Default Activating Expansion after June 25th??

Thought i would ask this question before i went ahead with it and wasted 80 bucks

I have a friend i would like to buy the expansion pack for as he is not very well off at the moment and having a birthday coming up i thought it might be a nice surprise. However his birthday is not until August, so what i want to know is can i buy the expansion pack and still give it to him to activate AFTER June 25, with full functionality and pre-order bonuses??

Yeah, that should work. When you pre-purchase the expansion, you'll get a code to activate the expansion in myaccount.turbine.com. So, when you gift the expansion to someone, you're essentially giving them the code to apply to their account. If you pre-purchased the Collector's Edition now, you could have your friend activate the code for their birthday, and get the Collector's Edition bonuses then.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by XiaNYdE View Post
    Thought i would ask this question before i went ahead with it and wasted 80 bucks

I have a friend i would like to buy the expansion pack for as he is not very well off at the moment and having a birthday coming up i thought it might be a nice surprise. However his birthday is not until August, so what i want to know is can i buy the expansion pack and still give it to him to activate AFTER June 25, with full functionality and pre-order bonuses??
    Although I applaud the thought, what happens if your friend has a small windfall and buys the expansion before you give them the code?

If not given as an early gift, you might want to at least indicate in a card that it's coming.

There's nothing more embarassing than showing off your new thingy only to find someone bought it for you as a gift, particularly if it is difficult to return for a refund
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Yeah, that should work. When you pre-purchase the expansion, you'll get a code to activate the expansion in myaccount.turbine.com. So, when you gift the expansion to someone, you're essentially giving them the code to apply to their account. If you pre-purchased the Collector's Edition now, you could have your friend activate the code for their birthday, and get the Collector's Edition bonuses then.
    EEEP!!!

I don't recall getting a code when I pre-purchased...are those still to come?

Scratt for president!!!!

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    EEEP!!!

I don't recall getting a code when I pre-purchased...are those still to come?
    You had to apply the code to your account before you got any of the pre-purchase goodies... So unless you've been playing without them you must have gotten it.

Community Member

the code was how you activated it on your account. should've been emailed to the email address that you gave when you preordered.

email should've been from webhelp v4@digitalriver
    and in the email there is a line that says Digital rights: ############

try looking your order up here www.findmyorder.com

Thank You Cordovan, your response is appreciated and i figured as much but just wanted to confirm that this was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Although I applaud the thought, what happens if your friend has a small windfall and buys the expansion before you give them the code?

If not given as an early gift, you might want to at least indicate in a card that it's coming.

There's nothing more embarassing than showing off your new thingy only to find someone bought it for you as a gift, particularly if it is difficult to return for a refund
    That is indeed a very good thought Hambo, however he pretty much plays 95% of the time from my house on my son's gaming rig, so if my mate done anything aside from wishing he had it i would know, and the look on his face to receive it 6 weeks after it's gone will be just gold

Just buy em turbine points when the bundle goes on sale. He'll be able to buy the expansion the oddball druid and then some when it hits the store in august. And if he buys the expansion then eh useable on something else

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    You had to apply the code to your account before you got any of the pre-purchase goodies... So unless you've been playing without them you must have gotten it.
    Ahhhh...TYVM...then I have already activated it

Scratt for president!!!!

Hero
    and Mo Bro H'ro

Default Caution

Just FYI - the receipt says that it must be "downloaded" within 30 days. Granted, there is nothing to "download" from the pre-purchase, and it might just be some standard language from the 3rd party salesbot, but I thought I would mention it "just in case".

Not to question Cordovan, but does anyone know if it must be activated within 30 days? I'd hate to see someone miss out due to a "clerical error"...
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"