Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Poll: Do you think we will get free hearts of wood in the expansion?

Edit: The official answer is: Yes, you will receive a lesser reincarnation from Tom Kruz. I Figured they would give a lesser because the backlash from media sites, believe it or not a lot of other MMO players have their eyes on this because it is a big expansion, seeing blogs and articles about having to pay 6 bucks to respect something that isn't players fault and getting nickle and dimed when most other MMO's do allow respecs for cheap ingame currency(or give them for free on expansion like and big changes like City of Heroes) was going to alienate a lot of possible players, hurting the longer term profits. Common sense prevailed for once...

Oh the amount of player ****ing on the net would have ended up being detrimental and reduce the morale of EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.

Do you think we will get free hearts of wood in the expansion? If so why or why not?

1.Yes: 3
    2.No: 7
    3.Not sure: 0
    4.Need more HoW Topics!:1

I believe we will get Lesser BTC hearts per character(most likely if it was created before the expansion), thanks to all the complaining going on(which is justified imo) and the bad PR this game will get if it doesn't, to me this is the least they should do and this why I think they will do it.

Now if I was in the sales department for turbine I could pull a bluff and just try to nickel and dime you players even more and just sell them at a 25% discount so people think they are getting a good deal, because we could stand to make more money from hearts than the expansion.
    Last edited by VorpalKnight; 06-22-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Community Member

No

Because it's Turbine

AJ

They'd better be +20.

Community Member

Since they have now delayed the enhancement overhaul to a later expansion, I believe that free hearts would be more appropriate then. At least, as discussed, it seems to me that this change, with the possibility of 4 PrE's at once with changed feat requirements, etc..., is going to have an even greater impact on build plans and call for free hearts even more than what is currently proposed to be changed in this expansion.

With that said, the changes taken together, really will require free hearts. (Other MMO's routinely offer free respecs, retcons, etc... after fundamental character system changes).

Personally, I think Turbine will do the right thing, here. If they don't, the majority of characters, built around one PrE and a particular feat-enhancement plan, are going to borked if not outright broken.

Not with the expansion, but with the enhancement update whenever that is.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar

I trust Madfloyd, so I say yes.
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Community Member

Don't need hearts.

The toons I can fix, I can probably fix without hearts.

The rest aren't fixable even with +20 hearts.

No.

Forgive my ignorance but the game has been changed many , many times over the years and people have adapted just fine without a freebie respec.

Just cause the forum goers , last I heard >5% , roar with entitlement nerdrage doesnt mean freebies should be given.

Funny thing is the entitled nerdraging forumites will be the first to adapt and overcome after the changes are implemented.

It is a game , just keep playing. It isn't like you are being asked to do something awful. TR again and put another life under your belt if you want to change that badly.

'omg Toro you must be nuts , actually play the game?'
    Yeah fracking crazy idea , I know
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    No.

Forgive my ignorance but the game has been changed many , many times over the years and people have adapted just fine without a freebie respec.

Just cause the forum goers , last I heard >5% , roar with entitlement nerdrage doesnt mean freebies should be given.

Funny thing is the entitled nerdraging forumites will be the first to adapt and overcome after the changes are implemented.

It is a game , just keep playing. It isn't like you are being asked to do something awful. TR again and put another life under your belt if you want to change that badly.

'omg Toro you must be nuts , actually play the game?'
    Yeah fracking crazy idea , I know
    ^This.

As a self-confessed Altaholic (53 Alts currently, who knows how many rerolled in the past 6 years), I have no problem rerolling all my Alts if i need to. I did it before, when we had no mail system or shared bank, losing (then)good items and plat, and only had 6 slots.

To me the whole mechanic change/expansion just means I get to learn a newer way to play. I also like most of the changes, as they will allow us "inbetweeners" who don't min-max to have better choices and performance.

Most of the complaints I've see in the posts seem to point out "this" change will "ruin my Melee" or "that "change will make my caster impossible to play", almost as if the poster's real life child had been nerfed.

I will wait and see before I complain
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

Thumbs down

No.
    Just work it babeee...

No.

It takes 2 hours running challenges to get a true heart of wood. Stop being lazy and get your own heart of wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitakka View Post
    No.

It takes 2 hours running challenges to get a true heart of wood. Stop being lazy and get your own heart of wood.
    How many hours of running challenges does it take to get a lesser heart of wood?

ya right, dream on, give something away when they can make even MORE money selling? Riiiiiiight.

At least a small part of the reason they continually update/change classes is to sell hearts of wood.

I guarantee that.

If something is sold in the store the odds of it being given away plummet down to right around zero.

So I am gonna go with no on this one.

Community Member

The official answer is: Yes, you will receive a lesser reincarnation from Tom Kruz. I Figured they would give a lesser because the backlash from media sites, believe it or not a lot of other MMO players have their eyes on this because it is a big expansion, seeing blogs and articles about having to pay 6 bucks to respect something that isn't players fault and getting nickle and dimed when most other MMO's do allow respecs for cheap ingame currency(or give them for free on expansion like and big changes like City of Heroes) was going to alienate a lot of possible players, hurting the longer term profits. Common sense prevailed for once...

Oh the amount of player ****ing on the net would have ended up being detrimental and reduce the morale of EVERYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Yes Kruz will allow 1 free respec (a lesser reincarnation) per character. You don't need a heart of wood, just talk to Kruz and he'll let you do a lesser. Only restriction is it can't be a true, greater, or + reincarnation, just a basic lesser reincarnation.

Quote Originally Posted by VorpalKnight View Post
    TI Figured they would give a lesser because the backlash from media sites
    Backlash from what? They've been planning on giving out a free lesser respec (and said as much) since before Open Beta even hit.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DemonMage View Post
    Backlash from what? They've been planning on giving out a free lesser respec (and said as much) since before Open Beta even hit.
    And where did you get that info from? Give us your source.

Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

I think we probably will. Anyone want to bet an LDS with me on that?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    I think we probably will. Anyone want to bet an LDS with me on that?
    20LDS that they will, in fact I'm willing to bet 8-1 odds in your favor that they will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast