Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New Static Group on Sarlona

Hello,

This is the communication thread for the new group starting up on Sarlona. We can use this thread to coordinate as we get started. Feel free to share any thoughts on class selection, game play or whatever. Also, it would be good if we could all get together online to chat for a few minutes to bang out some of the details. If everyone maybe chimes in with a little introduction and some days and times that are good for them, we can go from there.

So I am Speo, new to the game and mostly looking for strategic play and light rp. I am on the west coast (pst) and pretty flexible on times. I can arrange to jump on pretty much any time in the early am or after 10 pm any day and Sun, Mon, Tues are wide open for me. Ultimately I will need to play on Saturday and Sunday as we move forward. Looking forward to getting up and running with you guys.

Hi, I'm Quizzie.
    I'm also quite new to the game, though I have some other MMO experience.
    My playstyle preferences are: playing in character, slow-paced dungeon crawling, doing all optional quests, strong cooperation in the group.

I'm from Czech Republic (+ 9 hours from Pacific time: http://localtimes.info/Europe/Czech_Republic/Prague/), I prefer playing evenings (12 pm - 4 pm Pacific).
    During the summer I can be online in different days, but from September I would prefer Friday or Saturday.

I think I'd like to be a melee class.
    And I'd rather not start with perma-death. At least not until we really learn to play as a team.

Hm, maybe I posted on the wrong thread. Just followed Speo's link. Anyway, count me in, hope we can find a good day/time to play together

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Hm, maybe I posted on the wrong thread. Just followed Speo's link. Anyway, count me in, hope we can find a good day/time to play together
    Welcome!
    What timezone are you from? What class/role would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzie View Post
    Welcome!
    What timezone are you from? What class/role would you prefer?
    Heh, ok, guess I need to copy the post I put in the other thread

Hi, looks like I'm a little late finding this thread

I've been trying to coordinate with Speo & Redjak for getting a static group started. I've got a couple of characters in Extreme Explorers, and it's a fun guild, good people and plenty of them Still, I'd really love to get a real static group going. If we can find a day/time that works for all of us, we could have a really promising group here.

What I want: A group that plays together - every quest, every optional, from the beginning (or nearly so - I don't mind skipping to the level 3 or 4 stuff if you guys are done with that by the time we get together). PD, RP, those are fine, but not required. Frankly, while PD can be a blast, it can also be discouraging for brand-new players. The game can be somewhat unforgiving for those who don't know the quests yet.

What I bring to the group: I'm a fairly experienced player (up to level 12 or so, anyway), but can keep quiet about spoilers to let group members enjoy their first time through a quest. I prefer playing rogues or healers, but can & will play whatever class fits the group best. I don't have any high level characters on Sarlona, so no twinking from me, but I can at least help advise on useful gear once we get the resources for it. I also have a VIP account with tons of accumulated TP, so I can provide guest passes as needed for the free/premium players (if any).

My time zone is GMT -5 (east coast US), but I can play during the daytime (especially if the group is tolerant of afks/distractions). My ideal gametime would be Friday or Saturday evening 9-11pm US eastern time, but I doubt the rest of you will be available then, so I'm willing to work with you to come up with a day/time that works for everyone.

Hi Arian, sorry I gave you a bum steer. As far as a play time: the summer is going to be off schedule due to summer jobs I think but starting in Sep. we are looking at Sat/Sun and Quizzie is on GMT +1 so we are going to have to do it early in the day. We could keep the time static and shift btwn Sat and Sun, I think I could manage that or a set day might be simpler.

We are 4 or 5 so far, I haven't managed to catch Redjak/Dog brother online yet to let him know about the thread but I'm pretty sure he's in and I have been in touch with a "sorcerer for hire" called Silentknight323. I have rolled up a crafty little halfling trap monkey that I am pretty keen to play so that would mean we've got some beef and some sneak which is good.

It would be good if we could find a time to meet online for a bit to chat about things, maybe even crawl a dungeon or two. My schedule is pretty wierd right now but if people float some time I can likely catch one or two.

See you guys around.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Heh, ok, guess I need to copy the post I put in the other thread

Hi, looks like I'm a little late finding this thread

I've been trying to coordinate with Speo & Redjak for getting a static group started. I've got a couple of characters in Extreme Explorers, and it's a fun guild, good people and plenty of them Still, I'd really love to get a real static group going. If we can find a day/time that works for all of us, we could have a really promising group here.

What I want: A group that plays together - every quest, every optional, from the beginning (or nearly so - I don't mind skipping to the level 3 or 4 stuff if you guys are done with that by the time we get together). PD, RP, those are fine, but not required. Frankly, while PD can be a blast, it can also be discouraging for brand-new players. The game can be somewhat unforgiving for those who don't know the quests yet.

What I bring to the group: I'm a fairly experienced player (up to level 12 or so, anyway), but can keep quiet about spoilers to let group members enjoy their first time through a quest. I prefer playing rogues or healers, but can & will play whatever class fits the group best. I don't have any high level characters on Sarlona, so no twinking from me, but I can at least help advise on useful gear once we get the resources for it. I also have a VIP account with tons of accumulated TP, so I can provide guest passes as needed for the free/premium players (if any).

My time zone is GMT -5 (east coast US), but I can play during the daytime (especially if the group is tolerant of afks/distractions). My ideal gametime would be Friday or Saturday evening 9-11pm US eastern time, but I doubt the rest of you will be available then, so I'm willing to work with you to come up with a day/time that works for everyone.
    Awesome

Red face !! Pick me !!

I have a plethora of alts on Sarlona and might even make a brand new level one
    just to join your merry crew ...

I can play any class but prefer sneaky trapper types (Warforged Artificers are my fav)

I am PST (California) and play most nights

Saturday mornings are available as well for this project of yours.
    !! TRAP HERE !!

So far we have:

Healer: Arianrhod
    Trapper: Speo or Aevitus
    Melee: Quizzie

... We could use a caster, or perhaps some crowd control.
    And I'd like one more tough melee type by my side, though it's not necessary.

Also, it would be nice to have someone with high intelligence - for runes (Aevitus with his Artificer?). I can be the strength one - for levers.
    Last edited by Quizzie; 06-23-2012 at 04:07 AM.

OK, got a cleric made up - Name is Cyrean, has completed the Grotto, but is sitting in Snowy Korthos waiting for the rest of the group. If you guys want to start at some later point, just let me know.

I won't be able to be on much today, and have some other things planned for tomorrow as well, but I'll try to log on when I can, so we can at least meet up & add characters to friends lists.

My other characters on Sarlona (in Extreme Explorers) are Delphinium & Rory. I may be on them while looking for you guys, so as to leave Cyrean ready to start from the beginning.

Looking good, welcome Aevitus. I agree with Quizzie about the caster and melee. I have been working on a halfling trapper and, if it's ok with you Aevitus (I'm open, honest), I will go with him. I am hoping to be able to eventually provide some crowd control by way of traps and I am planning to go with 16 int. Of course we may still pick up a sorcerer which would round us out nicely.

Because it may be of interest to some of us I am posting a pm I got today. This sounds like a really cool guild and I wasn't aware of them before:

Speo,

I read your thread and it sounds like what you are organizing is what our guild, Drawn By Fate, is all about: static RP/dungeon crawling groups.

The only time we actively recruit other members is when we are starting a new static group, but I saw your thread and it appears what you are trying to organize would be a good fit.

A bit about us:

We are a level 60 guild that has been an active guild on Sarlona for about two years now. We built around a core concept of static group play for people who enjoy lite RP and dungeon crawling. At any given time we have about from 3-6 static groups active with some 12 - 20 active members.

Our static groups are fairly autonomous. We have some basic guidelines, but how an individual group is run and what 'house rules' the group chooses to follow are ultimately up to the static group's leader. We have some players who play casually throughout the week and we encourage players with alts not dedicated to a static group (we call them 'free agents') to drop in to help fill out any static groups that might be short-manned that week, or, to help man up for a raid.

Here is a link to our thread and guild guidelines.

Anyway, your thread reminds me of when we were starting out, so I thought I'd offer an invitation to your static group to join our guild if it is something that interests you. It would give you opportunity to have access to an airship, a high level guild crafter, and a pool of friendly, helpful, like-minded players who would be happy to lend a hand when you are short-manned, or if you need extra players for a difficult quest or raid.

In any event, good luck with your group!

For starting out I would just as soon solo Korthos island and meet in the harbour at 2.5ish levels. Does that work for people?

Quote Originally Posted by Speo View Post
    For starting out I would just as soon solo Korthos island and meet in the harbour at 2.5ish levels. Does that work for people?
    Sounds ok...
    And the guild sounds perfect for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Speo View Post
    OK
    The guild sounds ok too

Question

Hi!
    If you're still looking for people for your group, count me in! Currently my main is a level 2 (1monk/1 druid) Dwarf. I just tr'ed hin yesterday. I play almost everyday and usually between 3pm-12am Central Time (+5 GMT) [Chicago time] I have been playing on and off since 2005. I like doing complete dungeons and I try to never leave anyone behind. My main's name is Shordtie Skwirt. I look forward to hearing back from you.

I wish you all the best the day has to offer!

Looks like we have enough interest to make a decent group, we're just having some trouble connecting ingame. Maybe if everyone were to list the character name of the character they'd like in the group, and the playtimes that 1)would be ideal, 2)would be acceptable, and 3)wouldn't work at all, we might be able to set up an initial meeting time and get everyone on our friends lists.

To get started:

Cyrean
    1) Friday or Saturday evening, 9-11pm US eastern time
    2) Any day during the daytime
    3) Any time starting at midnight or later

Hope to see you all ingame soon

[edit - from the days/times most have posted so far in this thread, looks like Saturday mornings (my time, of course) are the most promising. Maybe we could try to meet up this Saturday? What time would be good for everyone?]
    Last edited by Arianrhod; 06-27-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Ok I can be on with Taranaret Preof between 10:30 and 1:30 eastern on Sat or Sun.

In the next few weeks we're reconstructing our apartment, so it will be kind of hectic.
    But I think I can be online on Saturday, from 10 am to 4 pm, pacific time.

Suggestion: Lets talk only in pacific time to avoid confusion.

My character is Gelora, the half-orc barbarian, Frenzied Berserker. It looks like I will be your tank. I have very little tanking experience, but I will do my best.

My Will save will be pretty much non-existent, so I will be dependent on Remove Fear, Remove Paralysis, Remove Blindness and similar cleric spells.

I will max out Intimidate, Listen and Jump. And I will have decent Balance.

I'm still running Korthos with Gelora...
    Last edited by Quizzie; 06-28-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Lightbulb

Being a Barbarian, you'll need Intimidate, Jump, Swim and Balance. Listen does nothing for any class but the scouting classes (Rogue & Ranger). Even Bluff should get points before Listen. Anyways, I'll try to catch up with you tonight. I left you an in-game message!

Quote Originally Posted by M113k7262 View Post

Being a Barbarian, you'll need Intimidate, Jump, Swim and Balance. Listen does nothing for any class but the scouting classes (Rogue & Ranger). Even Bluff should get points before Listen. Anyways, I'll try to catch up with you tonight. I left you an in-game message!
    I disagree. Swim is pointless. You get a swim ring in the first dungeon. And I will have a quite high Swim skill thanks to my strength even without investing in it.
    Balance is great, but it is a cross-class skill, so I can never max it. But I did put as much points in it as I could.

But Spot or Listen is incredibly useful for a tank. A tank needs to keep track of all enemies, even the hidden ones. I will be the one in front, so I want to see what's awaiting me. Spot is better, but it is a cross-class skill. So I chose Listen.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast