Community Member

Default Bard Inspire Courage / Inspired Greatness / Inspired Attack

With the changes to AC and to-hit, I'd like to suggest changing these bard abilities. I have 2 bards (that I love to play), but these changes make the to-hit increases they bring much less important (sometimes not important at all).

I suggest changing the to-hit part of their songs to a percentage. Just add this percentage into the 25% proficiency part of the to-hit calculation. I think this would allow a bard to always be a useful and wanted party member, without being OP.

I also suggest changing Inspired Attack (I know the Enhancement pass isn't coming for a while):

Inspired Attack I/II/III : +1 / +2 / +3 attack bonus (2 / 4 / 6 AP)

to:

Inspired Attack I/II/III : +1% / +2% / +3% attack bonus (1 / 2 / 3 AP)

I also suggest some more support for healing focused bards, but I think there's already enough threads about that.

ayup. Actually, every item and every bonus that deals with to-hit or AC needs to be revisited because of the changes. And since they are not, it just smacks of an unwillingness to deal with it.

Community Member adam1oftheround's Avatar

Default % changes for bard buffs

Unless you were seeing +100 to hit on your character before the update, a +1 to hit changed to a 1% to hit would be a nerf.

So if you were seeing +50 to hit on your character before the update, each +1 to hit from a bard buff should be equal to a 2% increase to maintain the same balance.

I know some triple raged, 37 past life barbarians were getting +60 and +70 to hit, but the average + to hit before the update was well below 100. So please make the buffs maintain their usefulness by making each +1 from bard buffs a 2% change and not just a 1% change.

I did say please. I am explained my reasoning. I asked nicely.

Would it help if I put bacon on top?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psteen1 View Post
    ayup. Actually, every item and every bonus that deals with to-hit or AC needs to be revisited because of the changes. And since they are not, it just smacks of an unwillingness to deal with it.
    eh.. how about no? and umm no?

Perhaps Turbine build this new combat system just so it wouldn't be an exact replicate of the old flawed one? derp derp...
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 78mackson View Post
    eh.. how about no? and umm no?

Perhaps Turbine build this new combat system just so it wouldn't be an exact replicate of the old flawed one? derp derp...
    I don't follow your logic here. The ops' points are about making attack bonuses relevant under the existing system, not making the new system the same as the old.

Example. Weapon focus feat

Old system: Usefulness of this feat was already severely limited due to most mobs easily being hit on even rolls of 2. So no point in taking this feat unless it were a prereq to desired feats or for a seriously bab-limited toon (which usually wouldn't have feats to spare anyhoo.)

New system: Feat is useless for everyone since +1 to hit is irrelevant. Now only taken as prereq to other feats/enhancements.

Fix: Increase the bonus provided significantly, add secondary utility attributes, or make some sort of combined feat.
    Thelanis:
    Annikka (Sorc), Dannikka (F), Jannikka (Rgr)
    Tamikka (Bard), Famikka (Rgr)
    Bellynda (Cl), Mellynda (M)

Quote Originally Posted by eecsman View Post
    With the changes to AC and to-hit, I'd like to suggest changing these bard abilities. I have 2 bards (that I love to play), but these changes make the to-hit increases they bring much less important (sometimes not important at all).

I suggest changing the to-hit part of their songs to a percentage. Just add this percentage into the 25% proficiency part of the to-hit calculation. I think this would allow a bard to always be a useful and wanted party member, without being OP.

I also suggest changing Inspired Attack (I know the Enhancement pass isn't coming for a while):

Inspired Attack I/II/III : +1 / +2 / +3 attack bonus (2 / 4 / 6 AP)

to:

Inspired Attack I/II/III : +1% / +2% / +3% attack bonus (1 / 2 / 3 AP)

I also suggest some more support for healing focused bards, but I think there's already enough threads about that.
    If i understand correctly you would be nerfing inspired attack? your base attack damage would have to be 100 per swing to get +3 dmg....0.o confused

Dont nerf my next build man i'll be soooo me-add.

Holy **** i live in a kobold matrix!