Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Quests to Farm Bind to Account Gear

I know several quests give Bind to Account Gear.

Most are chains, and you get the bind to account gear at the end of the chain.

I think the WW gives Bind to Account after you find Arlis and Venn, but those are both pretty long.

Are there any quests you can find BTA gear that are shorter than the WW and single step? Maybe something where you can just repeat a single quest over and over?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post

I think the WW gives Bind to Account after you find Arlis and Venn, but those are both pretty long.

Are there any quests you can find BTA gear that are shorter than the WW and single step? Maybe something where you can just repeat a single quest over and over?
    Most of the Sharn Syndicate quests give account-bound equipment as end rewards, are fairly short, and can be repeated individually. The wiki shows which quests drop which pieces of equipment.

Pretty much all the BtA stuff comes from chain quest end rewards.

You can get BtA random items that you can disjunct if you want and use for a crafting blank from Red Fens quests or if it happens to be a good item you can just keep it the way it is......the named items are all BtC tho.....and you need to pretty much do the whole chain to get matching sets.

Scratt for president!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eachna_gislin View Post

http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/BtA_base_items

Come out and Slay no longer drops nicked weapons or BTA items like it used to. I believe this happened when the 3 chain completion mechanic went into effect.

When you grabbing stuff from a chain end list....also look at it extremely carefully.

I am only a wizard now but I am a bit of a purest and I only use Qstaffs for the most part if I melee.........quite a while back tho I when I was playing one of my monks I got a +3 Qstaff from the Delera's end list........so what big deal right.....but it was a big deal because I happened to notice what it was made of before making my final reward decision....and it was adamantine.

The qstaff in the end list was only listed as a +3 Quarterstaff though.....and it was no display bug...I used it quite well on plenty of golems.....so watch for that kind of stuff.

Oh how I would love to have that staff now to make a construct killer.

Scratt for president!!!!

only place i can think of with a quest that has a conveniently located quest-giver and is a single quest for weapons would be into the deep (the end quest of the red fens). note that every third reward list will give you a list full of the named loot, not random BTA stuff, however. the other quests in the red fens will also offer BTA stuff, but unfortunately there is a run in between the quest and the giver

otherwise, as was mentioned, the various sharn syndicate quests mostly give BTA non-weapon loot.

The qstaff in the end list was only listed as a +3 Quarterstaff though.....and it was no display bug
    Quarterstaves have never displayed their material type in their name.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Quarterstaves have never displayed their material type in their name.
    Wait....so are these actually more common than I thought? Are there actually cold iron and silver Qstaffs in random loot gen?

Scratt for president!!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    Wait....so are these actually more common than I thought? Are there actually cold iron and silver Qstaffs in random loot gen?

my monk pulled a silver quarterstaff and, like you, i didn't notice it until i moused over looking for guild slots
    if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
    if life gives you pickles, well you're screwed. because pickleade sucks.

I think these only show up as end rewards to chains. I picked up a silver one from Delera's and an adamantine one from Tangleroot and I was thrilled to get them.
    Sadcat // Funn // Algorithm // others
    The Order of Cygnus - Sarlona

I'll echo sharn, specifically for the fact that I've gotten No ML BtA FF rings in end reward lists. This is better than the ring of feathers because they have better durability and take no perma-damage.

Others that I can think of:
    Phiarlan Carnival
    Lordsmarch Plaza
    Inspired Quarter

Seems like there's usually a Chronoscope loot farming run up for 4-20. If you are low level, you can often pike in the Rusty Nail til it's done. End rewards include BTA random items.

I've had very little success finding BTA helms or belts though. Think I've only gotten one from the end of Sorrowdusk.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

I'll agree with others on Sharn Syndicate. Dirty Laundry takes like 2 minutes and gives a BTA docent/robe/armor. The first quest in the chain takes ~5 minutes for BTA accessories (goggles, necklaces, etc). Bookbinder rescue you can get nice no ML feather fall, detect secret door clickies, invisibility, and other random BTA things...but that quest is kind of a pain. And BTA weapons from the quest chain end reward.

Those are the ones I do to get BTA things for crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Seventoe View Post
    I think these only show up as end rewards to chains. I picked up a silver one from Delera's and an adamantine one from Tangleroot and I was thrilled to get them.
    supposedly, they can show up in any BTA reward list.

personally, i've found them in tangleroot end rewards (iirc i got my byeshk one there), threnal end rewards (that's where i got my cold iron), silver (finally, took forever - found this in delerras), flametouched iron (also found in deleras), and an adamantine one... i honestly can't remember where i got the adamantine one though.

i think the "material not showing up" comment was referring to the fact that, for example, some quarterstaves are made of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    I'll echo sharn, specifically for the fact that I've gotten No ML BtA FF rings in end reward lists. This is better than the ring of feathers because they have better durability and take no perma-damage.
    FYI you can take a BtA ring and Cannith Craft FF on it and have a BtA ring. Easier to get a generic BtA ring and craft than find a No ML random BtA ring
    Leader - Ωmega Syndicate [L41] guild of Khyber|Orien - www.os.rumbaar.net
    Khyber - Eldraine - Monk | Eldaline - Favored Soul | Eldnuker - Sorcerer
    █████ - Eldalorne - Wizard | Elarawr - Fighter | Eldrainge - Ranger/Rogue

Yes. They are pretty rare though, but apparently more common than you thought, since you apparently thought they didn't exist at all.

Wood and Steel are by far the most common materials, but all the materials that other weapons can generate as can also generate on staves.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Yes. They are pretty rare though, but apparently more common than you thought, since you apparently thought they didn't exist at all.

Wood and Steel are by far the most common materials, but all the materials that other weapons can generate as can also generate on staves.
    *sigh* Oh well I guess I will run some of those on casual when I cap again.......I am so close to level 90 divine...at 84 now....then I can finally make metalline shards

Wow those last few crafting levels are rough....and that is just for bound shards LOL

Scratt for president!!!!

*sigh* Oh well I guess I will run some of those on casual when I cap again.......I am so close to level 90 divine...at 84 now....then I can finally make metalline shards

Wow those last few crafting levels are rough....and that is just for bound shards LOL
    Yeah, I went from 87 arcane to 100 today...it takes a lot of greaters/lessers in that end stretch. Definitely worth blowing some points on +20% success boosters and a crafting xp pot for that part, they're pretty cheap in points anyway.

Now I can make +6 stat of +4 attack bonus, just in time for attack bonus to not matter very much in expansion =/

Quote Originally Posted by Isolani View Post
    Yeah, I went from 87 arcane to 100 today...it takes a lot of greaters/lessers in that end stretch. Definitely worth blowing some points on +20% success boosters and a crafting xp pot for that part, they're pretty cheap in points anyway.

Now I can make +6 stat of +4 attack bonus, just in time for attack bonus to not matter very much in expansion =/
    did you ever notice that the same people screaming about how useless boosting attack bonus will be tend to be the same people screaming that power attack is going to be useless now because it will make you miss too often?

(in other words: that's a load of ****. attack bonus will continue to be valuable, and in fact will be valuable to more people than previously. it will perhaps be not as valuable to some, but it will *still* be valuable -- as should be obvious to anyone who understands that power attack will involve actual careful decision making based on just how much to-hit you have vs the mob's AC).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast