Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The circle is going to be broken.

It's going to be GoF > All soon.

If you're not GoF, you're dead.

That list comes down afterwards.

Think GoF is going to be (soft?) banned from PvP play. Just... It's basically Akuma/Gouki in original Super Street Fighter II Turbo. It's just broken beyond belief.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 16 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Eighnuss View Post
    Without a doubt the most popular PvP ability is their ability to cry and whine, as evidenced daily in harbor chat.
    BEST responce ever !!!!

SO true
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    The circle is going to be broken.

It's going to be GoF > All soon.

If you're not GoF, you're dead.

That list comes down afterwards.

Think GoF is going to be (soft?) banned from PvP play. Just... It's basically Akuma/Gouki in original Super Street Fighter II Turbo. It's just broken beyond belief.

J1NG
    Will depend if abilities break block
    Also EiN will be hard to 'load up' in brawl
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by keveniaftw View Post
    Will depend if abilities break block
    Also EiN will be hard to 'load up' in brawl
    You really think I would have written what I did if I haven't done and tested it already?

Charge outside of battle, nothing stopping you.
    Nothing blocks it, blocking won't stop it.
    If you haven't got Evasion, Heals and a EiN yourself, you're dead once another one comes in.

Although it's easy to see as they're punching every so often at nothing at a safe location. Using Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm to charge up.

In short, at ANY moment anyone see's a Monk just punching away every second or so, LEAVE the PvP area. And just wait in a safe zone until they're gone.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 16 36 Point Warforged Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 8)
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

You really think I would have written what I did if I haven't done and tested it already?

Charge outside of battle, nothing stopping you.
    Nothing blocks it, blocking won't stop it.
    If you haven't got Evasion, Heals and a EiN yourself, you're dead once another one comes in.

Although it's easy to see as they're punching every so often at nothing at a safe location. Using Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm to charge up.

In short, at ANY moment anyone see's a Monk just punching away every second or so, LEAVE the PvP area. And just wait in a safe zone until they're gone.

J1NG
    Ok, true (luckily I got a TRmonk )
    BUT
    Charging ki when nt being able to hit mobs takes LONG time.

Oh, and high saves FvS with (in new update) over 1K hitpoints standing and the temporary 10k HP buff helps? :P
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)

Ok, true (luckily I got a TRmonk )
    BUT
    Charging ki when nt being able to hit mobs takes LONG time.

Oh, and high saves FvS with (in new update) over 1K hitpoints standing and the temporary 10k HP buff helps? :P
    Charging takes a long time, but an almost guaranteed instant kill (for EVERYONE but you in the PvP area). You work that maths for that.

High saves mean very little unless you have at the very least 50 Will save and 50 Fort save. One, you take at least 500 damage. Enough to take down many a FvS. Two, for those with more HP, launch one of the two ranged attacks as well. At least another 300 damage (usually at least another 400 damage to another 800 damage for the other one). 95% of FvS will be down then. The remain ones? Go back to safety, laugh at them, recharge and repeat.

Who cares about 10k hp that's temp? Also, doesn't that need like 1000 hits before it even works? GoF doesn't even hit you. Just wait it out if it does trigger.

Remember, in PvP, anything goes. Including tactics such as this. You can self heal? So what, I can instant kill everyone and you can't kill me before I kill you (unless you're a grandmaster as well. )

Yeah, the death knell of PvP is coming after the inclusion of DoT's last time.

J1NG

Community Member

Charging takes a long time, but an almost guaranteed instant kill (for EVERYONE but you in the PvP area). You work that maths for that.

High saves mean very little unless you have at the very least 50 Will save and 50 Fort save. One, you take at least 500 damage. Enough to take down many a FvS. Two, for those with more HP, launch one of the two ranged attacks as well. At least another 300 damage (usually at least another 400 damage to another 800 damage for the other one). 95% of FvS will be down then. The remain ones? Go back to safety, laugh at them, recharge and repeat.

Who cares about 10k hp that's temp? Also, doesn't that need like 1000 hits before it even works? GoF doesn't even hit you. Just wait it out if it does trigger.

Remember, in PvP, anything goes. Including tactics such as this. You can self heal? So what, I can instant kill everyone and you can't kill me before I kill you (unless you're a grandmaster as well. )

Yeah, the death knell of PvP is coming after the inclusion of DoT's last time.

J1NG
    40 will 46 fort save will at least save me once in a while and then all the charging was for nothing
    Also, how big is the AoE of EiN? I don't know tht yet tbh :S

40 will 46 fort save will at least save me once in a while and then all the charging was for nothing
    Also, how big is the AoE of EiN? I don't know tht yet tbh :S
    The AOE size is just slightly bigger than the PvP in the Lobster.

With regards to wasting an EiN, well, there are already some players already who just snipe. So it won't be an issue for those players. They will have their cheap thrills somehow.

J1NG

For the most part PVP needs a lot of work as it is poorly implimented in DDO.

That being said...

Casters are the powerhouses in PVP (geared w/deathblock/spell absortpion Ioun stones.)
    Bards are the true threat-songs/dancing and only 1 item(house P shield) to protect you from them.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    For the most part PVP needs a lot of work as it is poorly implimented in DDO.
    Very true.

Casters are the powerhouses in PVP (geared w/deathblock/spell absortpion Ioun stones.)
    For base classes, no disagreement there.

Bards are the true threat-songs/dancing and only 1 item(house P shield) to protect you from them.
    Has the issue of bards fascinating/enthralling themselves been sorted? If not, they won't get very far in the future.

J1NG

Community Member

Lol J1NG, fasc enthrall was never what bards used: Capering is the word

And DAMN, I'm already looking forward to GoF on my light monk wis/str based

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12