in general in many cases, but if Azz doesn't mind buying (or being given) a little decent rogue gear (spot goggles, maybe? heh) and the rest of us don't mind occasionally dying in traps and having to figure out how to get the stones to shrines, I have no problem with playing on higher difficulties. Anyway, it won't be all that much longer before Cyrean will be able to use Raise Dead scrolls as an alternative to daring the trap to retrieve the soulstone

As for Carnival, I agree the quests are quite long, especially for a group that likes to explore thoroughly rather than racing to the objectives. I was pretty much expecting to manage one of them a week. I suppose two is possible, but I wouldn't count on it - it can take some time to find things, and there can end up being quite a lot of backtracking along the way.

Community Member

Its annoying having to use a new name when i get my character's wrong. I find it amusing that after being a DM for many years i'm rubbish at building DDO character's :-). I was told to try 2 levels of rogue with an arti so i get evasion, it works better at evading spells thats for sure and i did manage to get 1 soulstone. They get a lot of Buff spells which i think will help, bulls str certainly helped our powerful fighter's.
    I really really like arti's , its when they have to actually get past the trap to disable, thats their biggest fault.
    Well Sarlona it is this week then, getting things correct.
    Hopefully i'll find some better rogue items this week.
    Last edited by SlowDM; 01-14-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Community Member

My pure rogue should be lev 5 today ready to adventure. I'll fit in with Drawn by fate guild rules then :-). He's off to Tangleroot now worried about facing angry orc's.

Not luck in finding better rogue items except 2 more disable device 5 :-/

Azzmdeo has trained hard to improve his skills and is ready if needed.
    Last edited by SlowDM; 01-19-2013 at 04:32 AM.

Name and race of the new character? It appears to me that Phiarlan carnival has a ton of good rogue gear for the non-warforged.

Community Member

Azzune a half elf , attracted to to the wonders of House Phairlian. My first quests were 2 visits to splinterskull fortress. Both times i ventured further into the fortress than Urguz was paying me(or rather still has;nt paid me) for. I crept with soft footsteps, even holding my breath past the wolves. Suddenly my sense's spooked me and good reason 2 rather nasty traps rhat took all my skill to disable. Wiping sweat from my brow i rounded a corner to see half a dozen or more snarling bugbears. Hmm i'd done what i needed but that treasure chest looked to good to miss. Sneaking next to a spellcaster i made my move. Before they could react 2 spellcasters were down. They just spotted me as i leapt off the ledge, treasure stuffed in my pockets. The snarles and shouts seemed footsteps behind me. I ran for my life and expertly escaped. So i was happy i'd survived that and found extra treasure.

I'll be in the theatre watching a play.

Community Member

And so began a new adventure.
    Ragma tapped me on the shoulder and said 'well met'.(Rather faster than his short legs would have you think, with an eye for treasure and keen sense's too, spotting stonework that reveals a hidden door). I was pleasantly surprised when a dwarf, half orc and warforged all enjoyed the play, even if we did'nt quite understand it. Maybe in the future we'll learn more about the Stormreaver.
    On our way out of the Playhouse we stopped to speak to the producer of the play. He was quite stressed and after further talks an unusual quest, sparked our interest.
    With thoughts of the heroic play still in our thoughts. "Giants Mammoth Valley Cool". Within a few steps wolves leaped to the attack. This helped clear our heads, even Gelora put the big bag of crunchy stuff she'd been eating ever since the play started, into her backpack. so i took the lead warning my friends of packs of hidden wolves and err not quite so successful with the lion who saw me 1st. Climbing a we saw hill two giants around a fire, cautiosly we approached, they were friendly enough. We all spotted(even the giants) Ragma, about to pick up something shiny, umm unn!! the look on his face when he realised exactly where his eye's met on a giant made him think otherwise, us all trying not to laugh as we scurried off in search of Brawnpits.
    The valley was ful of wolves it seemed every patch of trees contained a wolf or three. Suddenly a giants voice boomed "stop be careful" . He'd saved us from walking of a cliff so we all happily followed him to his camp. Now came the hard part trying to sweet talk Brawnpits to become an actor. He was very likeable and all he wanted was a few tasks done for his camp. Go fetch some water was a mystical happening, Asking permission to take some water produced a magical sight two water nymphs appeared and gave us their blessing. Some stones to put around his fire was'nt so easy as the rock elementals had other idea's. Gathering firewood too had a hidden and deathly surprise as the fire spirit soon had us all dead, no Gelora managed to shake off the pain and bravely carried us back to camp. Cyrean called for spells to help against searing fire attacks and cautioned us to be more careful. Won over by brawnpits charm off we went again determined to win. Cyrean calmly organised our tactics all the time casting many spells to aid us. The other fire spirits proved a serious challenge, with half burnt clothes we'd got enough firewood for the giant. No sooner had we returned that fire spirits attacked the camp, it took all of our skills to defeat them. This giant was sure strange yet fun . He began cooking a stew while dancing , his heavy stomps shaking the ground. This had Gelora up on her feet and soon all of us were dancing. Brawnpits told us the tale of our challenge's and of a deeper evil despoiling the valley. Seek the sky spirit at the top of the mountain it will have the answer's. With a large bowl of the giants tasty stew inside us. We leaped climbed and fell, up a death defying path. Ready for a fight , we relaxed when the sky spirit was friendly and told us of the 'tieflings' deeds in the valley. It warned us of Brawnpits danger, with no time to think we risked life and limb literally jumping down the sheer cliffs. After a fight Brawnpits agreed to follow and try this acting thing. We knew the teiflings would try and stop us. With me 20 paces in front warning of ambushes. Cyrean kept us all safe as we battled our way to victory.
    Next we are off to a Grand Ball now that will be a challenge in more ways than one.

Hi. Sorry for the delay... the game keeps crashing on my computer today. I will keep trying.

Hey guys, I am now swamped this weekend with work and extra-curriculars, which essentially start at noon (EST) Saturday and don't end until late Sunday. So this week's meeting will not happen on my side. Hopefully Azz shows up and you guys are able to do a few quest chains without the meat shield.

Alright. Let's hope. Azz, you there?

Community Member

I'm struggling with the time we play aswell. I'm a carer and since xmas things have changed(9am-11am pst is looking 50/50). The person i care for goes to a day centre now on saturdays and gets brought home anytime 9am-10am pst(I need 30 min then), so you can see my problem. I'll be in game at 10am today 2nd feb . Its most annoying as i enjoy our questing. Right i better do some catching up and thats not so much fun without my adventuring friends :-)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast