Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Community Member Perspicacity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ketchikan, AK
    Posts
    729

    Default Dragonscale question

    I have herd inconsistent rumors regarding dragon scale crafting so could some one please clarify what there doing with the GH dragon scale stuff? My most recent info is that they are upgrading the base armors (more black and white than blue) and that there also introduce epic versions of each.

    Don't know if they green lit it yet but if they have, if some one could post some details or even screen caps of stats that'd be super duper.

    Eternium (Art 18), Tatooine (Bard 19), Technodrome (Wiz 18 / Rog 2), Thanigar (Brb 14)

  2. #2
    Hatchery Founder Glenalth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A mountain fortress.
    Posts
    4,280

    Default

    Pre-existing armor abilities are left alone.
    The old Blue, Black, and White armors are no longer purchasable.
    New Blue, Black, and White armors are available.
    New "Cormyrian" Red and Green high level armors are available with Purple Dragon favor in Eveningstar.

    There was mention of a way to break down old armors for 12ish scales, but I haven't looked at that yet and I'm not sure if it applies to red armors.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

  3. #3
    Hero
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    SW United States
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    You can breakdown old armors which give you back 10 + 1d4 scales back. To do so, go to the vendors in Gianthold and they now have a barter-box type trading system (like the cove event). There is an option in the menu to deconstruct it.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Stats on the new ones? Can we expect essentially an upgraded version of the old ones? Will they look the same?

    Will my AA be able to wear sweet black dragon scale for more than looks?!

  5. #5
    Community Member Rogann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckWisdom View Post
    Stats on the new ones? Can we expect essentially an upgraded version of the old ones? Will they look the same?

    Will my AA be able to wear sweet black dragon scale for more than looks?!
    black:dps
    white:tank
    blue:caster

    (to lazy to post the stats...just search for "u14 named items list")

    I wouldnt say its great for AA's. The black armor is amazing for rogues though.

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogann View Post
    black:dps
    white:tank
    blue:caster

    (to lazy to post the stats...just search for "u14 named items list")

    I wouldnt say its great for AA's. The black armor is amazing for rogues though.
    Unless I read it wrong, the black dragonscale armors will be more aimed at melee DPS. Which will really cheese me off because Ive spent ages trying to grind a black docent for my arty and Ive still only got 7! I really want that (current) black docent for the ranged alac and dd bonuses...

  7. #7
    Community Member NexEverto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanOrion View Post
    I really want that (current) black docent for the ranged alac and dd bonuses...
    Addressing your Ranged Alacrity comment, the armor for that alone isn't that useful. Unfortuently, Ranged Alacrity doesn't work on the Reload Animation, so it works out to be 4% - 6% increase to attack speed. It also doesn't stack with haste (Plagued by the same reload animation issue), so it gets outdated quickly if you have access to clickies, pots or a good caster. You could also craft it if you've got the skill.

    You and other posters in this thread probably already know this, but just in case I thought I'd say something.
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||


  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lancashire, England
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NexEverto View Post
    Addressing your Ranged Alacrity comment, the armor for that alone isn't that useful. Unfortuently, Ranged Alacrity doesn't work on the Reload Animation, so it works out to be 4% - 6% increase to attack speed. It also doesn't stack with haste (Plagued by the same reload animation issue), so it gets outdated quickly if you have access to clickies, pots or a good caster. You could also craft it if you've got the skill.

    You and other posters in this thread probably already know this, but just in case I thought I'd say something.
    Yea I knew, thanks Mainly I want it for disable because it frees up an extra slot on my main. Granted hes almost 17 but I plan on TRing him throguh several ranger and (possibly) rogue lives so Id get plenty of use out of the docent.

  9. #9
    Community Member foxom1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    st paul mn
    Posts
    182

    Default

    anyone know where to deconstruct red armor or if it's even possible?
    Work is the curse of the drinking class.
    ~Oscar Wilde~
    **LEGION**
    Foxxom, Masrie, Eyetunes, Foxom, Focksom

  10. #10
    Community Member Boromirs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Anyone got the stats on the new black dragonscales?

  11. #11
    Hatchery Founder Glenalth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A mountain fortress.
    Posts
    4,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boromirs View Post
    Anyone got the stats on the new black dragonscales?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376809
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

  12. #12
    Community Member Dagolar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TitanOrion View Post
    Yea I knew, thanks Mainly I want it for disable because it frees up an extra slot on my main. Granted hes almost 17 but I plan on TRing him throguh several ranger and (possibly) rogue lives so Id get plenty of use out of the docent.
    Yeah, that was- excuse me, is- my problem with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by foxom1 View Post
    anyone know where to deconstruct red armor or if it's even possible?
    Not possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload