Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Time to put your $ where your mouth is

EDIT: STORE Boycott Extended throughout July

OK, I understand that not EVERY toon is worse off under the new proposed changes.
    Many, many toons are going to find things a lot better (initially) once the combat changes to Hit chance and AC go live, it is easy to miss the flaws when you see your own initial boosts.

How many of you disagree with these changes? How much is this going to affect things? Turbine cannot tell simply from prolific posters such as myself pointing out the flaws in the system, I am just 1 account.

So why don't we show them in real terms they understand (profit margins) Turbine can quite EASILY see how much $$ they earn in a week from the ddo store, their marketing plans are designed off this.

What I propose is a vote with our wallets on the new changes, if you LIKE/AGREE with the changes just keep buying things from the Turbine DDO store as usual, if you truly dont agree with these changes,

DO NOT MAKE A STORE PURCHASE OVER THE NEXT 14 DAYS!

I dont care if your points are awarded monthly from VIP, just don't use them for now. They will still be there in 2 weeks to spend as usual.
    Dont purchase additional points if possible, but if you do, don't spend them for the next fortnight. Turbine will not see long term $$ loss from this but they will see how popular their changes are.

If you dislike the changes for your own toons, or if you can see the imbalance it will cause..
    If you see the boosts to your own toons yet empathise with the pain cause to your fellow players.
    If you have the COURAGE to MAKE A DIFFERENCE...

DON'T make a store purchase from 7th JULY to 28th JULY
    POST this threads link to your mates and guildies and servers and rally

Stillwaters : 2006-2012 - fighting the combat changes since closed beta

EDIT: MATH on combat changes Here too, and HERE Spellpower changes 8% drop
    Believe math not hype! copy these to a .txt and reference it!

Tips for casters wanting to exploit this system HERE!

Online Poll on how much you dislike/like the changes here

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all classes will be considered equal, that they are endowed by their creators with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of experience points. That to secure these rights, rules systems are considered to give balance to classes, with the understanding that it is the player, not the character, that makes them unequal, and that individual adventures will weigh the worth of individual classes differently.
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 07-06-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink
    You say you want your $$ back, i d g a f about the $$. I want my GAME back..

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwaters View Post
    Turbine will not see long term $$ loss from this but they will see how popular their changes are.
    True on both counts. Long term it's not going to have any effect, and short term it'll have a negligible effect because A) people are generally lazy and B) most people are at worst okay with the changes, if not happy. Oh and C) the vast majority of people playing will never see this post.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Forumites account for about 5% of servers population iirc... gonna be hard to have a noticeable impact on the store economy.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero
    Yes, i'm french and i do eat frogs alive, so don't mess with me when i'm hungry
    Argonessen FTW : Leelith ~ Bagdad Cafe ~ Lipp Stick ~ Peroxy Acetone

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    True on both counts. Long term it's not going to have any effect, and short term it'll have a negligible effect because A) people are generally lazy and B) most people are at worst okay with the changes, if not happy. Oh and C) the vast majority of people playing will never see this post.
    It was important for me personally to see that turbine isnt negatively affected on long term. Boycotts usually actually make companies MORE $$ in long run than they lose in the short term (look at petrol boycotts as an eg)

I dont want turbine to fail, i simply want them to see the popularity of the changes, and reassess their true worth.

As for most ppl seeing this, thats up to US..
    We can post it in guild Message of the Day, we can tell ppl in general chats, or channels, or party groups, we can e-mail our RL mates and get them to send out the message, we can use twitter and facebook to get the message out..

If I am wrong, nothing changes.. This is the mediocre status quo ppl are used to.

If I am right, the changes will be assessed earlier rather than later and a balanced system might replace these changes...
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 06-17-2012 at 03:48 AM.
    -Stealth RULEZ- A compilation -Favor 101- "How-to" unlock the game -Boycott the changes- combat changes stink

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

No problem, since I wasn't planning on getting anything anyway. Heck, I haven't even logged into the game in a couple of weeks or so - the planned changes just killed my passion for the game.

I'll likely be back to try out the expansion that I foolishly paid in advance for (remind me NEVER to do that again). /sigh
    It's definitely an N-word.

I'm just thankful of the years of enjoyment Ive had so far. Pity about the changes.

You've got my support on this Stillwaters
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

It is important to let Turbine know there is a way out..

When ppl feel their back is to the wall they fight accordingly. Defending even a bad/illogical decision so they dont have to admit they were wrong.

Turbine has a way out, all they need to do is say this combat system was only designed for TEMPORARY USE (much like EXP leveling stones).

That it was implemented so that ppl could witness the Epic content without needed to grind for 2 months of gear to be able to play it on hardest difficulty.
    and to allow newer players to get their gear much faster so they can still be viable when the system is reverted.

That a better system with more forethought is in the works...
    Last edited by Stillwaters; 06-17-2012 at 12:30 PM.

Community Member

SRY, I haz to buy monk while itz on sale....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BDog77 View Post
    SRY, I haz to buy monk while itz on sale....
    Are monks worth it? The changes seem to have changed them a lot - for the worse.

The 25% dodge cap seems like the last straw - Turbine's "Don't buy monk" change.

I agree with you Stillwater.

I'm also using a toon on beta called "Gimpy McUnderpants" to see how easy they've made the game. Ranger, drow, using the devs' tempest path (ie starts with wis too low to cast the one spell it has). Throws away any armor or robes (hence the underpants) and is AC15. Unly uses its own looted stuff. So far she hasn't even used a CLW pot (ie hasn't needed to be healed or be healed at all).

Community Member

I encountered a player the other day who was going on about the changes and how bad things were about to come. I ended up asking what problems he had when he tested the changes. He replied that he actually hadn't tried anything, it is just what he read on the forums.

So your misinformation campaign has certianly worked to some degree. :-)

I will not be joining you in your campaign.
    Visit the DDO Wiki! Unique items: Quest Rewards - Raid Loot - Chest Loot - Item Sets
    DDO Store List, with references on how you can gain items ingame for free!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    I'll likely be back to try out the expansion that I foolishly paid in advance for (remind me NEVER to do that again). /sigh
    Welsome to the Idiot Extraordinaire club!

AJ (Idiot Extraordinaire)

Turbine doesn't receive money from spending TP, they get it from buying TP..

Smartass.
    Sweep Pick or Die!
    Quote Originally Posted by JollySwagMan View Post
    But in terms of actual quest ideas, perhaps something where Halflings ride around on Warforged in battle-backpacks with shoulder-mounted repeating crossbows.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMonk2 View Post
    I encountered a player the other day who was going on about the changes and how bad things were about to come. I ended up asking what problems he had when he tested the changes. He replied that he actually hadn't tried anything, it is just what he read on the forums.

What misinformation?

Build choices watered down: Check.

Gearing rendered more or less pointless: Check.

All tanks forced into plate defenders: Check.

High end melee DPS nerfed: Check.

Mediocre AC and to hit rewarded for not bothering: Check.

Removal of d20-basis of the game: Check.

Sounds like information and not disinformation to me.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

/popcorn

Adaptability is what made the **** sapiens sapiens the top monkey on the planet...

Adapt...
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

One guy had an opinion he couldn't back up! Clearly that means it wasn't true. Yep.

Community Member

Are you saying we should not believe the devs when they detail the combat system changes and how they will work? Are you saying that the devs have misled us? I hope you are right.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    /popcorn

Adaptability is what made the **** sapiens sapiens the top monkey on the planet...

Adapt...
    I iz not a munkee.

I iz grate APE!!!

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    /popcorn

Adapt...
    So, whenever something changes for the worse, we should just accept it and "adapt"?

Why not try and get it changed to something better, instead of just "adapting" to the new and worse state of things?

The proof is in the math boyo, and math is universal

Kensai: lost boost STR from Surge Psionic changes.
    Barb: lost no-cooldown supreme cleave
    AC: aim for 50% any more is kind of a waste
    ToHIT buffs: Aim for Damage boosters, to-hit may possibly need to rise by 8 to notice a difference, damage always helps.
    Shields: At endgame, shield makes NO difference to mobs misschance
    Debuffs: as above
    Tohit: precision+pointblank shot = 50% hit chance on a 75AC mob with a modified to-hit score of 9!
    Buffs: MAX capped Warchanter's inspire courage song grants only 5-10% hitchance, in endgame.
    Pure Caster Tanks: Yes they are just as/more viable than your melee now, AND have viable MELEE dps, in addition to their powers.

Post me if you need math on this, the numbers DONT LIE.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillwaters View Post
    Pure Caster Tanks: Yes they are just as/more viable than your melee now, AND have viable MELEE dps, in addition to their powers.

Post me if you need math on this, the numbers DONT LIE.
    I'd like to see the reasoning on this, please - note I neither doubt you nor am trying to flame here, honestly curious. Thank you in advance.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast