Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Default Shroud on hard ... What a run :-)

Just finished a Shroud on hard .... What a run that was ! Not ranting or anything .. just thought I share it with those who might be interested :-)

Took the first 11 who applied to the LFM and we got rolling. I was on my FVS. Before we started I asked if we had any 1st timers with us .. Nobody replied so i took that as a no and thought all knew what to do.

Thought we were a bit short on melee but during part one I noticed the portals were going down just fine. Part two and three went smooth too. No hick-ups at all. Looked like the usual "walk-in-the-park" Shroud.

Part four was going well till we had the big fellow down to like 40% I think it was. Cleric and I kept spamming mass heals but somehow melee in the center started jumping around and the mass heals didn't hit all of them resulting in four or five deaths. Our 2nd healer died unfortunately too. Well we pulled it off and even managed to rez all our deads thanks to some party members having rez clickies/scrolls on them.

Got them rezzed and instantly we all died again ... I was like *** ... Well, someone must have been in a hurry and jumped the portal to part five. I don't think I have to tell you guys/gals how the party reacted.

Standing in part five, most blue bars drained to zero from part four it took us ages to kill the mob and get our mana back. I think others as well as myself have to replace their W and S keys tomorrow.

Anyways, we managed to get back on our feet and killed the little ones. Big fellow comes down, melee surrounds them and starts the beating ... I keep tossing mass heals and cures and all goes fine till my target starts to get teleported away from group or maybe even decided themselves to leave the group now and then. Result was party members started dieing.

So we heal, rez, heal, rez, 2nd healer dies, rez, heal, rez, heal, I die, get rezzed, heal, rez, ect blah blah. You get the picture. We finally managed to pull it off and beat him.

But then, someone in the group decides to run straight to the altar and hits it ... We had folks announcing earlier and throughout the raid that they were not completing. Again, the party goes like *** ....

What a run that was ... I hope that the folks who hit the portal in part four before the group shrined and looted learned their lesson and hopefully so did the person who hit the altar in part five. I truely do hope so. Cause if not I am sure you guys will get banned/squelched by others.

NOTE: I also would like to thank those in the group who helped to pull it off once all seemed to go south and we were close to a party wipe in a raid we should not wipe in. So THANK YOU guys and gals.

Cheers
    Last edited by Shadow7375; 06-10-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Alot of new players will be in shroud for a while so we all need to be extra patient. I understand you asked if there were any first timers but some may not hear voice or pay attention to party chat and that assumes they speak english at all. There are going to be alot of people who generally solo start wanting to join raids and they may not read chat at all and play with the sound off. Prepair for the curse of the XP stones.

Default What a story!

Kudos go to you for not letting the less-than-optimal run sour your mood, especially since you were providing healing for the group. In that position I know I might have raged quit the run and blown a casket.

PUGs, at least they keep things interesting for better or for worse.

Thanks for sharing

Uber Completionist
    The Hatchery

Well, I have to admit .... this run did put my skills as a healer to the test and and I am sure my skills improved a bit during that run .... :-) I learned a few things from that run, that's for sure. ^^

Ah yes, I definately wanted to strangle the person that clicked on the portal in pt4 before we could get our bluebars and clickies back.

Though considering pt 2&3 I'm certain that nobody was new to Shroud, though there certainly was a saboteur in the run.

Well, at least we got trough and hopefully people learned something from the experience.

XO, Darth
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==$==ORIEN==$==$==$==$==$==$==$=
    Darthwolf **(?_?) Zendarth m(?_?m) Darthnoheals \(?_?)
    =$==$==$==$==$==$==House Do'Urden==$==$==$==$==$==$=