Default Devs...why? WHY?

Why the changes on heal spell and FoM? Why? i am not asking for changes, just an explanation, why those changes? they werent called for, neither needed...

Just... Why

Zess
    Darkzess(Currently: Bbn) - Sturdycaster (Wiz) - Stormfists(Mnk) - Zeess (Art) - Zessx (FvS)
    Thelanis
    ~I'm Back!~

Why do you hate my divines? What possible reason could you have for first deliberately ignoring everyone who gave you feedback about the broken aspects of Exalted Angel in beta (I will begrudge you that you're fixing that), and now nerfing the most asinine of spells? What arbitrary reasoning is there behind changing FoM and Heal from the PnP description and intent?

Quote Originally Posted by Heal
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Level: Clr 6, Drd 7, Healing 6
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Creature touched
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Heal enables you to channel positive energy into a creature to wipe away injury and afflictions. It immediately ends any and all of the following adverse conditions affecting the Target: ability damage, blinded, confused, dazed, dazzled, deafened, diseased, exhausted, fatigued, feebleminded, insanity, nauseated, sickened, stunned, and poisoned. It also cures 10 hit points of damage per level of the caster, to a maximum of 150 points at 15th level.

Heal does not remove negative levels, restore permanently drained levels, or restore permanently drained ability score points.

If used against an undead creature, heal instead acts like harm.
    I don't see anywhere in there about it not being affected like any other spell. It's frustrating that you would hurt the one surefire way we have to heal through these new damage spikes and these massive 1,200+ HP bars we've been presented with.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom of Movement
    Abjuration
    Level: Brd 4, Clr 4, Drd 4, Luck 4, Rgr 4
    Components: V, S, M, DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Personal or touch
    Target: You or creature touched
    Duration: 10 min./level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell enables you or a creature you touch to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web. The subject automatically succeeds on any grapple check made to resist a grapple attempt, as well as on grapple checks or Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin.

The spell also allows the subject to move and attack normally while underwater, even with slashing weapons such as axes and swords or with bludgeoning weapons such as flails, hammers, and maces, provided that the weapon is wielded in the hand rather than hurled. The freedom of movement spell does not, however, allow water breathing.
    Material Component

A leather thong, bound around the arm or a similar appendage.
    This spell specifically mentions non-magical and magical means of restriction. This makes no ****ing sense, and all it does it irritate the player base.
    Honkin * Diaari * Bazongas

care to explain the nerf for the rest of us?
    According to the release notes, certain spells (namely, Heal and Mass Heal, as well as unnamed SLAs) will received reduced benefit from spellpower. Reduced in this case meaning halved.

FoM now only protects against magic impairment, so basically it now only works against Hold Person/Hold Monster. Maybe web? But those ice ramps and other non-magical movement impediments will now ignore FoM. My guess is that this is the rationalization they are putting in place to let driders use their webline slow/trip attack on people who should be immune to it.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    According to the release notes, certain spells (namely, Heal and Mass Heal, as well as unnamed SLAs) will received reduced benefit from spellpower. Reduced in this case meaning halved.

FoM now only protects against magic impairment, so basically it now only works against Hold Person/Hold Monster. Maybe web? But those ice ramps and other non-magical movement impediments will now ignore FoM. My guess is that this is the rationalization they are putting in place to let driders use their webline slow/trip attack on people who should be immune to it.
    Think about grease also. which is goign to **** me the F off because I bet they won't have fixed the NPC AI to have slower movement and NOT get terrain screwed like we do.

My guess is they are taking away stuff to later give it back as loot rewards. By cutting your healing in half they can then add an awesome raid loot item that doubles healing without breaking the game. I assume they will be adding some physical type fom boots or maybe a new druid only physical fom spell or epic destiny line.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    My guess is they are taking away stuff to later give it back as loot rewards. By cutting your healing in half they can then add an awesome raid loot item that doubles healing without breaking the game. I assume they will be adding some physical type fom boots or maybe a new druid only physical fom spell or epic destiny line.
    lol how does healing break the game?....
    I'm still new at this "helping" stuff.

Amanita

Healing breaks the game by reducing Pay to Win. People buy less pots of heal and mass heal are effective spells.
    Cannith - Falconsbane(8 - 3rd life), NeedOil (14), NeedMead, Needfood, hobbitarcher(5)
    Sarlona - Zebidiahh (19.8), Anotherpers(20), Smurgh(16), Falconsbane(14), Needoil(15)
    The first rule of the trashcan guild is expect to die...
    There is no second rule.

honestly i see the change to fom as probably being description only.

look back at the spell anyway.

doesn't protect us from house cannith chains.
    doesn't protect us from evil outsider chains
    doesn't allow us to run in ankle depth water
    doesn't protect us from u9 takens gunk chains.
    no longer protects us from earthgrab.

I haven't noticed anything yet on lam that fom no longer protects us from that it did as of the release of motu, i see this as a tooltip update that's more inline with the ddo rendition of the spell.

edit. just noticed that it doesn't protect me from bear traps anymore. Makes sense, but so would fom allowing me to run over them so lightly i don't trigger them.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 07-06-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    Like I'm going to continue to grind content just to have a chance of looting something that gets be back what I lost.

That's all kinds of stupid.

Community Member

I would also like to complain and whine about this.

It is bloody annoying having to manage different **** with devotion, impulse and radiance separately (and never continently 3 in 1 item), having clickies being almost a waste of time, and all the stuff that I used forever (upgraded abbot staff anyone?) now not worth bothering with.

So why the HECK do you want to nerf Heal? People are getting alot more hp, not significantly more healing amp, and mobs are hitting MUCH harder then before, making the main healing spells that are used to fill up big bars work half as well is absurd.

I feel better now. Lots of other people whine so maybe they won't do this, your healers will thank you.
    Last edited by Kizara; 07-07-2012 at 02:25 AM.

Okay, in the newer content, everyone divine should be a healbot. That's what you wanted. And to guarantee, that we dont get off our job, you nerf our most valuable spells.

Well thank you, theres NO incentive to run a divine anymore, espacially while pugging. The playbase will suerly thank you for the lack of ppl that enjoy being a healbot...

This is what i paid for? Really?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bechtinger View Post
    Okay, in the newer content, everyone divine should be a healbot. That's what you wanted. And to guarantee, that we dont get off our job, you nerf our most valuable spells....
    ...and dont forget to include that nifty little 100% surcharge on all offensive casting DPS output, to make sure divines dont go interrupting the kill counts of the players who know better than to run divine casters.

Community Member

Maybe they will give clerics some increased movement speed in return, so that we could hide behind the nearest phallic object faster. Wait, never mind, that's why Exalted angel gets wings.

And the only offense you will get is when you try and think of doing something else than heal, Healer.