Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 101 to 107 of 107
  1. #101
    Community Member Auran82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quest levels above 20 should all be considered 20 for purposes of working out xp penalty, the level should just be used to determine difficulty (to give people an idea of which are harder etc) and loot. Over level penalties and power levelling should only look at heroic levels.

  2. #102
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinjiteru View Post
    That's not true anymore, all tier 6 ED enhancements only require level 20 atm on lammania. So a level 20 TRed monk would have instant access to all tiers of his ED and it's ridiculous to rate him as level 20 for xp penalties if someone who just started his ED and has one epic level is rated one level higher.

    I don't think the EDs should require any level above 20 anyways. You need to level up your EDs to get the enhancements, why should there be any other (epic) level requirements be included/needed? Only for TRing purposes? Seems Turbine thought this too and changed it.

    But yeah... I still think either stop raising character level beyond 20 or use the EDs, but using epic levels is not a valid character level rating atm.
    I missed that change, and even tho I so far haven't TR'd I like that they did that as I could see that as a major disadvantage for TRs.

    In which case I would have been fine with the HL+EDL formula they abandoned so quickly, but I do think the better idea is to just increase the powerlevel gap to 5 instead of 4, thus making it only a concern for level 20s with level 26s, and making it a non-issue until the next level cap raise.

    Alternately, it could be based on the quest level only, so if the party has somebody too high of a level to get xp from the quest then nobody gets xp from the quest, otherwise the highest level character just asks as an 'xp cap' for the quest.

    The power leveling penalty makes sense for heroic level stuff, and for keeping sub-20 out of epic stuff, but it shouldn't penalize level 20s who want to play with their 25th level friends.


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  3. #103
    Community Member Furbitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

    It's obviously clear that you prefer the simpler method so I will happily revert this change.
    Hmm. I hope its soon. As of last night, I confirmed its still working like this:

    My guildy and I was running Unquiet Graves, I was on my lvl 21 monk ED 1 and he was on a lvl 20 with ED 0 caster. Both of us for the first time. quest exp was like 1600 for both of us on epic normal. Extremely frustrated, we started again. This time I brought a lvl 20 arti with ED 0, NOW, We getting 35k exp!

    Don't penalize us for power-leveling when we aren't!

  4. #104
    Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Western Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,155

    Default Hoping for a Dev response to this(since impacts all players)

    Quote Originally Posted by Furbitor View Post
    Hmm. I hope its soon. As of last night, I confirmed its still working like this:

    My guildy and I was running Unquiet Graves, I was on my lvl 21 monk ED 1 and he was on a lvl 20 with ED 0 caster. Both of us for the first time. quest exp was like 1600 for both of us on epic normal. Extremely frustrated, we started again. This time I brought a lvl 20 arti with ED 0, NOW, We getting 35k exp!

    Don't penalize us for power-leveling when we aren't!
    Requoted. Hoping for a Dev response to this(since impacts all players).

    Keep up the great work! Expansion next week HOLLA! :P! ! Lolz! xD!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

    DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

  5. #105
    Community Member THOTHdha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinjiteru View Post
    I see that using ED levels would be more complicated for grouping and knowing who is at which level. But although using plain epic levels might make this easier it is an unfair rating of the characters strenght.
    Do we really stick to an unfair system only because it's easier?
    This is kind of an issue with how the question was presented. In this thread we were asked "Would you like this scenario, where Epic Destiny levels are used for character's post 20 level?", call it option C.

    People responded "No, that does not sound good!". Many of them said that remembering this, option B:
    05/05/2012: Originally Posted by MadFloyd
    1) There won't be any penalties for level 20's playing with level 25's if that's what you're asking.

    So it was then changed to "Alright then, everyone will just use their epic class levels to go from 21-25." Option A.

    And people responded "Hey, wait a minute.... A long time ago you said that wasn't going to happen! There was a big discussion about it, and the players made strong arguments about why that would be a bad thing, given the large level cap increase. You said that all Epic characters would be able to group together without penalty. That is what we thought we were choosing over option C!"

    I think that people would generally rather have ED levels count instead of the generic character levels for epic progression. But even more than that option, I think that they would like to simply have all epic level characters be 'epic' and not impose level based penalties on the epic content. I am rather confused as to why this was promised, and then retracted without any discussion.

  6. #106
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THOTHdha View Post
    This is kind of an issue with how the question was presented. In this thread we were asked "Would you like this scenario, where Epic Destiny levels are used for character's post 20 level?", call it option C.

    People responded "No, that does not sound good!". Many of them said that remembering this, option B:
    05/05/2012: Originally Posted by MadFloyd
    1) There won't be any penalties for level 20's playing with level 25's if that's what you're asking.

    So it was then changed to "Alright then, everyone will just use their epic class levels to go from 21-25." Option A.

    And people responded "Hey, wait a minute.... A long time ago you said that wasn't going to happen! There was a big discussion about it, and the players made strong arguments about why that would be a bad thing, given the large level cap increase. You said that all Epic characters would be able to group together without penalty. That is what we thought we were choosing over option C!"

    I think that people would generally rather have ED levels count instead of the generic character levels for epic progression. But even more than that option, I think that they would like to simply have all epic level characters be 'epic' and not impose level based penalties on the epic content. I am rather confused as to why this was promised, and then retracted without any discussion.
    You mean, something like this?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4TVRPvFGt0


    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

  7. #107
    Community Member Morlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Voldomar View Post
    05/05/2012:


    I hope this is still accurate
    Thanks, I missed that somewhere. ^_^
    I play this game. It is fun.
    Morlen - Vigo - Siliana - Ragz - Jeeyou Knit - EnZeroZeroBe - Joeb - Kiandra - Tenju - Freakadroid - Asteri
    Server: Ghallanda - Member: ToHitArmorClassZero

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload