Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

/not signed.

Paladins are OP already, there's no need to buff them further or we're gonna lose even more players. As it is, all the people I know who play fighters and barbarians are leaving the game in disgust because of how crazy strong Paladins are. I mean, seriously, Paladins are just melees but they get huge saving throw bonuses for no good reason, free immunities, DR-breaking weapons for almost free, self-healing, a ton of useful spells AND 10hp/level and full BAB? ***? And now you want to give them MOAR POWER? You powergaming types are all the same; you just want YOUR class to be better than everyone else's and you don't care how much it breaks the game.

It's already sick how much gear I have to get for my multi-TR'd Barb just to keep up with 1st-life Paladins with crappy weapons and this change would.... would just...

It's no good, I can't keep a straight face any longer. It's just that with all the incredible petty-minded childishness in threads recently of the "Something-has-already-nerfed-MY-main/I-already-feel-inferior-to-you-so-I'm-GLAD-you're-suffering-and-you-SHOULD-suffer" variety, seeing a thread where everyone's agreeing that a class ability is too weak (even if they don't agree exactly how it should be improved) seemed out-of-place

/totally signed. Passive ability, quicker activation, min/level duration, I don't know but it needs boosting.
    Crime in multi-storey car parks: it's wrong on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by rakhtal View Post
    Agreed that it should be longer and faster cast.

There was also an idea (by Mr. Cow iirc) that divine might could be a toggle. You click it once and it automatically uses 1 turn every cycle without need to recast until you turn it off.
    Toggle is actually a great idea, not only for divine might but for other buffs as well.

Community Member

/signed

And pls change it back to being +Str, instead +Dmg. All my tactical combat feats suffer, and I get tripped more often by mobs, less jump... At least other classes get +% to dmg, why paladins are stuck with static dmg? Too OP when used with human versatility dmg boost?
    Last edited by Modulex; 07-28-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Huh, I never had problems with divine might being too short in duration on my paladin. Granted, I think I wound up with something like 12-14 turn attempts. That's 14 DM's per rest. If it takes you 14 minutes to get to a shrine, something is usually messed up.

What they should really do is make enhancement stat points count toward your "base" stat.

It will also be getting a substantial buff anyway when the new enhancements hit and paladins can get Radiant Servant if they really want to. They can also get the epic ability that regenerates your turn attempts.
    Last edited by PsychoBlonde; 07-29-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Default Did you know?

Divine Might in P&P is a free action and only lasts for 1 round (thats 6 seconds!)

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/div...tm#divineMight

Of course it doesn't have the ridiculous Cha prereq, but it does cost a feat.

Given the state of Paladin DPS, this could use a serious buff. Hopefully it gets a serious look during the enhancement pass.

I'm looking forward to a Radiant Servant Paladin though.

Community Member

I would support Divine might being changed to +Cha for to-hit and damage. I am fine with the duration but would like to see the animation speeded up.

I would extend Divine Might to 1 minute per tier, as in 1 minute for 1st tier, 2 minute for 2nd tier, etc.

That would be great. Sounds reasonable to me in my head
    A rogue is basically, "Look at me or die."

Please Devs - You fixed Low level spell clickies to 5 minutes instead of 1 - 5 minutes may be a bit too long for Divine Might but at least give it the same duration as Divine Favour/Divine Power {Extendable}.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthios888 View Post
    DDO cannot possibly hate paladins more than me, so why is divine might 1 minute?
    Because it is a powerful buff which is shared with a class that can cast 9th level spells, wear heavy armor, carry a shield, and have high saves.

It'd be ok by me to shorten the casting duration or even eliminate it. But a minute a level is overkill. If you do that, it becomes a permanent bonus to damage.

Community Member

How long does the Kensai strength bonus take to activate and last?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ranncore View Post
    How long does the Kensai strength bonus take to activate and last?
    Approx. 0.2 sec/ one minute.

Make it passive, would ease both gameplay and increase the power of probably the worst class in DDO (not counting druids, which probably will see a buff rework ala monks)
    Last edited by 78mackson; 08-15-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

Community Member

If I had to pick between soloing on my low DPS pally tank, or my high retard DPS barbarian, I'm going with my pally. I'd love to see DM made better though. A 3 minute duration would be, imo, perfectly balanced, or an instant casting time, either one would be fine.

Community Member

IMO it's balanced for a few reasons:

-Level 20 paladin gets what, 15 turns per rest AT LEAST? And a Paladin doesn't really have any better uses for it. For a cleric, it might be a little problematic, but I don't really see a melee cleric as being as viable as a melee FvS right now.

-1 minute is plenty of time for Divine Might to be useful. Most fights in which you'll be engaged last less than a minute anyway.

-+8 to damage is pretty ridiculous. That's effectively +8 strength mod, or +16 strength. I don't think Paladins were ever intended to be on par with barbarians or fighters in terms of DPS, but this evens the scale by a large margin. And then you can stack it with Divine Favor and Zeal.

-OP seems to be complaining that "low level buffs got a duration buff while divine might did not." Divine might is not a lowbie buff. First tier requires level 5... that's the only part of it that I might consider lowbie. Level 10, 15, and 20 (respectively tiers 2, 3, and 4) are objectively NOT lowbie. That's midgame to endgame.

-If you're going to complain about low to-hit, then you're doing something wrong. Paladins shouldn't need another attack bonus, already having the highest possible BAB at level and Divine Favor.

The only valid complaint that I see pertains to casting speed. I do wish that Divine Might's casting speed would be quickened to at least be on par with Divine Favor. Oh well. Still works pretty well from my experience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HailBlazR View Post
    Where is your Paladin at? I know I parked mine sometime ago outside the mailbox in shavarath! If they were given som incentive to run I would pick it up again i.e.

passive DM.
    Increased smite regeneration (20% faster, stacking)
    Fix the THF smite bug for the THF crowd.
    add a few cool high impact spells similiar to the power of 'rams might' when mod5 came out.

it is a potential and cool class, just a shame it is what it is really...EDIT: a popular phrase these days are "deal with it" and most of us surely has, close to none is playing these things in the current state
    Last edited by 78mackson; 08-17-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

/Signed.

Although I regard the lack of love that DDO Pallys are given as a way of offsetting some of the RP disadvantages that D&D Pallys have had live with like tithing and other wealth limitations.
    Karadon, Paladin [5] Mar - Jul 2006 - Aureon [EU]
    Karadon, Paladin [20] Feb 2010 - June 2012 - Orien
    Karadon, Paladin [20] June 2012 - July 2013 - Orien [TR1]
    Karadon, Paladin [16] July 2013 - Present - Orien [TR2]

Quote Originally Posted by HailBlazR View Post

-Level 20 paladin gets what, 15 turns per rest AT LEAST? And a Paladin doesn't really have any better uses for it. For a cleric, it might be a little problematic, but I don't really see a melee cleric as being as viable as a melee FvS right now.
    The horrendously low activation time and short duration have little to do with the fact you can use it a bajillion times. Yes, you get plenty of uses. It slows you down to use it and is painful to cast.

-1 minute is plenty of time for Divine Might to be useful. Most fights in which you'll be engaged last less than a minute anyway.
    No, not at all. Why would you even bother for a fast fight anyway?

-+8 to damage is pretty ridiculous. That's effectively +8 strength mod, or +16 strength. I don't think Paladins were ever intended to be on par with barbarians or fighters in terms of DPS, but this evens the scale by a large margin. And then you can stack it with Divine Favor and Zeal.
    No one is complaining the bonus isn't high enough.

-OP seems to be complaining that "low level buffs got a duration buff while divine might did not." Divine might is not a lowbie buff. First tier requires level 5... that's the only part of it that I might consider lowbie. Level 10, 15, and 20 (respectively tiers 2, 3, and 4) are objectively NOT lowbie. That's midgame to endgame.
    OP's issue that many buffs got useful boosts and that this one needs some treatment as well. It's horribly slow to cast and is of marginal duration ... on a class that is down near the bottom of the heap for all but tanks.

-If you're going to complain about low to-hit, then you're doing something wrong. Paladins shouldn't need another attack bonus, already having the highest possible BAB at level and Divine Favor.
    Not sure the OP suggested that. I'm pretty sure she didn't.

The only valid complaint that I see pertains to casting speed. I do wish that Divine Might's casting speed would be quickened to at least be on par with Divine Favor. Oh well. Still works pretty well from my experience.
    Works pretty well compared to *what*? Do you hold the opinions that Paladins as they are are anywhere close to competitive with the other classes in capability, aside from tanking?
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

I would gladly take fewer activations for a longer duration of each one.

Or I would be fine with them being instacast like my bard's "spontaneous songs". Then I could just hit it to refresh without completely screwing up my attacks.

/Shameless bump just because

also

/signed again

(yes using a different colour counts)
    Sarlona Deluxe
    Axess (high dps/versatility [TR1]) ~ Nimmuz (cleric) ~ Roboboogie (spellsword [TR1])
    Partydeluxe (bard [TR1]) ~ Partywiz (WF AM [TR1])

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

I started posting back when this thread was on the first page, but the casting time equalled DM and so my post only shows up now, sorry.
    It's definitely an N-word.

I've spent a long time playing Paladins in DDO, and have tested out many different builds, what abilities work, what doesn't so well, and I have a few comments for the developers in case they come across this thread:

How useful is Divine Might to Paladin Players?
    Divine Might is a critical enhancement. The extra damage from Divine Might helps to bring the DPS of a Paladin up to a more respectable level and every Paladin needs to use it. At high levels, every Paladin should be using Divine Might 3 or 4.

What is the issue with Divine Might?
    Because Divine Might is so critical to use, every Paladin will want it running in combat.
    1) If you get into combat and realize that you need to cast Divine Might a Paladin is faced with the dillema of whether to spend 2 seconds to cast Divine Might (knowing the fight might be over shortly), or forego using the #1 best Paladin DPS enhancement for the duration. This can be a bit frustrating.
    2) The duration is rather short at just 1 minute, requiring a Paladin that wants to use this critical buff to continuously recast it over and over and over again. It's not like a clicky attack you use in combat that adds to the enjoyment of playing, but is a chore to keep running.

What should be changed with Divine Might?
    1) The casting time should be shortened to equal the casting time of Divine Favor & Zeal. This way when a Paladin is in a fight and realizes they need to have Divine Might running they can do so without the penalty of a 2 second casting time. Paladins have a difficult time enough with DPS.
    2) The duration should be increased so that it's not such a chore to keep running. My recommendation would be to give it the same duration as Divine Favor (and make it extendable) so that you can rebuff these two at the same time. If needed for balance, have it use 2 clicklies of turn undead instead of 1.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast